Looking for suggestions for a tool?

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi all,

I have bad knees, but I still love my gardening. What I am looking for is some kind of tool/gadget that will assist in rising to a standing position from a kneeling position. I prefer to wear knee pads to be more comfortable when I have to do planting in a flower bed, but I have the hardest time getting up. I need to lean on something for support to get myself up. I've used a garden hoe, a cane ... even an umbrella, but I wonder if there might be something made just for this situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :-)

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I have a niece in Tobyhanna. Brrrrrrr. :0)

I use kneepads too. I also have a kneeler ( is that a proper word?) padded with two metal bars on each side rising about 1.5 feet high ( similar to the rails on a bedside commode ) to help give a boost up. I also have a low rolling stool with padded seat for tush that swivels side to side and rols/forwad and back when I need to reach way out to grasp a weed or two. I am not fond of it because reach too far forward and the darn thing will toss me right out!

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi missingrosie,

Thanks for the info. Do you recall where you got it? Or where I could find something like that? Thanks : - ) And you are so right about Tobyhanna. BRRRR. We still have snow on grassy areas. But, it's supposed to be in the 50's by the weekend. Yay!

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

I will see if I can find one on internet to direct you to. Mi think it may have been Brookstone catalog.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Target has one $34 and amazon has exact same as target for 19. There is one at homedepot that looks much better made for $37.

Called garden kneeler bench - just google and maybe you can find one that sparks your interest

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.