How was your day? #364

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! DH says be ready to go when he gets home tonight so we can vote. I picture a fun time tonight.

No nothing about Chiggers. Don't want to know anything. Skeeters are bad enough.

Was so busy the last couple of days. Sunday I was in the kitchen doing stuffl Then the kids came out until I had to get ready for work. Then I was not feeling right. The vertigo was just sitting there making me feel not right! Took half a pill that pretty much helped. Got home from work ate and feel asleep in front of the TV. Sat up and was a tad dizzy. Took another half a pi;;. Felt the same way when I woke up. So took a whole pill. Felt better. Took a shower and felt even better. Went to chiro appointment. Stopped and got pop on sale. Went to town to cash paycheck and then DH needed to go to the DMV. Made a few more stops then home and I was ready to crash. But had to get the fish moved and it was a good thing as there is some SNOW out there this morning.

Still need to drain and clean the pump. Wish I had done it yesterday. What was I thinking.

Adina I can hardly wait to read your articles. Sorry it is getting cold out there. But sad to say it is that time of year. How are the doggies doing?

Deb I love that soup and yes it is so easy to make. I might have to make some also now.
Well since Ty didn't make it to the groomers with Izzy I started brushing him last night and DH clipped his pantalooms and tail again! I don't like it but he does get all kinds of twigs and stuff tangled in that long fur.

Terese I hope Bud and the skunk stay friends. But do get those supplies on hand. I have read only god about using them and they have to be mixed fresh to work like BonnieB said. I have a hard time thinking about moving. Someday I might have too.

Tam I hope those places you are looking at stay affordable if that is where you want to go. Watched Revolution last night. I forsee a show or 2 based on the brand coming in the furure.

Better go and feed Ty. Get my day started. Coffee is almost gone.

Lyndonville, NY

Wish someone would get Izzy on a time schedule. All I asked was that DH let her out at 4:30 while he is up making his lunch for work. Nope, he can't do it. So by the time he backs out of the driveway and is a mile down the road....she needs out. Then I can't settle back down because the cats come down with OH Mom is up, time to eat!!!! They do this again if I lay on the couch trying for another round!!!

Adina, glad you got your article done. We have a very cold front moving in here also. Was down to 25 last night....and the east coast that got hit by the hurricane is getting it bad with cold and wind again. Stay safe!

Vicki, As much as Izzy loves the groomers, it does a number on her. Since Saturday when she came home...I have had her on tramadol. She has been having trouble walking, so stiff and sore legs....I assume from standing so long with two bad knees/ACL. I actually cried on Sunday watching her try getting up the back stairs.....I don't like this at all.

Talked to my SIL last night....asked her if I gave Harold the address for Loretta, could he go fix her power. She said "Deb, if he had a choice...he would in an instant." These men are suffering as bad as the victims. Harold got down to NJ last Sunday.....had his FIRST shower just this Saturday. Their food sometimes comes from the kindness of strangers...grilling and offering hot dogs or such. He has been sleeping in the truck here and there to get rest. AND of all things....he is having knee/hip surgery Nov. 16, so I know he isn't comfortable!

Bonnie B, when do you hear on the CT scan results?: Keeping the prayers going for good results. How is DBIL doing?:

Well....coffee is on and smells good, and I am going to need a nap today!!

Debbie

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

There are a lot of chiggers in the back yard..I put insect repellent on before I go outside..but they seem to have become resistant to it. Phil treated the area for me..said there were about 15 bites.they tend to get everywhere...depending upon how long I stay outside..guess I need to start making shorter stays. They will die soon when it freezes...Yea! I am using Benadryl cream which does seem to help.
Can't use vinegar topically right now since I have scratched so much the bites are all inflamed
I took some more pictures yesterday but they didn't get loaded..I will post some tonight.
I saw the Daisy clone, down the street she must live there, she was sitting on the porch looking like she was home...it is the same kitty that Corky chased. Corky must have offended the lady who was coming to feed him as she doesn't do that, anymore..
I love brocolli and cheese soup....maybe I will make some tonight.

Lyndonville, NY

Here is the broccoli cheese recipe I used. So so easy. I didn't use the heavy cream though....I used just milk.

http://www.mrfood.com/Soup-Recipes/Country-Kitchen-Broccoli-Cheese-Soup-425

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Debbie, thanks for asking. DBIL is about the same. Some little improvements, but more that is wrong than is right. It looks to be a very long time before something happens. They did get his kidneys working on their own, but still in a coma.

The Dr office should call me in a couple of days about the CT scan. Sure hope that it is okay, so I can get rid of this oxygen equipment. Haven't used it for about 3 months, just sitting here, but needs a Dr's orders before the company will come pick it up.

Back from the bank and voting. So now to get myself up to the attic and start on that job.

Lyndonville, NY

Oh BonnieB, we have the same chores. I need to get up in the attic...and it scares me! Stairs are bad enough...but there are critters up there!
Not to mention it is COLD.

DBILs body is going to need rebound time and healing from inside out. The kidneys must have received a major trauma between the accident and all the
"rescue meds". Glad they are kicking in and working again. Will continue the prayers. Same for CT results!

Had such a chuckle about Budman with the skunk. That is just a cute image in my mind. lol Good thing they are so far sighted that he probably thought he found another "large" skunk! Hope it stays....sociable and non-smelling!

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

I texted Bonnie last night. I thought I posted that here but not. She said she was overwhelmed with all the work needed to move her DM. She found someone to help so sounded like she has hope now. It sounds like she's gonna be in high stress through the holidays, based on what she said. At least she won't have to worry about her mother injurying herself once she's in the assisted living facility!

I voted via absentee ballot a few weeks ago. I'm so worried about the outcome of the election - but I'm sure I'm not alone there. Both sides are feeling its a key one. :-)

I have a busy day today - first meeting at 8am and probably will go right through the day in meetings. Be good ladies!

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Deb do you have Izzy on any other meds for her knees?

Lyndonville, NY

Vicki, she has the glucosimine, omega 3 fish oil and the tramadol.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I thought you were giving her something just wanted to make sure. How is her weight? We try hard to keep Ty's down as I don't trust his hips. I noticed he was gaining some and cut down on the snacks. We snack he snacks! A vicious cycle! For all of us.

I have those meatballs sitting on the counter and table and I leave the room and he doesn't touch them. He is so good!

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

She's backkkkkk!!!!

Debbie, my heart goes out to your DBIL. I can't imagine working in these conditions. I hope the people of NJ have been nice to he and his co-workers.

I so wish I had Tammy reserve that room over the weekend. Everything is in short supply and lines are very long. The gas situation has gotten better. People for the most part have been very nice. We had very long lines to vote this morning. the largest numbers in years. It was actually hot in the polling place. They had nice plump leather sofas. I think I should have holed up there.

Still no work. We have no idea when the office will open. The power company in WV said the area around work was the hardest hit in this county.

My DB brough over a propane heater and just about cooked me. About a 1/2 hour after he left I heard a noise - thought it was another generator. It was my refrigerator. I now have to empty the fridge. And the trash wasn't picked up last week.

I've been so tired since this storm hit us. I'm thinking it must be pure stress. I spent a couple of nights at my DB's. He has a large generator, hot water and a pellet stove. And he has TV but no internet. But it was like heaven.

There has been a lot of laughing and a whole lot of crying. Tomorrow we are looking at some snow tonight and there is a fear of trees falling.

I guess I need to get to that fridge. Thanks for all of your good wishes. I'm pretty sure my feet will get warm in December.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Elsie so glad you are back. But I am not going to stop worrying as there is a ways to go yet before things can be called normal there. Wish we lived closer because I would let you borrow my DH for some of the work I am sure you will need done. So happy you have family that could and did help.

Lyndonville, NY

((((Elsie))))) So glad you are back! And warming up! We have all been very worried about you. Is Chloe managing?

As Vicki said, wish we were all closer to help out! As BIL said, doesn't matter if you have money and go to a store...the stores are EMPTY and nothing
restocked in many areas, the trucks still can't get in!

Stay safe!!!

Lyndonville, NY

Got so excited I forget to answer your question Vicki.

Was told by the vet her weight is perfect. She is an extra large breed, weighs 92 lbs and is proportioned very well.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

elsie -- welcome back!! Hope you warm up sooner than December -- I'll be praying that things get back to normal sooner than later.

Whooppee, Elsie is back. So glad that you checked in. I have worried myself sick wondering if you were doing okay. I am sure that it will be a long while before things can be called normal for you all. Makes you appreciate the heat and water and the gasoline so much when you are forced to do without. I appreciate my well stocked pantry, and although I need my gas grill repaired, when the power is out, we can exist with things cooked on the grill.

Need to finish supper , but will be back later.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Just got done cutting my hair. A good 6 inches gone and it still seems to long in the back. I just want to be able to pull it back. On the sides there are a few short strands that hang but those are okay this time of year as they aren't blowing around and annoying me.

Gotta go and get the pump out of the pond.

Very unexciting day. I did get up into the attic but only worked about an hour. Since out outside temps were hovering at 50+, and I was wearing a sweatshirt, got a little warm for me. That is okay, since if the conditions had been perfect, I would have worked until I finished and then been so worn out. I can do an hour a day, and before you know it I will have that job all done.

Dr's office called and the CT scan is clear, so they faxed the medical equipment company, and they are coming for the oxygen supplies tomorrow afternoon. I am sending it all back with the accumulated dust. They probably hire people to clean it before it goes out to another customer, anyway. Hehe.

I think we can add Mr. B to the dogs that need to be on a diet. Since his neuter about this time last year, he has gained weight and I don't want him getting to the point that he waddles when he walks. Have been trying to cut down on his foods some, but the real culprit to him gaining weight is snacks and his treats.

Elsie, have your feet got warm yet. Sure am hoping that each day will be better than the one before, and before long, it will all be back to normal. Hope the weather liars are wrong about the noreaster that is predicted.

Hoping that I wake early in the morning, so that I can get started on my grocery/errand day early. Tomorrow is senior day, and it is usually swamped and I want to get there early so I can get out of that nuthouse and home before noon.

Hope that you all got out and voted. The turnout in my precinct was higher than usual, and it seems that trend carried over statewide too. Don't know national results, and with the interrupted voting in the areas hit by Sandy, it may be several days before a result is know.

One of DH's "little turnips"!.

Thumbnail by defoecat
Lyndonville, NY

Oh BonnieB, such wonderful news. Know you will sleep a bit better knowing that is all clear!!

I voted and took DD with me for her first time. She actually asked me to go, and I was proud of her for that. Got to say....she has matured (KNOCK WOOD) a bit and we have had some good conversations. She knows where I stand....and what I will not stand for.

Bonnie, I thought the same thing...might be several days before we have a true "final vote" with all the issues and delays.

I hope everyone gets a good nights rest....I am cold. Took a hot bath, had a bowl of special K.....and still cold.

Sweet dreams,
Debbie

Lyndonville, NY

Wow, that is HUGE! have some healthy soil there.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

BonnieB, that is some turnip - what does he feed them?

I am headed for bed. If I can get it back from Chloe. I have so much stuff to do and I'm still so tired. My SIL told me the stores are swamped. I guess just like me people are getting power back and have to replenish at the store.

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi everyone. I am going down for the third time. I am so overloaded, overworked, and overwhelmed that today I called in professional help in the form of a member of a national organization of Senior Movers. once I identify the items that will be going to the assisted living, which I did today. she will supervise the rest - from packing to shipping, to delivery and unpacking on the other end and even putting things away if I need that service. They can even arrange for estate sales or other ways of disposing of the contents of the home, cleaning and making home repairs and putting the house up for sale. Having her here to supervise the packing frees me up to go to FL to furnish the apartment so it will be ready when the personal items arrive. Then Monique can arrive with mom and the 2 cats 3 or 4 days later, which should be sometime in early December. The first move date the movers have is 11/28.

I cannot tell you what a weight this has lifted from my shoulders. I feel like I can breathe again.

Haven't had much time during the day to be online and I get no signals at DM's house anytime. There is a radiant barrier in the attic to keep the house cool - basically a sheet of aluminium - that blocks all air signals, incuding cell phones. I am in the garage right now,

Need sleep. Goodnight.

Bonnie

ecember

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Loretta I tried to call you from mom's tonight, but each attempt failed. So happy to hear your power is back on.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

BonnieB that is good news.

Bonnie hoping everything goes smoothy for now own

Loretta Glad to hear from you and hoping everything soon returns to normal-what every normal is??

Debbie I had a time with the voting today, redraw the districts and for some strange reason the put some very strange curves in our. We have be voting at a church that is only 3 blocks east of from our house. There is another voting place at another church west of us only 5 block away .
BUT our new voting place is another church almost a mile away, that is not wheelchair friendly!!!!
AND another problems was they are in churches so I had to bite my tounge and not say what I wanted to.
So I drank some Italian Lemon wine.

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

somewhere, PA

Yeah. Such good news here.

Loretta had power ,BonnieB got a thumbs up fro CT scan ( and you are still an ex smoker and staying ex?)
Bonnie has help! Vicki has a new do

Sandy found her voting place, Debbie is proud of DD and Izzy is officially perfect weight

That is one big turnip!

Election results are in. It's weird hearing the results so early. Was really expecting a long fight

Good night
Tam

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone! I just heard the voting results and I hope this is good for all of us.

Elsie, good to see you posting, girlfriend! I'm so happy that you have the power back,, but my prayers are still going on for all the people in NY and NJ. When I saw those lines for gas I remembered Ceausescu and the times when we had such lines for gas. We also had the pair and impair thing for driving the cars on weekend. Lucky we didn't have a car back then!LOL I hope things get back to normal soon.

BonnieB, what a relief! I'm so happy for you!

Bonnie, good to hear that you have help for moving your DM so you can have some relief and time for yourself!Hugs!

Have to go to work. Talk to you later.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Good Morning, it's so nice to be home and warm with a good cup of coffee. I am waiting to find out if we work today. Even though I had a very good night's sleep I feel like I could go back for a couple more hours.

Bonnie, I'm glad you have help with your monumental tasks. For some reason my phone is saying the line is busy when it's not. I hope it's still the towers

Tammy, how is CA going? I didn't think the voting would be decided so early either. Especially with voting not going well in places like NJ.

Not looking forward to snow and/or sleep tonight. I guess I will shovel and rake leaves at the same time. hehe

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Good morning everyone

Happy that I will not be having the phone ring so much for at least 4 years.

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

Lyndonville, NY

Good morning,

Elsie, it is so good seeing you are back and OK....we were all worried sick! Doesn't that coffee smell wonderful! LOL

Tam I was shocked it was so early also, the poles had just been closed minutes out west coast and BAM....Ohio poles results came in and
clinched it....and rest didn't matter. I personally think it should all be changed and be "vote for vote" not this electoral business.

Vicki, you cut your hair yourself? Brave woman! I am thinking french toast this morning with sourdough bread, but not sure yet.

Bonnie, that group to help you sounds just wonderful. So happy you found them to help. You have your hands, head and heart full....take care of YOU too.

BonnieB, go slow in the attic...do not over do!

Good morning Adina, you are so busy! Bet you are glad the garden is done and you can stay inside where warm! How is Nicholas?

Well....someone just tossed their breakfast.....be back

Debbie

Good morning, it is raining here this morning. Figures, this is grocery/errand day. Nevertheless, I will be heading out in about 30 minutes to get it done.

Bonnie, so glad to hear from you, and doubly glad that you are having help with the move and the settling in process. Hope your DM is okay with this, and you won't have to deal with her over it.

Debbie, oops, I would have to wait a bit to deal with upchucking.

Elsie, hope the coffee and the warmth become familiar for you. Oh, you meen sleet? I don't know how you would shovel sleep! Teehee. Naughty fingers.

Tam, you sound chipper, it surely has to be the warmer weather.

Elsie, DH doesn't feed them anything, just sows the seed and waters them if it is dry. Monsters aren't they? He insisted that I cook one that big, and I thought it would be hot, etc, but not. I don't eat them, just cook them for him.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! We switched the channel last night and were surprised to see the results already. We think it should also be the popular vote. Oh well it is what it is. Just glad it is done!

Elsie just be careful do what you can. I bet if you go to work it will be a mad house.

Bonnie good to hear from you also. Glad you got help and hope Mom handles everything okay.

bonnieB cloudy here but seems warm out. Not suppose to rain but we will see. Seems nice enough I can finish my few outside chores. Have fun doing your errands.

The boss just called and she made it sound like a political call to elect Arron Rogers! I was trying to think of a smart answer and my brain was all used up yesterday with replies.

Better get going so I stay on schedule.

Will try to pop in later.

somewhere, PA

Good morning

We sat outside for dinner last night. No coat or sweater required. But Ca is gonna get "cold" tomorrow. A high in the upper 50s. Hahaha. But I get to go home to the same sleep as Loretta hehehe

Great day everyone
Tam

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

BonnieB, oops - haven't typed in over a week. I don't think I've had turnips - or maybe I have and I don't like them.

Tammy, that weather sounds so nice. You are just too funny!

I'm watching the news and I'm getting afraid about this storm. I'm not so sure the trees will stay up with more high winds. My house is surrounded with pines on three sides. I think I should have gotten groceries and gas yesterday. I think I may go out and replenish. Can't get gas until tomorrow.

We have co-workers who were told they might have power by thanksgiving.

Lyndonville, NY

Tam, you are getting cold tomorrow....and by the weekend it is supposed to be 60 or above here. I can't wait!!! LOL

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I heard our weekend was suppose to be 60 also! Whoopie! I get to work! LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Vicki -- just checked our weather... 61-62 for the weekend, then 38 for Monday.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Of course my day off! LOL

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

I'm back! Just talked on the phone with Andreea and Nicholas. He wanted to watch cartoons and his Mom said No then he started to yell and cry and she jsut let him do that. Lucky I was on the phone and distrtacted him. I asked him on the phone and talked to him which made him stop thinking about cartoons!LOL They came at the office on Sunday when I worked and I printed some coloring drawings for him from the internet. He loves excavators, buldozers and cement trucks!LOL So now I told him I would print him some more of those drawings and he will come to get them with his Mommy. It worked and he forgot about what he wanted before!LOL

Debbie, besides what I told above, I have a possible good news about Cici getting softer about Nicholas coming to our place on week-ends. Andreea asked again if her Dad reconsidered us staying with Nicholas on week-ends and I told Cici who said it might be, but not now because I still have lots of work to do in the garden...which is true! Keep your fingers crossed!
I loved Izzy's ribbons , but got me worried about her legs. Is she better? Guess who 's picture is on the November calendar I have at work? Izzy , as a puppy, when she was behind the kitchen door!LOL I just love that picture!

BonnieB, I forgot to comment about the giant turnip...wow! Your DH was a hero last summer having to wtaer so much and getting such good harvest! You must have a good land too!

Sandy, I had to read that twice to understand why you weren't getting so many calls for the next 4 years...hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Melva, I hope you can get rid of those nasty chiggers. Are the bites still itchy? Sending hugs!

This day went so fast, I couldn't do anything at home and so little at the office. A few more hours and it's over.
But I have something to be happy about, a new article which appeared today. Here's the link if anyone wants to read it :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3971/

Elsie, don't tell me there's another storm coming towards you! I hope it's a small one, just a strong wind and nothing else. Try and stay well and get what you need before it comes.

Vicki, congrats for the haircut! You're good!

Tam, what a nice dinner on the terrace in CA! What a dream for many of us! Enjoy while you're there!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks Adina, for asking about the chigger bites....they still itch..I have been putting benadryl cream on them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.