April rains end the drought???

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

billyp i would not want a last year's drought . like we had either .. Yes the pic was indeed a Black pussy willow . I should have half a dozen shortly.
That ground hog has been really destructive , When they get a taste for something they can really eat !!!
Yes to spring fever had a headache today from the light and the Sun outside .. Takes a while to get use to .. .

Will thank you for offer of the speedwell , we will come back to that and plants I am just about overwhelmed , (with plants) Your pic's of your plants are always delightful I can't say that often enough . Good links for info too ! You are always helping, I imagine you are always about being a constructive one . Real nice on display I imagine that is , your other houseplants too .. Maple , Barberry You always have many interesting things in the works ...
I have a couple of Lilacs here , small and little still ..

jw I am still looking forward to the plants you have sent and hope the ones you have gotten do well , I hope they don't cook . it is hot today , and the next few days

Finished up the fence and poles for the first bed of tomatoes , planted more beans , moved and relocated some perennial flowers ,hoping for better results. Another tomato bed to go . Some Borage started blooming today , zinnia came sprouting up in multitude from the hot sun , They love it .. Other beans in the garden are sprouting and the next few days will be starting melons , gourds , cucumbers , Trying to keep up with some success I am I also planted Pumpkins today , They have came up wild here on their own before , only these I planted .. Lots of weeding and mulching to do it never ends , only it is, always worthwhile ..
I still have sweet peas and lots of herbs like the Basil to start , was going to do that last week ...only.....well.... yeah you all know,, I am sure...

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

get ready.. it's gonna be a cold 48 hours starting tommorrow...Judy yer box will be there soon, Pepper, I can't stuff anymore into this box, but ya got enough for three small flower beds..
before I meet up with the Yahoo wichita gardening club Friday, did anyone else want any of the plants I am offering? I am taking all the rest to that meet up so I can get rid of them...
the first two pics are asters and false dragon head ( obedient plant) and the third pic is our yard bunny

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

64/79/49
Wednesday...Not as warm. Mostly sunny. High in the upper 70s. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday Night...Cooler. Mostly cloudy. A 40 percent chance of rain showers after midnight. Low in the upper 40s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph

Will,
I like the name too :o) I also have white ones. I really like them.
Pictures as soon as I have anything blooming. Right now it's just the rock garden and I did get it weeded yesterday.
Nice cuttings. The lilac is looking GOOD! So is the speedwell.
Sun MAY bring out some gold, but I too think, just green pothos.

Ju,
Ah! That is so cool! I guess I missed much of the conversations the last few months. Where did you get the idea for that?

Pepper,
Rotted hollyhocks are so sad. I remember the stinky foamy froth on one of mine years and years ago when I was a new gardener. I was so sad that I lost a plant. It was one of the nigra I grew from seed.

Will,
There didn't seem to be much hope for that crooked little stem, but yes, look at it now!

Ju,
I think the black pussy willow are beautiful. But then, I like all the colors. They seek out water so plant as far from the house and water lines as you can get!
Your garden is so far ahead of mine. I need to get green beans in too. How nice to have room for all the vines!

Debra,
Grinning, now that spring is here, every house in town has at least two yard bunnies :o)

It's amazing how much a bed transforms just by picking out the dead leaves and pulling the weeds. I'm slowly finishing the small beds. Dreading one big bed :o)

I hope to really do a lot today since it might rain tonight. Maybe plant potatoes even tho they aren't real dry yet after cutting them up.

Have a productive day everyone!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Wow, 36 and 34 lows here, indeed the next 48 hours. - http://www.kshb.com/subindex/weather/forecast/7_day_forecast My houseplants are staying in for a few days!
Thanks for all the kinds words, Judith. Yes, I like to be helpful! I try to be interesting, even if it means me sounding like a jackbutt!

Dang jw, you must be spending a fortune in postage! I'm calling the usps director, you have an illegal postage stamp! I'm only kidding, how nice of you.

Yes, look at that crooked little stem now! Soon it will be a big shrub of purple flowers and strong fragrance, I tell you, that Lilac is one of those bounders, it bounds back!
Thanks billyp, I hope the lilac stays looking good, the roof over my head is counting on it!

We need a new month thread, any takers? : )

Well, I won't be far away, I need to do my daily 2 - 3 online job applications.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Doing all kinds of things ,

biilyp' I got that from putting cement around the bottom of stakes to hold them upright ,Then looking for material the cement would not stick to for doing light ornamental blocks and stones . From there it kept evolving .. it took a while to find some of the garden edging that cement did not stick to . AS said it is actually stronger than expoxy when it dries to soda bottle plastic ..

Well we will wait for pepper to start the new thread , That is the only thing I seem to have said for a while to ,or about pepper , I need a quicker mind ...

Okay I think jw might own a postal company though ,,, shhhh it's suppose to be a secret ,,,lol only playing some jw, it does get to seem like it sometimes ..

We need to convince happ , to talk some more about the projects there ..

Here is the lilac seedling again, only now you can see the crooked part..lol I put it in my Comcast webspace after I resized it and cropped just it in the pic. - That's it in the front and center of the pic with the purple blooms and it's now about 3 feet tall. - http://home.comcast.net/~metalglove/pwpimages/lilacseedling.jpg

Thumbnail by shortleaf

Jw, do you own one of those "Goin' Postal" franchises?! You know we only kid! Giving, sharing people are the best kind of people there is.

Dang ju, you make your concrete creations! I bet I've got a dump-truck load of rocks in total from the side of the road. I kid my friend that if she ever throws me out, she is going to be stuck with about 2 tons of rocks in the yard for doing so!

Yes, where'd that happ and green go?!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well I have a big generous bundle of plants from jw !!!!! Ain't that sweet?! Or should that be? Ain't she sweet!!!!!lol.. True though !!
Those are going to set in a pan of water a few minutes ,. next cloud and burst of energy ,, more planting !!he he ,,
Well a BIG thank you jw ,
in a while /...

UH HUH... How about rock creations ,, does the Mount Rushmore Monument come to mind??lol

This message was edited May 1, 2013 5:11 PM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

THREAD IS CLOSED!!!

NEW THREAD!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1310439/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.