December 31st, 1969: Cape Primrose 'Nerys' (Streptocarpus ) by VA_Wild_Rose

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

The Bloom of the Day for December 31st, 1969 was Cape Primrose 'Nerys' (Streptocarpus ).

View the bloom of the day here: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow! I was 12 years old when this was Bloom of the Day! Wonder how this happened? It's much to late for Aprils Fool...LOL

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

...and I was Sweet Sixteen when you were born!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Well it was sent to me this morning too... But the link goes to TODAY's bloom of the day, and not to the photo of Nerys by me. I was kinda curious what little glitch occurred here! LOL!

(Zone 9b)

This posting just showed up? LOL Garden Stock 'Opera Debora' must have broken BOTD. Too much purple no doubt!

(Zone 9b)

Your photo is sure pretty VA_Wild_Rose. Maybe God picked yours today instead of Garden Stock 'Opera Debora.' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/354536/
Had I seen yours, I would have picked it. I am going to look at all our photos saved for BOTD just to see if yours is there to be assigned a later date or if it just came totally out of the blue.

(Zone 9b)

Kin, had you just saved this photo to the BOTD forum last night? I see it is the one listed just before today's BOTD but it has no day assigned to it yet. How bizarre. Maybe if you saved it just at midnight, it confused the system?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

That is a pretty picture of a great plant Guy. We are the same age obviously. I was 12 in '69 too and that was the year my Grandfather passed...

Arlene,...you are so funny!
Something tells me you will always be 'Sweet 16" at heart,...And I will always be 'Peter Pan' in too many ways I fear...........Ha!

You're cute, David.

I was outside gardening and the thought came to me: Was the original Dave of Dave's Garden even born by 1969?

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I don't know the answer to that one pirl, but I guarantee DG wasn't in existence then! LOL!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I think this has something to do with the fact there are two BOTDs today. If Kin assigned this once to today (April 9) at, the time the system was processing the BOTD for today, it's possible the duplicate dates threw the system into a tailspin...which apparently landed back in '69 :-)

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

HaHaHa Terry! The magic of today,.....anyway Kin made us all think!!!

SO exciting! That means my daughter will be born tomorrow!

Portland, OR(Zone 8a)

Well I too think Arlene is as sweet as can be!
I was at work during the bewitching hour so I didn't have anything to do with it. It's been several days since I have pick any photos for BOTD also. Don't know how we got this flashback...but it was fun revealing our ages!! LOL

How nice of you, Kin! Thank you.

I am so old that I remember those rocks when they were part of giant boulders!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.