Someone doesn't realize it's still February!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We finally got "seasonally appropriate" weather over the past 2 - 3 weeks, but one plant didn't get the message!
I found my Superbena blooming, one in the garden and this one in a mixed pot.
Hard to believe we're only 2 weeks from our last average frost date!
Barb

Thumbnail by Beach_Barbie
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

That's neat! This has been a whacky Winter for sure .. we're suppose to get into the upper 20's Saturday night .. After our 2 false Springs, Winter is back with a vengeance!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

It should get cold here on Sunday, down to 30. The cold temps will help give my nectarine a hope of fruiting. It had 6 leaves from last year still on it when it was budding out a couple of weeks ago.
Barb

(Zone 9a)

I have noticed the forecast is improving each day. We were supposed to drop to 20 over the weekend now it says 30 will be the low, I hope the warming trend continues for another day or so.

So many things never died back this year, it will be a strange spring and summer. Good luck with your nectarine, my citrus are just now starting to set buds.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I just checked Weather underground and we shouldn't get below 32 for the next several nights. Which is good since I don't get home until well after dark until Tuesday and I hate covering plants while holding a flashlight. ;)
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

They are still calling for the upper 20's for tonight and tomorrow night.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

It got down to 39 here last night and looks like it won't get as cold as predicted tonight. We'll see how cold it get tomorrow.
Barb

Charlotte, NC(Zone 7b)

It snowed here in South Charlotte this morning, not enough to accumulate, though.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Wow. It got down to 30 here, but no precipitation. We're supposed to reach at least 30 tonight. I covered all the really tender plants.
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Gah! Every time I have checked the low for tonight it goes down a degree .. they are now prediction 27 degrees for tonight!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Sorry X!
I just checked Weather Underground and it's now only going to get to 40 here tonight. ;)
Barb

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

This plant has five blooms on it now. ;)
Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.