weather at the barn #11

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1266612/#new
81 and sunny. looks like the weekend will be dryer that they first predicted. if the gas prices don't rise too much more, I'll most likely be showing sat.

Richmond, TX

Weather radar made it look as if it was raining here an hour ago - but it didn't. There has been some rain in the area, however it has always missed us. The pastures are dusty and dry. Earlier in the week the humidity was low and the nights were delightfully cool, but today it's back!

Have fun at the show!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I'm surrounded by horses but most aren't rideable. lol. I do have a coworker who has horses and she only lives about 2 miles from me but our schedules haven't been meshing so I haven't caught up with her lately to ask her about coming over now that it's cooling off outside.

Today was high 80s with a nice breeze and sunny. Tomorrow highs in the low 60s and rainy.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Nice here the last few days. Today was high 70s and sunny. Took advantage of the cooler temps to dig the stalls out.

Coffee has cut her leg and looks to be getting infected. cleaned it up well today and started her on antibiotics. Going to get her a tetnus shot tomorrow.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

sending healing thoughts to Coffee

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

59 going up to 83. planning on riding after work

We went from 80 yesterday to just barely reaching 60 and some rain. I'm loving it!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Hot and sunny today. Coffee is better. Got her on gent now and gave her 2 tetnus shots.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

got the chance to ride. pepper, glad you got rain. cajun, glad coffee is doing better.

Richmond, TX

We got a brief but hard rain this afternoon too! I'll bet the pastures will be showing some green by tomorrow afternoon. Miraculous stuff, rain!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

yes it is!

65 and cloudy

Some rain overnight and still coolish today. It did warm up to 70 though once the sun peeked out. Felt nice!!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we got some rain this am.

lost my arab mare today at the ripe old age of 33. the last 6 yrs she has been at a friends backyard in retirement.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

67 and sunny. was able to take Alice to a show this am.

Richmond, TX

I'm sorry to hear about you mare. It sounds as of she had a long happy life.

Let us know how the show goes.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we placed, 2- 4th and a 5th. she likes to do the speedy trot, which I can slower down at home for, but at a show she doesn't listen to well. She finally started to relax a little by the 3rd class.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

even at 20, Alice is a work in progress!

I can't spell!

This message was edited Sep 15, 2012 7:18 PM

Richmond, TX

Everyone seems to expect horses to mellow out with age. That has not been my experience. If they are goofy at 2 they are goofy at 22.

Sounds like you rode pretty well at the show even if Alice tried to ignore you. You are doing more than the rest of us!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

thanks, PP. she is very aware in new surroundings. when others will fall asleep bored, she is still looking at everything.

Temps have been in the low to mid 70s here. Cloudy out here in my area but sunny in the city. It's been that way all weekend. lol

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

51 headed to 75

Low 70s and partly sunny all day.

Richmond, TX

Only 83 today and the earlier rain has really greened up the pastures!

South Hamilton, MA

good to hear that the grass is improving

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

63 and rain

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Alice and I at the horse show. Alice on the look out

Thumbnail by jumper2
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

we got 1.2" of rain today

Good pic of you and Alice!!

No rain today, just sunshine and cool temps. Reached the mid 60s. Fall is here!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Been raining here for 2 days. Temps are cooler so I have moved the turtles inside.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

53 and sunny

Happy Birthday Cajun!!!!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Pep. It's been just like any other day.

Richmond, TX

Alice does indeed look quite alert at the show and you look very correct!

Happy B-Day Cajun!

We got rain last week; things are green again!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

thanks, PP. the pics that DH took helped me see that my position is good.

Happy Birthday, Cajun.

currently 50 and cloudy

Highs in the mid 70s and sunny. Tomorrow I think we go back down to the 60s.

Richmond, TX

88, sunny and low humidity - really nice!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

58 and cloudy

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks so much for the BD wishes. It has been nice.

Sunny but not too hot.

Amost 80 today. Prefer low 70s. lol

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

54 and rain tonight.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images