How Was Your Day? #380

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I just remembered something I forgot...

Dianne -- many years ago, we used to get those late night calls

I think DH contacted both the phone company and police and explained what was going on.... it was many yrs ago, but from what I remember -- they told us to punch in a few numbers, like #69 or something, and it would record the info at the police station ... so they got the number of the person calling.

it turned out to be punk kids that went to school with my kids.

I hope this ends for you, or someone else is able to assist you in getting to the bottom of it.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I know that black walnut is poisonous to plants and harmful to humans and animals.

Terese, I hope the spring finds all of us soon.

Melva, I hope you are all having a great time!

BonnieB, when JohnJohn comes back- please take a picture. I take my meds with yogurt - I always have.

The storm that is coming in our direction - I haven't heard how it will effect us. Boston has already closed schools on Tuesday. Now that is scary.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, tried going to bed, but I am just too wound up. Elsie I will take a picture of JohnJohn. He will be with us about another 2 weeks, and then one of DH's nieces will be moving into her DD's house, and he will go back to the farm where he provides valuable varment control at the horse barns.

Doesn't sound good that Boston has closed schools for Tuesday. Our storm is supposed to hit tonight and tomorrow. May not have church if we are getting pounded early.

So terese, sounds like you did a ton of work today. I think I know the trees you are talking about, full of thorns, and only a trash tree here. Bet you will be sore tomorrow working to cut them down, but if you plant there, glad you got it cleaned up.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Good morning everyone

Melva Happy Birthday

Anyone want some rain-we get the part of that storm. It rained all day yesterday with off and on thunder. Now the tail end is it is whipping around and we will get some more. Poor Andre did not want to go out to go to the bath room, he did one time go out and start to pee, but the thunder chased him back in. 2 oclock this morning we went out and he was able to go and go and go.

Sandy and Andre

Good morning, we have rain here too. This is supposed to turn to snow laer today. We will see.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Melva!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

HURRAH!!! JJ is home!!!

DH tried it before I left. No clean house when I got Home! He put his bulldozer back together.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday Melva! Hope it is a good one!

Lyndonville, NY

Happy Birthday Melva, have a wonderful day! Can't wait to hear about the party.

I keep getting "storm alerts" on my phone for Cleveland and Erie....so I imagine they
will start for NY sometime later today. From what I have heard, this is one of those
"two storm fronts hit and make a doozy" issue.

I have to have Shannon at Lab for blood draw at 9:00 a.m. Then keep working on
the hematology appointment.

Today is DSs 20th birthday also...hitting me hard what a mess he has made.

Debbie

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

Nice to hear from you Terese. I bet its hard to go from the warm weather and relaxing pace you had in Florida back to the cold brown winter at home. But you'll get to enjoy the transformation of spring, which always picks up my spirits.

Sandy - poor Andre! And how good he is to manage to hold it 'til you got him out when it was "safe" for him.

Loretta - Accuweather shows you missing the snow! If you are going to get the roof addressed, you should probably think about researching the options now so things are lined up for when the weather allows the work. When is your Dad back to NJ?

BonnieB - accu-weather shows no snow today but maybe a little tonight. I didn't know there were 2 Pleasureville's in Kentucky! DH says that town name means there's a lot to live up to if you live there. :-) OH - "Cook" plants should have been "cool" plants. lol I picked up an adorable little rock garden peony, a couple lewisia's, a dward sarham (that scented the entire hoophouse & car on the way home), a gorgeous camellia that I will grow in a pot and keep in the greenhouse or barn over the winter. And probably stuff I'm forgetting.

Debbie - hope the stomach calms down for you today. (And life calms down for you too)

Dianne - I agree with Debbie that an insect bite could explain Diesel's reaction too! I remember when a pinch bug got our family cat on the nose (when I was just a little girl). Poor cat stopped hunting bugs after that!

Vicki - It looks like you will miss this big storm going through? I hope you get spring there soon too. I'm really starting to crave spring!

~~ Adina. I hope you're all set for your get together tomorrow. I'm curious how big those fish were?

Melva - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Here's a hat just for your day today. (It was at the Phila Flower Show)

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

Cross posted Debbie - I hope you beat the storm to get home safely today!

Bonnie - I hope you got a good nights sleep! I was wondering if the vet could get you the meds in liquid form? Or would Swiper take them in those greenie pill pockets?

The plan for the day is to finish up with moving the plants & smaller items out of the downstairs area & get the last of the paintings/ wall hangings off the walls, vacuum & roll up all but one rug. We've decided to use the entry way rug in the living room. Its old and beat so OK if it gets dust & debris on it. It will help keep the sound down. We'll have a huge open space with all tile & hardwood floors here soon. Then I am taking down wallpaper. Eventually I want to take it all down but that's too big of a job right now. I'll get it off all the walls affected by the construction and we'll paint those. Maybe next year (or if I get more energy in April) I'll take it down in the dining room. Its been up for 30yrs and is looking a bit worn so its time. It goes up the stairs on up to the attic and 2nd floor hallway so is a huge job to get it all down.

Tam

Lyndonville, NY

The flowers on that hat are beautiful. I am in need of some flowers to sniff.
DH said something about going to the broadway market up in Buffalo. He
loves to go there at Easter time, get the fancy breads and such. I love the painted
Polish & Hungarian eggs. I did have a tree for mine, but "someone" likes to use them
as toys, and after loosing a few....I keep it in attic. They are just so pretty though.

Tam, did mama chick ever show up? I was watching the baby chicks and ducks over
at Tractor supply yesterday when I picked up pet foods....and thought of you with your flock.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Tam have a wallpaper removel party and feed them good! LOL

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Good morning. Still too sleepy to type a post.

I will be back later. Thrilled that John John has been found.

I think a warm shower is calling my name.

Bonnie

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Bonnie, predisone is available in liquid form and also in a chewy, flavored (chicken, liver or tuna) compounded version. I have used all forms depending on the cat. Ask your vet for choices and try them.

BonnieB, so happy to hear JohnJohn has been found, now too bad the wandering kitty is still lost. When that happens, there is no closure, one is always wondering what happened.

Have not been keeping up on this thread, will try to be more vigilant so I can have more appropriate comments.

Kris

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Kris your comments seemed pretty good to me!

I have a foot warmer-wish he would lay on both of them and not wrap his self around just one. Thundering again.

Sandy and A silly dog

somewhere, PA

I think this renovation is going to be good for us on many levels. I just sorted through cards I'd saved since we moved here. A few were tough to revisit (from my dear friend Shizue who passed away last month) but many loving friends and family. I've dusted and put away all the wall paintings/photos and am getting close to having the stuff in the fireplace cleared out. I'm throwing out the bathroom rugs - they all have been piddled on and while don't smell *much* its just asking for a repeat. The new configuration of the room will no doubt require different rugs. And I'm thinking of changing the color scheme so why not start fresh all around!

Vicki - that's a great idea!

HEY GUYS!!! Big wall paper removal party starts at 12 noon in Barto, Pa. I'll pull out a bunch of burgers, some stuffed peppers, summer veggie braise & a lovely lemon/cranberry bread for dessert. Who's in?

Debbie - no. I think Moma is gone for good. I'll take my camera out today for a break and get some pictures of the "chicks" who are now looking like teen-agers at that awkward stage and the little flowers blooming today.

Bonnie - I hope Kris' suggestions help you. Flavored liquid prednisone sounds like a great idea!

Loretta - I'm an idiot. I looked up my own weather and see WE are going to get snow. lol 3" tonight and another 3" tomorrow. And so I looked again and sure enough, you are supposed to get snow too. D'oh don't know how I misread those weather predictions!

I've been working while still in my 'jammies so I think I need to put on proper work clothes, throw these in the wash and get finished up with the moving of stuff and on to the wall paper.

Tam

Verona, ON

Wish I lived closer Tam because I love to strip wallpaper. I know, it is sick but I do. There is something cathartic about it.

Feeling much better. This is the first day my temp has been below 100 in days. Wooo hooo!

Happy Birthday Melva. Love the hat Tam.

Going for a nap.
Dianne

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Tammy, I was wondering where you thought I was today. hehe

Lyndonville, NY

We used a spray bottle filled with 1/4 cup fabric softer and filled rest with warm water. Sprayed on, let set a few minutes....and it scraped right up.
It gets the glue "unstuck" on the back.

Lyndonville, NY

Loretta, are you out spending your millions? I see the only winner of the Power Ball was in NJ. You holding out? LOL

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday, Melva!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Debbie I was wondering the same thing

My DM is no where near as bad as Bonnie's mom but I live with here 24/7 and she sure can get on my nerves. I so need a vacation from waiting on her hand and foot. Any one want to baby site my mom?????

Sandy and Andre

somewhere, PA

Now this is scarey 'cause I heard the news about the lucky NJ lottery winner and was thinking of my very dear and generous friend Loretta as well. ;-)

Its funny how easily distracted I can be when there's work to do. I took down DH's old kitchen witch and its faded and dusty and looking every bit its 30yrs of age. So I got an apple out of the fridge and started an apple doll to make into a new witch for the new kitchen.

I've had lunch and its time to change. And dream about having Dianne at my side to pull off the wall paper. (I still have some stuff I bought years ago to strip wallpaper. You mix it with water and it makes a kind of gel to help keep the paper wet so it'll come off. Thanks for the tip though Debbie! I just don't have any fabric softener in the house.

Do you suppose Melva is sleeping off a tres leches cake hangover today? :-)

Tam

Verona, ON

I have one of those heat strippers Tam. Having renovated so many rooms one learns to have the tools. lol Of course after stripping off of so much wall paper I would never wall paper a room again in my life. When I look at the the Home Reno and Hunter shows I cringe every time I see a room that is wallpapered. All I see is lots of extra work.

Got so excited about taking down wallpaper Bonnie I forgot to say how elated I am that Johnjohn is found. whew! You and your DH will rest easier tonight I am sure. I bet your por DH's stomach has been in knots for days.

Party is at Loretta's or so I hear. How wonderful you and Chloe will be able to live in luxury. Darn! Sure wish it was true for you. You aren't holding back are you????

Hard day today Debbie . Huge hugs!

Dianne

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

We go in on the lottery at work. If we won I won't know until tomorrow. Unless someone calls me. I'm pretty sure it would be very quiet at work - hehe.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Yesterday while getting ready for the party..the doorbell rang and it was flowers being delivered..gorgeous flowers! and what timing! I was thrilled to get flowers! Many thanks to the lady that sent them to me.
The party was nice..not nearly all the people invited were able to be there..we had 9 people and the food left over is mind boggling, the fridge is packed!
Getting ready has sapped my energy..all I want to do is sleep...back later.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday Melva.... may you have a relaxing day.

I took a nap, Andre get to go outside and play.
I think I am beginning to feel better, I am starting to get the itch to do crotchet again. I found the done shawls, I have 3 of them I figured out who I owe them to but I can not remember who the variegated green one goes too or who I still owe one to. I know I have not done Kelly one but I can not remember who else.
I think Lee. Has anyone heard from either one of them??

Sandy and Andre

Good afternoon. Back from church hours ago, had left over lasagna, salad and garlic bread for lunch. cleaned up the kitchen and have read, rested and DH brought home a new neighbor that I visited with while he fixed a tire on her car. All have been good activities.

Melva, I am remiss about wishing you a Happy Birthday. I know that party was lovely, and since you have leftovers maybe you can have another mini party to help with getting rid of them. Call this your "b" list party!

Tammy, I am an expert wallpaper stripper. I have lived in several older homes, and have done a good deal of stripping wall paper. One house we lived in had 15 layers of paper on one room. What a PITA that was. My main tools are a "paper tiger" and a bucket of water with Diff mixed in. You score the paper with the paper tiger, (sort of looks like a pizza cutter, only with longer teeth) and then apply the water/diff mixture with a sponge or rag. Wait 15 minutes and wallaha, paper comes off in one big sheet. The Diff dissolves the glue and is very easy to use. The Diff/water mixture sinks into the paper via the paper tiger cuts and it really does the job.

Dianne, I am so glad that you are feeling better today. That is a real cause for celebration.

Sandy, wish Andre would stay outside without you for a time, then you could have a little vacation from him!

BonnieB I am glad the pup is back with y'all. Andre was just taken for a long walk by my friend who lives across the street. Her doctor told her to get out and wall. She is very thin but she has high blood pressure

I get 5 batches of yarn worked into balls all ready for me to get back to work.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and a tried out puppy

somewhere, PA

BonnieB - I've used that little "diff" thingie. (I've stripped my share of paper before too. But never 15 layers!) The problem is when there is no primer or sizing on the wall underneath the paper. I skip the prep - just pull off the paper, wet with a sponge, wait a bit than scrap/pull. I got quite a bit done today but plenty more to go. :-)

Drapes are all down. I think we're on track to stay ahead of the contractors!
Tam

somewhere, PA

How about a new thread?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1304002/

Tam

This message was edited Mar 24, 2013 8:37 PM

Back again, had a light supper and have been sitting reading while DH is watching the basketball games. I will be so glad when all of this is over and done with. I am really not into basketball and this back to back games and non stop all weekend has about driven me over the edge.

Weather warnings scrolling across the bottom of the tv screen. Winter storm warning for tonight and tomorrow, ending at 8pm. Will try to watch the weather at 11 to see what and how much we can expect.

No plans for tomorrow, except to look out the window and watch the snow falling.

Eslie, sure wish that you had won the lottery, you are so generous, I am sure the first thing you would have done was to pay for all of us a nice long cruise!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.