Morning Glories Winter 2012-2013 #3

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Linda, I've got most of them loaded onto a flash drive.
I went to Wal-Mart checking out all the new desktops. DH says a lap top couldn't hold
up to all the wear and tear I put on one. ;-)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Good News!!!!!!!!

Sister's cancer has not spread, the lymph nodes in chest area have shrunk, the pain she feels from the "fall" is the bone cancer, no breaks or fractures,
no more lesions on her liver and the two that are there have not grown, no fluid build up, the lesions on her lungs have shrunk, and her liver and kidneys are as healthy as most peoples. He gave her a break from the chemo, and she is going to radiate the area that the cancer has attacked her bones in the lower lumbar hip pelvic area, so that will reduce her pain, he gave her a mucsle relaxer, ( for the inflamation of the muscles in her lower back area)and she is very happy. While we are glad this is the findings, she is afraid if she stops the chemo it will be worse , so she continues the chemo after the radiation treatments.
Branson , Mo resort for two days and nights from a co worker for us starting tommorrow, and they took up a collection and gave us 200.00 for spending money. neither of us have been to branson since MOm died in 2000.
Jackie I have been looking at the computors she has stashed around here, and most of them are just OLD. LOL

She has a lot of items she wants me to sell, and when I looked up one item it shows it sold in a bottle auction for 36k. I told her we should go to that auction place and have them auction it off. it is a pink glass bitters bottle. Crazy.

She wants me to sell her "cat" collecton. she has several cool cat statues. Some of the stuff she wants me to sell are plants, too. I will be getting stuff on the store site prolly next weekend for her.
Glad I have all of you for support, I really do not want to think about what it could have been today. Thank God for you all being in my life. Her co workers are amazing. I would never see the support at my workplace like she has at hers.

Thumbnail by joeswife
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Debra, that is awesome news! I can see you both smiling from here! Enjoy your visit to Branson! make sure you post the link when you get things listed.

The most wonderful news Debra. The result of all the prayers that went out for your sis. .
She looks like a really sweet lady and sounds like her co-workers agree
Yes please post a link when you get her items up online, we want to see. :-)

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Debra that is the best news ever!! Two beautiful ladies...enjoy your special time together and both of you RELAX!!!!

Gautier, MS

Debra, I'm happy too for the good news and thank God he answers prayers. Enjoy your stay at the Branson.

Saginaw, MI

GREAT news for your family Debra!!! Banish all thoughts of worry and enjoy the moment and just plain have fun with your sister!!! Make great memories you will cherish forever!!!

Gautier, MS

These 2 vines with blooms today. My newest batch of seedlings, why I like nick, soak and baggie method of germinating seeds. I can see how healthy the roots are or not. More seedlings waiting to be repotted.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Saginaw, MI

Very pretty bloom!! Do you start all your morning glory seeds this way???? Do you ever just directly start them outside??? I had grandpa ott seeds last year and was told to just start them directly outside. Did that and got several blooms but very late.

The most gorgeous color on that bloom Helena. Your sprouted mg;'s look great. I've never tried
the baggie method for fear
I'll mess up. Your baby seedlings look nice and healthy.

Choc Silk or cross in 2011

Edited to say this could be Pink Porcelain, no way of knowing for sure now.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2013 12:09 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Shirley and Jackie. Yes, I do just sow some purpureas directly into the soil. I have heard that "Rebecca" blooms the earliest of the ip. purpureas.

Pretty pink color on that Pink Porcelain bloom Jackie.

Thanks Helena.
My Rebecca was the 1st of my Purpureas to bloom last yr, 2 or 3 weeks before the higes

evening all, beautiful bloom Helena, and lovely pink, Jackie, I love them all.

Here is a photo of all the cards sister got on her card shower we requested, she brought them with us so we can look at them again...
here is where we are in Branson
sister posing in front of the Bob Evans
we got a funny ld fashioned picture together
we got some wine glasses with sisters forever etched on them at the winery tour place..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

before I left for AR, I took these photos of the blooms I had...

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, looks like she has a good card shower? SO glad to see so many helped and supported it! Love the old timey picture. Looks like your having fun!

Thanks Debra. Hope you two girls have a wonderful time.
Very pretty blooms.

Gautier, MS

I'll 2nd and 3rd that. Glad you had a good time in Branson with your sister Debra.

Beautiful blooms Debra.

Saginaw, MI

Looks like you two really enjoyed your "sister" time together!! That's great Debra!!

Helena, have never tried before, but maybe I will try your method with a few of the seeds I have to see what happens!! Problem is, with the seeds I have that are named , I only have 2 or 3 of it and don't know which way I would have the best results!! Really want them all to succeed as last year was my first year with the morning glories (just grandpa ott) and really loved them! Guess it's time for the trial and error fun to start!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Glad your having a good time Debra! Love the blooms too, what is the orange one? Very pretty.

I like the baggie method too Helena, lets you see what germinates. Yours look great!

Pretty pink bloom Jackie.

Thanks Ronnie, I used to have the orange flowered vine that Deb sent pics of. I remember that it
had Cape as part of the name. I just couldn't remember the true
Botanical name so I looked it up by Cape. It came up under Cape Honeysuckle, Tecomaria capensis.
i think its been reclassified as Tecoma like the lovely yellow blooming vine Tecoma stans.
Mine got huge and I got tired of giving it bigger pots every yr so I finally lost it. :-(

Afternoon ya all, yes it is cape honeysuckle from a DG'r, funny it never blooms outside, but it blooms inside all the time.

well we got home and we have been taking pics of all the ebay stuff, still have a lot to go..

here is the ebay store, please tell your friends to stop on by and take a look see.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261167815323?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Debra, you have some very unique items. Where did you find the antiques? I will be watching your auctions.

Home again Home again jiggity jog, back from the market to buy a fat hog....

Our Great Aunt Effie had a lot in her old curio that sister and I inhereited. Came home to a few blooms, one of the purple i purps has a white block.

Joe did a great Job babysitting the Gardens. He also made lunch and another pie. Yum!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Debra I saved you as a favorite seller. I'll keep my eye on things I love antiques.

Beautiful blue powder box Debra.

Gautier, MS

Since putting a few pots outside had this small bloom from an older vine. Another bloom in a day or two and a shrimp plant blooming inside gh.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty little MG bloom Helena. Like the color on that bud too. I hope my shrimp sds germinate
that Debra shared with me. :-)

Blue Star of India from 2011

Thumbnail by patootie
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

I love that color Jackie!

Gautier, MS

Beautiful Jackie.

I agree, very pretty purple!

Thanks Ronnie. I always enjoy this one, so pretty and dark. I need to grow this one out
to increase my seed stash and Hatsu arashi too. Low on sds for both of these hybrids

Blue Lavender Beauty, one of my all time favorites. Becky sent me these sds as Lavender Beauty in 09 or 10
and was so surprised when mine turned out to be this lovely shade of blue. Last yr my vine made both colors on the same vine

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms on you Blue and Lav. Beauties Jackie.

Surprise bloom opened this morning, looks like it's Scarlet O'Hara. The other bud is not quite opened yet, maybe tomorrow.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh, isn't that pretty! bet that put a smile on your face?

Its a lovely bloom Helena. I thought the bud looked red yesterday. :-)
So glad you're getting blooms.
I have a surprise mg up in a pot of alocasia that I
stuck in the pot a while back.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Jackie the bud from yesterday was taking it's time to open this morning but when I checked this afternoon it was open.
Here's 2 pictures of it one flash on and one with flash off (same bloom).

Here's the same Scarlet O'Hara in the afternoon taken with flash off and flash on.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful!

Helena, love the contrast in color on both of those blooms
So looking forward to this summer to enjoy our mg blooms.
By the end of next month, the hummers will return, hard to believe
as cold as it is.

Saginaw, MI

So, so pretty! Would be wonderful to be able to have those lovely blooms all year round! At least we get to see yours while waiting with anticipation on some warm weather to start ours!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.