HWYD #377

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Come and join us a cold wintery day. Tell us about your pets and what is going on in your life!

You won't believe how many words I had to correct in the first 2 sentences! LOL Ty must of been helping me. Maybe I should take him over to the Doghouse!

Thumbnail by ves522
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I am here left you a message on other thread

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the new thread Vicki. Love that picture of Ty. I posted the link to here on the other thread.

I'm headed to the recliner. it sure has gotten cold and windy here.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the new thread Vicki! What a gorgeous picture!
I managed to finish the article and submitted it for approval and I did laundry....nothing else! I'm going to color my hair now and take a nice bath.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks Elsie!

Thanks for trying to help Sandy but it just goes over my head.

BonnieB helped me once and it was soon forgotten.

Cooking and I have to go and check it!

somewhere, PA

thank you Vicki & Loretta! Love that Ty. He should be on TV too. :-)

We got the buffet moved and the dining table reduced to its smallest size. I've got all
the difficult stuff organized, boxed and put away. Just the dishes and a few pie plates
and such left. I'll box the pie plates and put the dishes in the buffet. And then I'm
done for stage one.

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Good job Tam! That's a lot of work!

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Vicki thanks for the tip about the long string of "n"s on the previous thread. I wondered why everything on my PC was running so wide. I made the correction.

Margarita came by after Mass this. She took out some of the more special pieces of silver I kept. Photos to follow. I managed to sleep another two and a half hours this morning, but feel like I still need more. I have three trays to clean out that started out as catch-all trays. They each started on my kitchen counter to hold those little items we have no other place for and were quickly hidden away when company was arriving. That is absolutely all that is left undone in my home. Just had a call from the ALF. They heard mom calling for help and found her sitting on the floor in the hallway on her way back from lunch. She had no injuries and her vitals were normal. She said sometimes the walker doesn't go the same way she goes.

Speaking of lunch - I need some.

BBL,

Bonnie

Cross poste with you, Tam. Great start!!

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I think I am going to go for a drive, and look for some foals..not at all sure why, but I am sitting here crying...about what, I am not sure. Phil has gone up to Forestburg to shoot his weapons..he will come back around dark. It is very windy today, supposed to be 70+ degrees! I also need to plant some seeds. The basil I planted a few days ago is already up...also have some tiny Manchurian Apricots...
BLL

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

((hugs to you)) Melva. Sometimes, I am like that too and have no good reason for it. I think it is the blasted hormones, that have gone haywire.

The lasagna for lunch was oh so good. Cleaned kitchen and thought about going with DH to his family church, but have been fighting back pain since my feet hit the floor this morning. So it is reading until a nap overtakes me.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks Bonnie..think I may have to make some lasagna too...and I think you are right and hormones are to blame.
I am going out to get some lunch and go to the store...

somewhere, PA

I think I'm gonna bake a cake while I still have my oven. My healthy chocolate decadence cake.
But first I need to zip out to get those boxes.

Melva - I hope you find something to cheer you up. Maybe a nice walk - the weather sounds perfect for that!

Tam

Oh Melva, sorry for the tears. Sometimes we just have the blues, I think. I hope you find some foals to cheer you up.

BonnieB peaceful dreams during your nap. Does Mr. B. go to bed with you when you go to bed. My boys love for me to np in bed during the day. They hop right in and snooze away. Here are photos of some of the favorite pieces of silver that I kept.

The five most favorite.
#1. All 5.
#s 2 & 3 Soft Boiled Egg Cups Holder - belonged to DMIL
#s 4 & 5 Biscuit Box - wedding gift from DFIL & DMIL

Also in photo favorite silver tray becuse it can sit along the narrow side of the dining room table and favorite water pitcher by Sheridan Silversmiths.

Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly

Beautiful Bonnie, just beautiful.

Yes, Mr. B usually snuggles with me. I decided to lay on the couch, and he snuggled behind my knees, but when I got up, he is still sleeping!

More, BonnieB..............

#1. inside of Biscuit Box
#2. Tea Service
#3. Soup Tureen w/Tray
#4. Chafing Dish w/Tray - I believe the stand accidentally went to the estate sale, Will have to get it back.

A champagne bucket, covered vegetables, pie dish with glass insert, small casseroles with glass inserts, two more water pitchers, numerous trays in various sizes, a few Revere bowls. 12 goblets, and more went to the estate sale. Plus there is a small box with pieces that are too tarnished, as in black, that the sale guy will not accept. plus several pieces of badly tarnished and damaged sterling silver pieces that I plan to sell for the silver content.

Most of the silver gifts came from people invited from my DH's side of the list. Two brothers and their wives from his hometown gave us a complete service for 12 w/serving pieces and two level wooden chest, of 1847 Rogers Silver Plated flatware. His grandmother gave us 6 place settings of Poppytrail everyday china w/serving pieces. "Everyday China"???? In my home we had one set of dishes for all days.

This message was edited Feb 17, 2013 3:47 PM

Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly Thumbnail by greersfolly

OOPS................

Additional favorites: A three quart casserole with glass liner. A square Chip and Dip that has a crystal bowl. Two small trays that I like.

Thumbnail by greersfolly
somewhere, PA

They are all lovely Bonnie. I hope that you will use them now that you have them out.
When I use my grandmother's china I think of her & enjoy her company while I'm
entertaining friends or family.

I realized at about 3pm I had nothing to wear to the memorial so I hightailed it out to
shop. Ugh. I did find a very nice belted black shift dress & black jacket. I'm going to
wear an emerald necklace she gave me for letting her stayed with me a few weeks
while they were settling on their first house.

Tam

Lucky me. I came over to DM's to dry clothes and found the stand to the silver chafing dish in one of the bins of silver that was over here. My dryer appt. To install the new computer conflicted with the packing date last week so the new date is 2/23. I also found my Wolfgang Puck Racelette Grill on display over here. I distinctly remember telling whomever worked that section of cabinets with me that it was a keeper. I even explained its use. Oh well. I am happy I found it.

Tam you were lucky to find the dress and jacket, Usually when shopping for a specific thing you can rarely find it. What a nice touch to wear the emerald necklace to the service.

I posted earlier, and don't know where it went.

Bonnie, I love the silver, so many unique pieces. I am sure that you will enjoy using it as it probably has many memories attached to different pieces.

Lunch of lasagna was very good. Have enough left to freeze some for another meal.

Today has been peaceful, as I read all afternoon, and had about a 20 minute nap.

Tam I am sure that you will do well with your eulogy. I am glad you found something to wear too, as Bonnie said, if you are looking for something special, it usually is hard to find.

Lyndonville, NY

Sick as a mangy dog....hate it when DH shares.

Debbie

Up and drinking my coffee. We just had a bark fest here with 9 dogs chiming in. Ya think DH heard it? Naw he is still snoring, one who says he never sleeps!

Oh Debbie, I was afraid Paul was contagious. You poor thing. Take it easy and get lots of rest, Not much you can do but ride it out.

Bonnie

Take care Debbie, please remember however distasteful, drink plenty of liquids.

Morning everyone

Sandy and andre

Debbie hope you feel better soon

Sandy

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

So sorry your DH shared Debbie. You are about the smartest among us on dealing with this stuff
so listen to your own good advice to take care of yourself.

The plumber and the electrician came by (unannounced) to look over the job some more. At
least we were both up & dressed. I had just poured the milk on my cereal but DH was done so
could show them around.

I went through my photos this morning. I spent my life photographing the places I visited and the flowers I grew and took very little photo's of the people in my life. I have one blurry photo of Shizue when her son was around a year old. I know I've got at least 1-2 from more recent times in my digital album. So nothing to contribute to a collage. I am making a butternut squash/lentil vegan stew to bring along. I found a 14c container I can leave.

And yes - I was very lucky to find the outfit

Edited to finish - the plumber wanted to see the old photos from the reno we did in 1999.

I was getting rather depressed at what I was finding at Macy's til I went to the suit section. It was a zoo at the mall 'cause of the sales I guess. Anyway - its actually a great LBD that I am sure I will wear again. The jacket was a different maker but worked beautifully. There was another customer who helped me pick the jacket (two worked, she agreed with my choice but it was nice to have verified).

Have a nice day everyone!
Tam

This message was edited Feb 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Busy day here. Drs. appointment and lots of running.

Cold here and both of us are bored. I am trying to be good but the bike and pool are calling my name

AND I WANT MY LAPTOP BACK!!!!!!!

Sandy and Andre

Cleaning and laundry here. DH has gone to the Bass Pro Shop with a friend. We wives were not invited, wonder why? We could have at least had lunch.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

in the car heading to Key Largo.

Just bought a "Sun Pass" for the tolls down here.... 268 miles to go....

Bonnie -- what beautiful silver.

Debbie -- feel better soon. I think I'm 95% over that dang head cold. I finally feel like my head is not in a tunnel.

Sandy - hope the day warms up for you. we were 33f this morning but up to 57 now.

~~ waves to all others.

be back later today when we get settled.

Verona, ON

Well it is still in the -20's here but the sun is shining and I am hopeful the temp will rise. Last night it was -29 on the deck. Just too dang cold. That poor wood stove has been working overtime.

Nothing much going on here, sorry to hear that Paul 'shared' his illness Debbie.

Tam my sincerest condolences in the loss of your friend. It really is a reality check when someone your age and so close to you dies . I think this lovely woman has already had an influence on your eating habits and look at how well you are doing. You will do a great job at the eulogy. You are very brave - I don't know if I could do it.

Elsie, I take Celebrex and have for a long time. I also take Prevacid for my stomach and acid reflux that was caused by the Celebrex. It really works for me. I was questioning how well it was working but when I had to go off of it with my pit surgeries I really realized how much it helped me. It is very expensive now as BonnieB mentioned. When I first started to take it, a 3 mon supply was $51.50 and included the handling fee now it is triple that amount.

Loved looking at the silver Bonnie. So glad you were able to find the missing items whether you knew they were missing or not.It reminds me of all of the Mott silver I have packed away. I used to use it all the time when we lived in Toronto.... even if it was just for DH and I. When me moved to this house 11 years ago I packed it all away and haven't had it out since. You have inspired me to get it out and maybe even invite someone in for dinner so I can use it. I'll take this 1 step at a time though... I'll get the silver out first.

Enjoy your day Vicki. It is a holiday here so all the stores are closed. Woo hoo!! This is called Family Day and is a fairly recent province wide holiday.When it came into effect I was still at the store. The owner legally had to give us all the holiday so he did but took away an arbitrary province wide holiday in August.Nice guy, eh?

Sandy you must be getting better - you've got the itchies. The good itchies!!! You want to get moving and I am sure Andre wants you too.

Melva, did you get for that ride? Did you see any horses?

Diesel is barking at the front door. He is very impatient as he saw me put on my socks so that means we should be outside walking right NOW!!! I walked into the den and got waylaid by the computer. Let's just say he is not pleased.

Hope to get into Kingston tomorrow. Steve is coming after he puts his DD on the bus.I need to get to my dentist and get a copy of some xrays that my Dental Insurance company insists on seeing before they reimburse me for work done in December. I am out over $2200 for 2 different apptments from my pocket right now so would like to get that sent off.

Diesel must have heard your dogs early this morning Bonnie as he started carrying on about the same time. I looked out but didn't see anything that caught my eye. But the deer do love to wander just below the top of the hill to the east of the house where they can't be seen.

Diesel wins! I am off!
Dianne

somewhere, PA

I heard from the contractor - they are definitely coming tomorrow morning to demo part of the kitchen. I've got maybe an hour's work left to finish up preparation.

Have a few small items left to work out for the flower show but I think the last of the snafu's are resolved and its "just" the grunt work left. (I've asked a couple other folks to finish up the written materials. I just don't have it in me to squeeze that in this week as well)

Tam

DARN!!!
The tooth I was told was dead IS NOT!!

Sandy

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Oh Sandy - that is just awful.

Bonnie, your silver is just beautiful. that's great you found items to take back before the sale.

Tammy,I hope the other people can get the work done for the flower show. You sure are moving along.

Vicki, are you off today?

Terese, have a great trip!!

Debbie, I hope you and DH feel better soon.

Dianne, thanks for the meds info. I hope your insurance reimburses you.

BonnieB, did you get a nap in? I think I will need one soon.

I ventured out this morning for Walmart. It sure was cold and windy. I know someone mentioned Delsym cough syrup here. They now have cough drops - in a blister pack in a box. They work quite well.

My head is still all stuffed up and coughing.

I watched part of Rachel Ray this morning. I don't usually watch her show. She had another chef on who made a cheese, bacon and chicken dip - in the slow cooker. It's slow cooker week on her show. She also made an asparagus and pest pasta. She cooked the asparagus in the pasta water and then stopped the cooking in ice water. They she put the asparagus back in the colandar. When the pasta was done she poured it into the colander to reheat the asparagus. Loved that idea. It looked like a great dish if you like asparagus.

I just took a very bad fall in the garage walking backwards with the walker. I ran into the section that steps up with my feet and fell backwards onto the concrete slamming the back topside of my head against the wooden cabinets that are there. I did not black out or draw blood, but cannot understand why neither happened. i really hurt myself. I was able to get up after a few minutes. I have none of the text book symptoms of concussion, but I do feel very weird all over kinda spacey and fuzzy. Margarita just walked in so she will be here about three hours to keep an eye on me.

Bonnie GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!!

Sandy

somewhere, PA

Bonnie - follow your gut on this one. Can anyone stay with you overnight? Or maybe just stop in to check
on you early in the morning? Even having someone call you?

Sandy - I would think it would be good news that the tooth isn't dead. ?

Well I have the cabinets all cleared out. I roasted the last of my cauliflower and it may be the last time
I use the oven 'til summer. (They will try to brace it up so I can still use it. But I'm not counting on that).
This is not going to be easy I can tell already.

Tam

Tam the tooth was broken off at the gum, it can not be fixed and has to be cut out. There is not a opening in the dental operating department until March 22. This is not good news!!!! They are trying to find a opening but it does not look good, as spring break is coming up.

Sandy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.