Morning Glories 2012 # 11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, love your dark form of no Momo. Pretty Mauve Splash and the two pinks that look a lot
like Pink Dye.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous, Helena. Esp the fuji no mono...bet they are glad you love them so much to move them!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Love the Fuji no Monet Helena! All mine were pinkish/purple this year. Strange since the last two years they stayed true to the original bluish color...last pic is my original one...

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

well! now I know what all mine were LOL.. Ronnie those are gorgeous!

gee, wish I had saved some seeds, but the perfect one from last year didn't set any.
MG tree still going strong out side..
wild mgs still blooming..
last blue silk bloom of the year..
bloom from last year
another bloom from last year.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Those are beautiful Ronnie Love the last 2, the wine colored one and the original color

Love your Tree MG and the
Blue Silk Debra. Great blooms from last yr.

A shot of everything crammed back into the green house
Off to my Drs appt.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Debra and Ronnie. Ronnie thanks for the ID, I'll put a tag on those.

Love all your blooms Ronnie, very gorgeous.

Love all your gorgous blooms too Debra.

Your plants in the green house look very nice Jackie.

I only had repeat blooms so will not post but just enjoy yours.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra I love this one!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9300268&extraimg=2

OH Jackie I would love to have a greenhouse!! The plants look so happy!

Ronnie, You would just love a greenhouse. No end to what you can grow with a ghouse to
protect your plants. I know Helena is enjoying hers. :-)

Plum Purple Velvet

This message was edited Oct 10, 2012 12:16 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful bloom Jackie. You are right, I have my green house but don't have as good a set up like you.

Here's what bloomed today. Took them out of gh for some sun.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Jackie I like the plum purple velvet!

Helena the flowers in your first pic are great!

Thanks Helena and Ronnie,

I love your pics in the 1st pic too Helena. The Mauve Star and that Pink w/stripes reminds me
of Tie Dye even if its not. Anything that looks remotely like Pink Tie Dye punches all my buttons. :-)
I like the rest of your blooms too. The colors are really pretty. Beautiful Choc Silk

Oops, going to be late to my eye Dr appt

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ronnie and Jackie.

Hope your eye dr appt went ok Jackie.

Helena, My eyes have really gotten worse. Eye Dr said it happens, just a part of aging.
I'll have my new glasses in under a week. So excited at the thought of being able to see again

Saz

Pretty Pink Asago

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

oh you guys are so lucky to have all those beautiful blooms!

Debra, just a few opening now. Once in a while I'll find one with 5 blooms open. No wonder, look how late mine started to bloom this yr, late Aug for some of them.
This was beautiful this yr, pretty lvs too b4 the whiteflies found it

Purple no Mai still blooming off and on but no purple blooms lately
Pink Tie Dye
My new Red Aglaonema, found it yesterday at the N Little Rock Wal Mart

This message was edited Oct 11, 2012 7:54 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful blooms. Glad all went well at the eye dr.

I really love your gorgeous pink blooms. Great colors.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2012 2:57 PM

we are unassembling the arbors and gardens this weekend, I am hoping to grab some pods from the no mais and speckles and blizzards, I have two fat pods from the blue silk hooray!
love the pink tyedye.. never heard of an Aglaonema... gee thanks, now i want one LOL my ZZ plant is going nuts, it is about to break out of it's pot. so much to do!

Thanks Debra. Hope you gather lots of sds. My sd gathering is picking up finally.
The Red Aglaonema was too pretty to pass up.:-)

Gautier, MS

Only a few this morning. I have a dozen vines I took out of gh for real sunshine.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012 8:32 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, the blue is beautiful! I love your trio combo as well. The rose is to die for!
it finally rained here.. YAY! my rain barrels are ready to empty into the watering cans I am sooo happy, I will be playing in the dark after work today..

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I agree Debra, Helena's blue is a nice one!
I've been gather seeds as well and have lots of fat pods. I think I will just cut the vines this year and bring them in rather than drag all the pots to the shed.

This one was a pleasant surprise for me came out of some seeds that were supposed to be white. I don't think I mixed anything up since I never had a white Nil or didn't buy or trade for anything this color. It was very generous with flowers and lots of seed pods. Cutting it first!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes

oh ronnie! that is gorgeous. save a couple seeds for me?

Helena, beautiful icy blue, I love it. Beautiful trio of colors this morning. Each one a beauty in its own right.
Your Roses are all special too. Wish I could grow them.

Your Purple is lovely Ronnie. Love surprises

I am so happy, I found a few sd pods on Blushing Bride and the no Sora Cross not. The no Sora cross not
blooms were huge, twice as big as the orig no Sora blooms. So I plan on growing a couple of those next yr. Also, I might turn up the missing cross
bloom. I've never been able to get the cross to show backup. :-(

A pretty Lav LYK
A 5 inch no Sora cross not
Plum Purple Velvet a favorite this yr for the color.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Glad you got some good rain Debra. I collect rain water too, helps a lot. Might be better for the plants too.

Ronnie your purples are gorgeous.

Jackie, glad you got some seeds from BB and no Sora cross not. I have enjoyed seeing your pretty blooms.

Look at my naval oranges, looking forward to when they get ripe.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. Your oranges look huge!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra I will surely save you some seeds from my surprise if the frost doesn't get them first.

Jackie I love the "no Sora cross not" such a nice blue!

Helena wowser on the oranges...so cool to be able to grow them!

Quote from luvsgrtdanes :
Debra I will surely save you some seeds from my surprise if the frost doesn't get them first.

Jackie I love the "no Sora cross not" such a nice blue!

Helena wowser on the oranges...so cool to be able to grow them!

I agree with Ronnie.. wowzer on the oranges! yummy! and here I am all beaming from gathering 6 huge poblano peppers.. LOL
seriously, I think all the bloms you all have posted have been amazing.
More rain tommorrow with tornadoe warnings Isn't this just the weirdest weather?
just came in from pulling some of the lav moon vine seeds ... found two more summer squashes growing,, gee I have to pull it all out this weekend..

(Zone 7a)

Jackie, I too have been having pots-scattered-about-the-garden issues, maybe more scattered than you? Anyhoo, I have always washed & recycled my pots, but after almost 40 years of things progressively getting out of hand, I'm sorry to say that the quickest thing to do was to bag many of them up & have them hauled off with our collapsing shed. With pain from my scoliosis, time is a completely new dimension - much shorter and more scarce.

Anyhoo, if I could go back in time, I wonder how this garden art made from your pots would do along your fence line - http://www.kidsgardening.org/node/69278 - maybe these pot people could be spray painted? What a great public service this could be for convicted graffiti artists - just go around gardeners' yards & gussy up their pot people :) Your morning glories could grow all over them in summer, and then when frost takes the vines, out would emerge the pot people.

From a 2007 sowing of Ipomoea hederifolia v lutea, a vine volunteered in our garden this summer, along with a white Ipomoea quamoclit and I. purpurea Kniola's Black on arbors out back, so all was not lost in the morning glory department this year, plus Kokorota's I. albivenia from her seed will go into its 4th winter indoors here - no flowers yet, though. Due to the generosity of folks on this forum, I have wonderful seeds to sow next year and hope to have better pics to share then.

Have enjoyed everyone's pics so much. Thank you all.

Gautier, MS

Thanks everyone, yes my oranges are huge. My neighbor volunteered to cut 2 branches a couple of weeks ago so his orange tree and mine could get more sun.

I've enjoyed everyones pictures too.

Looking forward to next years sowing from you guys too. My mgs are still going to be blooming for awhile and if it's not too much repeats I'll keep posting.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks everyone. I too have enjoyed all the beautiful blooms posted to our forum.
it was awesome and thanks to all
the members who shared.

Karen, did not realize you suffered with scoliosis, so does my daughter.
I love the pot people since the 1st time I saw them several yrs ago. I probably won't ever get those made.

So happy you have new vines blooming Helena. Your blooms are all gorgeous.
Love the speckled and the gorgeous blue and white. The pink, Henka type and Choc silk are lovely too.
We won;t get tired of them.

No Mai, just when I think this one is all bloomed out
No Sora cross not.
Diff colors on this Pink Tie Dye
Pink George Strait

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Your gorgeous mgs look happy to be in your gh.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Looking good guys!
Karen I hope you are doing well ♥

I pulled just about all the vines I could today and got them inside in cups of water. Some still had a few blooms so I brought them in pot and all and am hoping for a few more flowers. Right now there are cups all over my window sill and pots in my little sun room off the kitchen. (have to remember to keep the gates up so the puppy doesn't get them) They will probably go in the cellar under lights unless I decide to run a small space heater out there. Not sure if it would be cost efficient or not come Jan. and Feb. I might ask my husband to cover the windows with plastic it may help.

Gautier, MS

Karen, I hope you are doing well too.

First bloom was tagged as blue velvet but it's definitely purple from a few years back.

The other 2 pics are repeat blooms, hoping for crossing by bees.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Ronnie, The plastic helps. I line my g house with it, inside and out. Helps
conserve energy. I use a gas heater too as I don't want to risk losing all my plants.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Purps
Corkscrew/snail vine, still hoping for a few sds
Blushing Bride lovely flowers, ugly foliage thanks to the whiteflies.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

ood to hear from you, Karen!
really great blooms everyone!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Really like the BB and your snail vine blooms.

I think I have several nice blooms today.

First pic is of 3 blooms with Aomurasaki blizzard.
Pink & pink
Tagged as blue velvet
Henka- blizzard
Blue velvet & Henka-blizzard together.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2012 7:43 AM

Thanks Helena. Your blooms are all gorgeous. Look how much your Blue Henka looks like
my Blue Marble not. Not saying they're the same but looks like they might share common genes
Do you think so too or is it my vivid imagination?
Your lovely Blue Velvet looks a lot like Hatsu Arashi
I need to enlarge your pic again but if I do, will delete all my post that I've typed so far. Wish that could be changed
Pink Tie Dye
And another Pink Tie Dye :-)

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I thought so too that it could be Hatsu Arashi, it's just that it was from a baggie from years ago with that name on it.
It's really dark blue though.

I love your 2nd pink tie dye! It has gorgeous colors.

Thanks Helena.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.