My big black beauty

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

Hello all,

This is my girl, Genie, all 19.1hh of her. ;) Great to meet all the other horse loving peeps and getting to look through pictures of your horses. I thought I'd include a couple of mine so that you could see her as well. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

P.S. The second and third shot is of one of my friends riding her. It's one of the few that I have of her near another horse. The fourth one is right after she had her baby in 2010.

Thumbnail by WelcomeGnome Thumbnail by WelcomeGnome Thumbnail by WelcomeGnome Thumbnail by WelcomeGnome
Richmond, TX

Welcome to the forum WelcomeGnome! Your Genie surely is a beauty! Is she a Percheron? She really dwarfs you friend. And what breed(s) is her foal?

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

She is indeed. Fanny (Fantasia) was also full Percheron.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

She doesn't look that tall til you look at how short the fence is in the background. lol. She's a beauty!!!

Richmond, TX

- And how short the girl petting her nose seems to be.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

Heheh, thanks guys. Yeah, she's my big gentle giant. I am attaching one more picture of me near her... I'm 5'11".

Thumbnail by WelcomeGnome
Bloomingdale, NJ(Zone 6a)

She's beautiful

Definitely gorgeous!!!

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Very beautiful! I'm almost 5'11" too so I can appreciate a large horse ;)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Her head is the prettiest I have seen on a draft. I love percherons. We had a mare that was a cross with a twh. She had a wonderful personality. I wish she had picked up the easy gaits.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

Thanks Cajun! I originally wanted a Clydesdale or even a Frisian (if I could afford one) when I first went looking. I didn't think I'd choose a Perch as I honestly didn't care for their typical conformation. However, she really is an exception to the rule of that breed. I love her legginess and even though she's big she isn't stocky.

Richmond, TX

I agree that she is an exceptionally good looking Percheron.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Hi WelcomeGnome,

What a Beautiful Horse.
That very first picture is a beauty.

kell.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I think a perfect horse would be an easy gaited freisian.

I agree with you there Cajun!! That's my dream breed!

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Gorgeous mare!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I would love to see some new pics of this mare and her foal.

Dahlonega, GA

How do you ever mount her ?

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

I don't have the foal (Fantasia). Genie was supposed to come with her but it was just too much for me to take on so I worked it out and they kept the foal. She was a beauty though. If I get a chance I'll take some more pictures of her.

Digger, I use a mounting block, lol.

Dahlonega, GA

She is a beauty . My son has a thoroughbred . Didn't make it on the racing circuit and he bought him cheap . They look alike to me . Only 17 h h.He's 6'2" and he can't step that high either . Ha .

Richmond, TX

One of our TBs off the track is 16.3hh. I was pulling all of his mane out mounting from the ground so I now use a mounting block too most of the time, however I feel you shouldn't have a horse that you can't get on from the ground. Suppose you have to get off for some reason or fall off when there's nothing to use to climb back on?

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

I've already fallen off of her. I just make the stirrup longer on one side, climb up, and readjust it from the seat. :)

Richmond, TX

I did that on a friend's huge horse and when I got to the standing position in that long left stirrup, I couldn't reach my right leg over his back!

South Hamilton, MA

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

PP, that is what used to happen to me when I would get on DH's horse with his saddle. LOL I am 5'4" and he is 6'2".

Schroon Lake, NY(Zone 4a)

Gnome that is a stunning horse! I am 5'9" and my horse is 16hh (well the biggest of the 5 I have)

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Gnome, are you still here?

I just checked her page. She doesn't subscribe anymore and I haven't seen any recent threads started by her.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Pep. Sad when people go away. This forum used to be busy.

The whole site used to bustle. Now it's more like a small town instead of a big city as far as being busy goes.

South Hamilton, MA

I would guess that people got tired of paying $20. when there are free sites around. My iris site has shrunk as well, especially now that people have facebook.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

And Facebook is so easy to navigate. But I really enjoy the forum format of DG and Cubits.

Dahlonega, GA

I don't want to sound Rich , I'm far from that , but $20 is cheap for a years entertainment and information from those you trust .

South Hamilton, MA

Depends on your budget. ok with me. I also talk to Cajun on cubits. Different name for me.

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

A magazine subscription is about $20.00.
And you get so much more here!
The advice I have received here has been priceless. Real people who know the ropes.
And thanks to all who have helped me.

Dahlonega, GA

Exactly . And a meal out at McDonalds for two adults and two kids will run more than 20.00 bucks . When it's gone , it's gone . Just saying

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images