Money Matters - Part 15

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

That is an amazing amount of money!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I just tried to buy a Walmart gift card online- my credit card got denied, then CITI texted my cell phone to confirm the charge. Second time an online charge has been confirmed before going through. I like it!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

15 count of gallon size storage bags 2 for $5, 1box of 30 count gallon size storage bags $2.79

Uhhhhh......hmmmmm, which should I buy?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I know, I know!!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL

Yeah..

. but
seriously you should have an Aldi store. Pretty sure i paid 1 59 for 30

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I'm going to have to try Aldi.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Aldi too far away, I'd spend more in gas $

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My friend's company is hiring CPAs

"My company is hiring in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Bethesda (MD), Boston, Chicago, Glastonbury (CT), Long Island, New York, Roseland (NJ), Sacramento, Tysons Corner (VA), and White Plains (NY). Mostly audit/tax positions. Looking for CPAs with Big 4 or large local or regional accounting firm experience. "

let me know if have an interest

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Shopping for a car...What fun! NOT
I do like the test drives though
Trying to decide between sport and luxury

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DS just lost his job. got a phone call yesterday to inform him the resturant he was working at closed. no notice, he worked there the night before.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Wow!! No indications there were problems?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

none.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hoping he finds something quickly.

Sorry to hear that jumper2

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Sorry for what happened to DS and to all the employees. Hope he finds another job soon.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I hope so too. He has put in an application to my work place as a start.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

hope he finds another job

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I am surprised that car dealers are shocked when we ask them to find us a car with an engine and transmission that is made either in the US or Canada
Unreal....Mustang with stick....engine made in China!!!! REALLY! Does a person come with the car so he can run behind you and pick up the parts that fall off as you drive down the road?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

even if it is assembled here most of the parts are made in mexico, china, or malaysia

THe community college sent an email reminding all staff of all the support programs that may be needed by the many families of students around this area (near DC) who may be affected by the shut down. Like food bank....
GIVE me a break. Most of these people make good money and enjoy great job security. THey can't survive a short term interruption?? JOIN THE REAL WORLD.
How about those service workers who normally feed and otherwise serve, and get tips from, all those federal workers who are staying home and cleaning out the fridge and getting caught up on housework.

Furloughs, salary freezes, hiring freezes, jobs cut in the middle of the night...thats what real people have been dealing with for several years.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

On the car subject, seems easier to buy a Japanese brand to get it made in America. Are Ford engines made overseas too?

People in the community have been very riled up in general lately. For some, I expect to be hearing very sad stories about their hardships related to the federal budget shutdown. I am worried for the disabled and their families mostly, and those with questionable judgement will show up in Court.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My friend's a social worker and her childrens' program was shut down but they said it's probably permanent.

Ford is hit or miss....Mustang with manual transmission engine is made in China, but automatic isn't the Ford Fiesta engine and transmission are Mexican and Brazilian
We took out a Ford Focus ST....what a zippy car! Engine made in Spain and tranny from Germany(very happy about that!!!, wish the engine was made in Germany!!!!)

We definitely want the important parts made by people that have been doing it for years and know what they are doing

Said there were disgruntled employees in Canada(can't remember what type of problems at the plant there, will look it up and get back) doing the new Camaro, so won't be even considering them

This message was edited Oct 4, 2013 10:43 AM

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DS has an interview with my workplace on Mon. hope all goes well.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Praying it goes well!!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

it's actually on Tues. I thought he said mon. thanks for the prayers!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Fingers crossed for DS.

Oh where is that reliable car when we need one? I do have to say I have been very happy with my 2012 Honda CRV. Our kids will be needing reliable and inexpensive cars soon. Our fleet of old cars is wearing out and now DD1 finally got her license just before going back to college. I so wanted to win the new Mercedes (base car is $30,000) that public radio was offering as a fundraising prize. Seemed the odds were better than winning a lottery. DD2 who is car crazy is thinking about a Ford Focus. We do not believe the battery powered cars are a good investment if the car will get a lot of miles, especially.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

new
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1337246/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.