Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS - Valentine Exchange

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I love milk chocolate and caramels and just about anything sweet. That is my weakness. I just don't do nuts.

I keep adding to mine too. I maybe better off doing a flatrate if I don't stop. heheh

Again, I just want to thank you all for all your kindness and consideration regarding my dearest friend and her decision to stop all treatments including Chemo. You all get Big hugs from me.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Back in about 1989 I wrote a paper on the need to research and decide for OURSELF what our medical treatment should be, including the right to stop treatment. I had to really test my belief in that when my own mother choose a path that would lead her to an earlier death.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I have noticed in the last few days however, that she seems to be like a weight was lifted off her shoulders. I think that she is going to be okay for awhile. Thanks

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Jan, I have always said, that I don't think I would submit myself to the treatments of chemo, and or radiation. I know it does wonders for a lot of people, and Bless them for going through it. But I think I would just like to live what ever time I had left with family, and friends and be happy.

My mom had breast cancer twice, 20 years apart. That is not what killed her, diabetes indirectly ended her life. Complications from poor circulation. A lot would depend on my age, the type of cancer and LOTS of other factors. I just know I WILL BE THE ONE making the decision regarding my life and treatment, NOT my doctor. There came a time when we prayed for QUALITY of life, not quantity for my Mom. It was absolutely heart wrenching for my Dad.

Sorry... . On to cheerier subjects. I'm getting more done on the valentine (s) today. Anybody else agonize over silly details? At least I know "No nuts!" LOL THATís a good thing to know or she might have gotten some of my Mom HOT spiced almonds, oh my!!! YUMMY but not for the faint of heart!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Now. Doc that is a recipe I would like to see!!! sounds very interesting...and I love almonds.

I have birds...Dog and cat both passed on last year.

every ones furries are wonderful, I miss my mutt all the time......LindaK, how is Luna doing ? still gaining weight, and getting healthier? she looks it !

Luna is doing much better, still on heart worm pills, and will be forever. Not going to take any chances of her getting it again!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Post office is closed today. Well, that totally jammed me up on one trade but there is always tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, your only a day away. LOL
Love that saying, Well there is always tomorrow but I don't live by it.

Yep, today is MLK day!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Yum, Caramel with or without nuts... both sound good to me :)
Aw, my guide dog sends many tail wags to all of your dogs :) He's a 70-lb yellow lab.
Have a great day, everyone!
Michelle

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

We use to have 6 dogs 2 cats 2 birds course the fish in the water garden. Before our little city got a pound we were the first turn around outside the city and everyone use to dump their dogs there. But we have really decreased in size.

I will have to get pics of the rest of our crew, but here is a pic of Slick the basset, he has the longest ears....rofl.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Ok, now I have to add my small crew. Five cats, Rosie, Zena, Trip, Chippy and Ralph. All the photos are on another computer so I can't show you the little darlings. I have had much loved dogs, horses, a milk cow and assorted calves, rabbits, chickens, pigs, and when I was little, guinea pigs, and I nearly forgot, a hamster. But I have always had a cat. At one time through a set of weird happenings, I had 19 cats and kittens........ They just seem to find me! What can I say?! And, always, when they are old enough they are spayed or neutered. Little Ralph is sceduled for the 1st of Feb. I do miss having a dog. but my place is not fenced (4 1/2 acres) and I can't bear to chain a dog. Maybe I should consider a small dog.

Saginaw, MI

So who are the "lucky" ones that have their valentine exchange gift done and ready to go???? Or even sent out already??? NOT me!! Need to get finished !! That deadline date is coming quicker than I like!!! Will be interesting to see the posts once the boxes start arriving!!!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

I am almost done !!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I sort of have mine finished but I keep adding to it. heheh. I could send it now but I'm not ready yet.

Mine went out yesterday!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Taters55, you are just to fast for me. How do you get it all done so fast. Do you have a couple of clones working with you??

I wish! I just have a list of things to do, and put the priority items at the top, cross it off when done!

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Much more organized than I am..

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Been following along here and think I better get a pad of paper and a pencil!!!! Can't wait to see what you all have done for each other...

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

OMG, Taters, you have a list. I hate lists. My EX husband used to leave me lists of what he expected to be done each day by me and my daughters. To this day I hate lists and I subconsciously forget to take them with me when I go to the market.
That is one reason he is an EX. I put him at the top of the list and ran a line through it and that meant DONE !!!
heheheh

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

The older I get the more I depend on these lists. I do NOT have a good memory at all anymore.....

If I don't have a list with me at the store, that just means another trip back, as I will forget half of what I needed!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Finished mine, too. Now to find a box to ship it in.

Saginaw, MI

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ME!! My valentines box arrived today--was going to wait till Valentines Day to open it but couldn't wait that long!!! So let the list of goodies begin!!!!

A book on annuals and bulbs
2 fine gardening magazines
Some homemade Quince paste (and the receipe to make it)(says to eat with crackers & cheese)
A jar of homemade Quince jelly
A jar of homemade Pineapple jam
A container of mints--homemade????
A heart shaped tin with homemade fudge(2 kinds)
A paper chain garland made out of heart shapes
5 homemade magnets (flowers)

Have never had quince anything before so this was a new thing for us. But I like it!
Now I have something new to read before I go to bed tonight!!
The fudge is absolutely DELICIOUS!!! (Have to share with the boys of course!)And the tin that it is in is beautiful!!
The heart shaped garland is made from flower catalogs so the hearts are covered with flowers!! Love it!!
Absolutely love the little flower magnets!! What a cool idea!! (Gives me an idea for my sister that loves magnets--going to do some with pics of her dog on them for her!!)

What a GREAT valentines box to receive!! Love everything!!

And, strange how things work out---the person that sent me my valentines box is the person that I sent my secret santa(another exchange) box to!!

THANK YOU to Crystal!!

Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5
Saginaw, MI

o.k. part # 2 of the above message-- couldn't load all the pics so here are the rest of my goodies!!!!

THANKS CRYSTAL!!!!

Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Happy you like Shirley! The candy is fudge and pralines. And mints are homemade. It was fun making them. I had to fight my husband off the pralines.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Holy Toledo Crystal, You are one awesome Valentine. How lucky for you Shirley. You definitely made out like a Valentine bandit. eheheh. How super sweet of you Crystal.

Love all those pressies! nice job Crystal?

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Wow, you got quite a box, Shirley! Those candies, fudge, and the delly and jam sound especially tasty! I've never had homemade mints. Bet they'd be good :)
Crystal, what a creative idea to make a paper chain from hearts cut from flower magazines!
Michelle

WOW Crystal, you certainly set the bar high!! hehehe

Hummmm. What a very, very, nice box of love!!!!

Great job Crystal!!

Saginaw, MI

Just came inside and wow is it cold out there--16 degrees,light snow , and a little wind but not much--salt trucks out on main roads. Trying to warm up with a hot cup of tea and some toast with some pineapple jam--from my valentines box--on it! Very yummy!! Thanks again Crystal.

Saginaw, MI

Hello everyone!! How are we all doing on getting our Valentines done??? I am not finished yet but steadily working on it!!
Probably should have waited till closer to Valentines Day to open my wonderful box from Crystal--pralines and fudge is all but gone--our boys absolutely loved it!! Have been switching back and forth between the pineapple jam and the quince jelly on my toast in the morning with a cup of hot tea--quite tasty!! Our youngest son put my little magnets on the front door where everyone going out can see them and we have gotten several nice comments on them!! Found some very informative information on peonies in one of the magazines(haven't had time to look at the other mag or book yet)!

Warmer out today--some snow last night which turned to rain(light drizzle right now). Got to turn the heat DOWN some today!! Consumers Energy is going to be rich off us this past month--REALLY SCARY to even think about that bill that is coming!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5

Linda, I got my box today on my lunch... oh my!! the stuff kept getting unpacked!! I'll post a picture with commentary when I get off work! THANK you so much, very nice and can't wait to post a PICTURE of it ALL!! LOL

I did a ton of work on mine yesterday. Hopefully will finish tonight. Then get it out for delivery later this week. I am down at my old house working right now. Lots to do. Tons of plants to dig up. Sigh........

This message was edited Jan 28, 2013 3:59 PM

Well I also have been working on my box, and I have a question, the way I read the swap is that our 'main' valentine has to be handmade, but not everything has to be handmade....correct? We can buy somethings?

it is going to hit almost 70 here today, it is just nuts, no other word for it and then single digits by Friday of course. Wack oh. I sat out at lunch without a coat eating lunch at a sidewalk cafe.....it felt so good. Should be my day to leave on time, but I am here by myself so that isn't going to happen. Really makes me sad...... Did anyone hit those 30 below zero temps? Can't imagine what kind of problems those would cause us. I would have a garage full of chickens and ducks...rofl along with a propane bill to choke the national debt!

Can't believe Jan is almost over.....time is flying.

I hope that is correct, because I included some bought items!

Ok we can be partners in crime if it isn't correct...rofl.

You're right, some purchased is OK. Or at least that was MY understanding as well. (I can't wait to take pictures so I can use my stuff at the office!!) the pen & pad is adorable! and my co-workers have been helping me eat chocolate!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.