Money Matters - Part 15

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Everyone wish me luck. I am going to the Interview to become a Dental Assistant tomorrow at 10:00 am. It will be a big decision. Flower Fluffer or Dental Assistant?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Praying for a great interview tomorrow, dear.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Good luck! You will know which is better for you.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

good luck!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

good luck!!!!!!!!

Federal return is approved, deposit on march 4...

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Very interested in my work history. "IF" I get the job I will have to go to Tufts University to get Certified for X-rays and Cone-Beam Computed Tomography. Not hard, 2 day course & 225 bucks. Been there done it so Easy.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

good luck Sherrie!

Have to wait to finish our business taxes first then can do personal

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Wondering how Sherrie is doing on the interview.

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Look above Yankee

Thumbnail by schickenlady
Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

OK.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

every year at this time the state publishes a list of unclaimed cash in the paper - today my name was listed!

on further inspection there are quite a few people with my name and a bunch of them have unclaimed cash - not me though :)

I usually scan those lists but never get "lucky". I picture you looking at the paper and saying "wha..." LOL!

Maybe an unclaimed JM, Bill??

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hahaha, that was a good one, Sallyg!!

Another bad omen. Reportedly, the billionaires have been dumping stocks.

uuuuugggggnnnngggghhh
What are they buying??? Empty mattresses?
Mark was reading me something about the number of US citizens who have given up their citizenship, higher recently (last few years VS before). In the hundreds, or thousand ish, not like millions but still..., the tax code did it.

Yes, I read that. Still not that many. You see it better in high tax states. People leave in droves. CA, IL, NY...

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Seriously considering buying my own island!

When Warren Buffet is selling off USA stocks you better follow suit

He is.

WH employs three full-time calligraphers, with their salaries alone totaling $277K. Incredible.

Crap like that.....Where is the leadership, when Congress gets a raise in the midst of all this? It's peanuts, but would mean something if the peanuts were at least thrown to the crowd instead of being eaten in the middle of the arena. And like the calligraphers, there are really a lot of peanuts, if thy would look for them.
I think we all know who in this feels they are "entitled" to government largesse...

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

No day is complete without a lesson from our fabulous government full of really smart people.
I'M BITING THE BULLET TOO!!!
The President has been tasked with ordering government departments to cut roughly $100,000,000 ($100 million) from the $3,500,000,000,000 ($3.5 trillion) federal budget. This is the result of what you're hearing about: the sequester.
I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal budget. I spend about $2,000 a month on groceries, household expenses, medicine, and utilities, but it's time to get out the old budget cutting axe, go through my expenses with a fine tooth comb, and slash like our government.
I'm going to cut my spending by exactly the same ratio, 1/35,000 of my total budget. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $2,000 a month I'm going to have to slash that number by six cents.
Yes sir, from now on I'm going to have to get by on only $1999.94, but that's what sacrifice is all about! I'll just have to do without some things that are crucial -- all six cents worth. Thank heaven I can phase in this huge cut between now and 2014!
Question: Did Chicken Little actually think people wouldn't do the math?
That's the bet.

wha, you're fantastic!!! Great post. I will join you. I just had one less raisin in my oatmeal. (stomach grumbling...mild sweat breaking out...errggh)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is great, Bill...love to see the #'s in real life comparison

did you hear the latest? to cut some $ they are cancelling WH tours, whoa boy, that will take a big chunk out of the spending, NOT!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

WH is supposed to be our house, tours should continue

I have seen that in emails about the analogy. It's old, though. Current sequester amount is 41 billion for this year out of 3.6 trillion.

Top of my head
41 bil over 3.6 trill = 41/3600.
or $20.5 / $1800

Is the scale right?

Yes. A little over 1%. An absolute joke. Again, they 'created' (because they did not offset it) over 70 billion just weeks ago for Sandy aid. So it's really not even a cut at all.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

and I heard that the $ that we received for Sandy relief was borrowed from China

A good % of any borrowed money is.

Here is a dose of reality:

"Fitch Ratings says even after the sequester, America still needs another $1.6 trillion in deficit reduction to be on a sustainable path and another $3 trillion to put the nationís debt-to-GDP ratio on a downward trajectory."

WH tour director salary went from 70K to 100K in the past four years, yet they shut down the tours in a tantrum.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Business taxes done

So not only were we paying 10% more in payroll taxes last year than the previous year, we didn't have a good year because of the lousy summer , I owed $ to the state and this year we have to prepay a tax....what the heck!!!!

Really? Payroll tax reduction was still in effect last year. This year it's back to normal.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's the state of NJ for ya

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

Private mony is going into the WH for an Agenda

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

it's funny, but then again not too funny
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=442376592507280&set=vb.100002048290682&type=2&theater

Great video- sort of..! Better if it had been all fiction

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.