Spider plant flowers

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ(Zone 7a)

What do I do once flowers have bloomed? snip them off? I haven't a clue!! The flowers are cute yet boring. But it adds something to the plant, that I can't put my finger on. I sooooo love to see my plants bloom. Because when I got them all I never knew they could. I never bought for the flowers. I bought them for the foilage and the neat way they grow, or the coloring on the leaves. Blooms are an extra bonus. It also tells me that I am doing something right :)
Thanks for any help you can give.
Holly

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Holly, Leave the flowers alone and the new babies will appear there. Let them form good air roots and then cut and transplant them if you want more. If you don't, just let them hang on the shoot as that is one of the unique and beautiful things about the plant.

Point Pleasant Beach, NJ(Zone 7a)

Thanks Elena! Thats what I thought, but wanted to be sure. Woulda hated to have snipped them off when I shouldn't. :o)
Holly

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Glad I saved the little babies. I let mine hang on the plant all winter and in the spring I pot up some of them and start new pots. They are like roaches and pretty soon you have more than you would ever have dreamed. LOL!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.