penny floor

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

I have been gluing pennies to mesh making tiles for the bathroom floor the floor is right at 100 sq ft thats 188 pennies per sqft ill start laying the floor next week

Thumbnail by denimangle
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Looking forward to seeing the progress

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm going to enjoy seeing this completed, what a great idea....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice project. Interesting. :)

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Will be watching this project in progress!

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I'll be watching the progress too.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm agreeing with everyone else........Looking forward to seeing more!

Sorry I have been trying to post for days
here are a couple pictures I finished laying the pennies today & will start grout tomorrow if all is dry

Thumbnail by denimangle Thumbnail by denimangle
Mesilla Park, NM

Cheryl,

oMG! I love it!!!!!

A.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Well thats just totally cool. That looked like alot of work, but mercy, what a pay off.

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

WOW!!!!

Great job Cheryl, that is looking really nice!

Thanks everyone if I were to do it again I would glue right to the floor and not bother using the mesh I really thought it would make things line up better but it didn't had a lot of places I had to remove pennies & move them around.

Hey Gourd hows that kitchen comming ?

Linda I thought I was going to have to get you to post pictures for me ...lol

Having problems posting pictures?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Looks great!!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thats fascinating...

yes Linda im sure it part dialup & part DG

Phoenix, AZ

Oh my! My back hurts just looking at the pictures. Can't wait to see it grouted :)

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

WOW is right!! I just couldn't imagine pennies all over the floor, but it is going to be great. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Back breaking work for sure, my back is aching too. You will never in your lifetime be broke now. LOL

Newark, DE

AWESOME!!!!!

Hillsborough, NC

Wow...Wow...Wow! LOVE it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pennies are now obsolete here in Canada, what an idea to recycle them..

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

WHAT? Pennies are obsolete in Canada??? Why? Since When?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Month ago, they are rounding off

If it is 1.97 you pay 1.95
If it is 1.98 you pay 2.00

As pennies are being collected they will not be put back out for distribution

Government say that it costs more than a penny to make so will be saving millions I

Wouldn't doubt we will see nickels gone as well..

No paper $1.00 or $2.00' now coins (loony's and toonies)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Great Job, I think that looks very nice looking forward to see it when it is grouted.

Newark, DE

WOW! I love it.

I've thought about doing that to a table, because there is no way I could get down on the floor to do that much. I'd have to go the way you did and pre-glue to mesh.

Great job!

Debbie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Good hearing from you Debbie....It's been a while!

That penny floor is great! I think it would be a cool wall treatment too in the right place;....like a backsplash behind a sink area...

Newark, DE

Hi David!!!

Yes it has been a while. I have missed you... and all of DG!

I have been extremely busy taking everyone, everywhere for appointments lately. In fact, I have to take my brother to Wilmington (about 15 miles) to a doctor's appointment shortly to get the paperwork done for a new wheelchair. Being a quadreplegic, his chair is motorized, plus it reclines and flattens with buttons he can controll with his head. I swear that thing costs as much as a car. Thank God for medicare disability.

When things slow down (they should shortly at least a little bit) I hope to get back into some of my craft stuff, but I have an agreement with myself that I should not get involved in projects until I get more stuff de-cluttered (at least the rooms we live in daily - only 2 more to go and I am working on them whenever I get a few minutes AND am able). There are also some things I need to work on computer-wise too. One of the desk tops quit working and I have to figure that out. The printer was hooked to that one and doesn't recognize this one's OS. I am sure I can download a patch from the vendor's site but it all takes time I haven't had. If all else fails, I have another printer still in the box that I never opened, since the old one still works. Anyway, I want to get that done and when it is, I will be listing stuff on eBay again. Before I do, I want to be able to print my postage and have the mailman pick it up to save me the trip to the P.O..

Anyway, here's hoping to have more time on here as I can. I might even be posting some of my craft stuff. LOL

I gotta get going - y'all have a great day!

Debbie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

You are doing a good thing in your life by being the caretaker you sound like Debbie.

I would love to see something new you create. Art, Gardening, and all creative efforts help keep us grounded and Sane..........or did I mean Saner?!!!!! Ha!

David

IDavid I had given thought as to a back splash around the kitchen sink or behind the stove but went with the floor for now

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

There is always Tommorrow Deni!...........A great fun project and Thank You for sharing it with us...

David

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

VERY nice!! I covered a bowling ball with NEW pennies and put it out as Garden Art, it was a BIG hit! I only wish I sealed it better so that it did not oxidize. YOur floor is going to beautiful!!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

A few years ago we had a cow invasion in town. Not sure if they do something similar in your areas. I have seen both horses and bears in other towns. They get full sized replicated cows and sell them to mostly business and organizations. The organizations decorate them, they are placed all over the city and they print maps so you can follow the maps to all the locations to see them. It was great fun we took our GS and our bikes and spent a really nice day in the city. Then at the end of summer they auction them off most companies by back their cows but not always. I can't remember what charity the $$ went to. The Orthopedic Institute painted theirs all brown with the skeleton of a cow on it. The skeleton had an artificial hip, knee replacement a few bones screwed together, there was a Joe Paterno Penn State Cow, a Hershey Park Cow riding an amusement park ride and all kinds of scenic and whimsical cows. One of the local banks covered theirs in pennies.

Wow, that must have been something? In San Antonio there are longhorns all over the place, and in San Angelo, there are large sheep painted!

Here are some of the sheep in San Angelo.
http://downtownsanangelo.com/sheepspectacular2.html

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, exactly like those sheep just bigger. LOL It really was fun, pulled more people into the city for a day or two, made some $$ for charity. There are still a few in the city and around the area. The cow with the pennies in just outside a downtown bank and they kept it there.

Dahlonega, GA

Glad I found this Denim . Showed it to D H and he said hope there are no copper pennies in there . LOL That is so pretty .

LOL digger tell him there are some steel pennies on the floor ..

Dahlonega, GA

I don't dare . He is a coin collector and will have a heart attact . I'm about to .

Dahlonega, GA

I told him and he said the worn , ugly ones were about 10cents apiece or so .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.