Morning Gories Late Winter-Early Spring 2013

Gautier, MS

Debra glad it wasn't a reall mess for you, an experience you'll remember. I'm also glad your sis is feeling a bit better. Keeping up with the prayers.

Pretty bloom Jackie, just love that pink color.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh Jackie, Happy Birthday! I am so glad I came to say that! The pink porcelain is beautiful, now I know where the one I had came from. ;)
It was just a small enought mess to make me chuckle, and. figure out a way to save the watery sugar yeast puddle and I used a spongle mop and put it in a half bucket of laundry water, then last night I watered with that. I have three of the four bottles evened out and it is cool to see the "gas" come out after shaking and lifting my thumb ...The night I mopped I put a fan on the room, and wiped off most of the surfaces it hit. The leaves of a lot of plants havy shiny spots on them. Just now I saw seed pods ripening and I have nothing but pictures I have posted earlier to determine which is which. So, winter basement mix it is .. again.
What did you do today Jackie? I hope your day was warm and pleasant. I am a proud parent of a Jackie Pink Swirl Hibiscus baby seedling..Happy Birthday to you!
Sister got to get her chemo.. her back has been hurting, she is going to a chiro guy tommorrow she thinks there is a rib out? I swear I do not trust those guys ( chiros) but my Mom couldn't go a week without seeing one. Now, Sister has a chiro guy.. and one of those non medicine guys ( homeopathic?)
a cancer guy, a radiation guy and a regular guy.. sheese! "dat's a lot of men" I told her.. hah!
The two rebeccas from one seed bag of Emma,Aoshibouri from BlueSpiral ,Pandurata Kansas, Favorite Zinnia, from Karen2005 purchase, I have no idea it's name now. It was in a Blue mix.. These are all old photos.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, thank you. I've had better birthdays but thats ok. Sometimes things just don;t work out. :-)
Returned my new computer to HP today for them to see whats wrong with it.
They said I'll have it back in just a few days if they can fix it.
So glad you got a Pink Swirl to germinate. Its a beautiful Hibiscus and hardy too even to your zone.
Wonderful that your sis got to have her chemo, she was so worried about it. My DH swears by the chiropractor
too for his bad back. He always feels much better after just one session.
Lovely pics btw.

Found this pic of Apricot Candy, one of my favorite small MG's.

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Debra, love your flowers, sorry to hear your seeds got mixed up! So glad to hear your Sis was allowed to get her chemo. I agree with Jackie, I see my chiro at least once a month, don't know what I would do with out him.
Jackie, sure hope you get your computer back soon!

LK, I have so many seeds, a few mixed up or a few lost is no big worry.. Sister called me before she went to bed to see what I thought about her taking two aleves and then a loritab two hours later, I said what the heck can it hurt?

Last time I went to a chiro with mom ( 20 yrs ago) I couldn't walk for a week.

So glad they do work for you all, tho. Moving some seed trays outside now, before I go to work, just hope the squirrels leave them alone..

Deb, my daughter has scoliosis and the 1st time she went, she was so sore. Once the soreness was gone, she realized her back felt much better than before.
Still too cool here to set anything out. Will be May 1st most likely. We're still getting freezes at night .

Gautier, MS

It has been awfully cold here these last 2 days. We had a tiny bit of frost but still did not get to most of my plants.

I took a picture of a nice dark blue mg bloom with my phone this morning with my phone camera but have not been able to get it through my email yet. Maybe tomorrow it'll get through. After school I used my g-sons Ipod when the color changed to violet purple.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That sure is pretty! Love the dark color.

Oh my gosh Helena. Gorgeous Purple Velvet

Beautiful! I love the drape of it.

I have a few plants outside and a tray of babys, one brug stick and a red firespike, and some oxalis. a few glorys. If they can't survive the low of 33 with some newspaper blankets, then this will be a telling experiment. The porch is much warmer than out in the open. We will see.
Sister feels better already, she had a rib out in her back, and her elbow and wrist were out of whack from her fall a few weeks ago. She is taking two aleves now. If her pain gets too bad she promised me she will take a loritab. I told her so what if she had the aleve in her.. it is hard to live thru the prisms of pain.
I just finished planting a ton of stuff and transplanted some more babys . I will be going to see a local blues lady with my sis in law tommorrow night, or rather, tonight, so if I don't see ya then, have a great day.

Good luck with all your babies, hope they don't get too cold. And enjoy the blues lady with your SIL. So glad to hear your Sis is feeling better.

Everything is AOK! Even the tray of tomatoes and peppers I forgot about out back. The morning glorys are tuff lil buggars!

Gautier, MS

Debra, I echo Lindas post. Thanks ladies that picture came out bigger than when it's supposed to be. I'm going to try another one that's supposed to be smaller of the same color and the one when it was blue from yesterday. It's still the same bloom but with changing color from blue to violet purple.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Glad your babies made it through the night outside Debra. The violet purple pic still came out a bit bigger than in my files.

Debra. so glad your sis feels somewhat better and that the chiropractor helped her.
Oh that sounds like fun, going to see a blues lady. I love the blues, best listening of all.

Helena, a truly beautiful bloom transitioning from blue to purple

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Had this bloom open yesterday but the color was not right on my camera and on my phone either. There was no blue on that bloom but a kind of purple color.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, Very pretty even if the color isn't true.

to the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304807

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.