How was your day? #383

Lyndonville, NY

We came over from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1305315/

Come on in and tell us about your day, your pets, your weather......or what's for dinner!

Furbabies welcome!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

**Waves**

light rain all morning.. supposed to break this afternoon.

Lyndonville, NY

When I first got on here this morning, we had steady rain and was watching it roll down the lilac bush outside the window.
Now I sit here looking, and it is frozen...ice coating leaf buds and branches.

Terese, when do you head back to the park for the season? Does Bud like this weather?

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Ty keeps looking out the window. He either wants to go out or he is wondering what I am looking at!

Lyndonville, NY

Izzy has that "I don't think so" look on her face (OK, so she is belly up sleeping next to my chair) but I have gotten up twice
and she won't move. lol

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

LOL!

somewhere, PA

Thanks for the new thread Debbie!

Wow Vicki - I sure hope you are safe & good idea to bring the change & food/blanket.

Sandy - so sorry about your DG friend. How is he/she taking the news?

I didn't sleep well last night (storm / worries about the kitties & the storm/ worries about the kitchen). Well... got up early with a few ideas on options to handle a dimension issue. Got my hair cut. Talked over the options & took more measurements. Decided to heck with resale worries - we're going to have a bottle neck that is no issue for us but might bother someone else. The kitchen is going in as it was designed.

We now have just the kitchen sink. All other cabinets are gone. Coffee maker, micro wave & other essentials are now all upstairs in the guest bedroom. I'll give it a trial run with lunch - I make smoothies so will be carrying a lot upstairs since fridge & freezer are downstairs.

Tam

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Tam she is upbeat. we are planning a road trip for next month. there is nothing the doctors can do

Sandy

somewhere, PA

Sandy - that's good. An upbeat view will mean she will enjoy her time more. A roadtrip sounds like a fine idea! I've often wondered what I'd do if I found out I had only 6mo to live. (well... not often as in daily but every few years I think about it).

I have had a headache all day & it just got worse & worse. I am gonna call it a day & stop looking at a computer screen for a few hours.

I will see about sending pictures of the empty (of kitchen) house later tonight.

Tam

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Buddy hates rain, even mist -- which is what it has been doing most the day. it was light rain this morning but mist about the past 4 hrs. He'll look at the door like he wants to go out -- get all 4 paws out, spin around and back in the house.

We were supposed to leave yesterday. As Vicki can tell you, WI has had horrid weather lately. Since we are a campground, our water pipes are not deep at all, and the ground is still frozen. Talked to the Mgr yesterday, he is hoping to have it on next Wed the 17th. We have our first Board Meeting on Sat. the 20th and I know I have 6 months of mail/paperwork to go thru. Wish I could go now ... I could stay at a friends house that lives 10 min away, but don't think DH would 'buy that'. The 10 days forcast does not look good either... 40's tops, rain/snow and just cold. not much sun at all, though the rain the past few days has gotten rid of most the snow... now we just need warmer temps.

Spent the day cleaning carpets.... Debbie -- don't think that "solution" made them super clean... did get lots of dirt out, maybe my carpet are just too worn. The home made solution did call for an 'essential oil' -- I forgot while doing the lower level, but added "Lemon Grass" when i did the upstairs... Alex commented that it smelled nice.

somewhere, PA

Terese - that sucks that you can't get on the road when you need to/want to. I sure hope it all clears up quickly.

Here's yesterday. I'll post today next.

Edited - oops. These pictures are from Tues evening not yesterday.

Tam

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013 6:42 PM

Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy
somewhere, PA

Scirocco is really checking everything out thorough each evening after
the crew leaves.

At least we've got the sink 'til Mon.

Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Debbie, thanks for the new thread. I thought that was Chloe in your photo.

Vicki, I hope you called in and didn't go in to work. This weather is just crazy.

Sandy, I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope you have a good road trip.

Terese, it sounds like a good idea to delay the trip. Even Buddy said don't go.

Tammy, those pictures are sort of eerie. Your poor lonely sink. Chloe would be spending time sitting in any place that was new for her.

We didn't get any bad weather today, just chilly. I decided on the way home to stop at Great Cuts and get another hair cut. Got it nice and short without the whispy stuff sticking out like Bozo.the girl was a little loud but she kept checking with me to see if I liked it. $8.99 plus tip - much better than that last cut.

I was watching QVC last night and they had a Yonana as the special of the day. I may try to get one at BBB with a coupon. It's made to use with bananas with other things or just other fruits. You freeze the fruit and put it through the machine and it makes and ice cream like creation. They put peanut butter cups, cookies in with the bananas. Then they just used fruits. YOu don't need any milk or sugar so I thought it would be a nice substitute for ice cream.

I'm finishing up some lemon chicken. It turned out pretty good.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Haley came by today I forgot to ask her if she knows where she put the camera...she had a puppy that she had adopted from a rescue, cute little thing she is australian shepherd /blue heeler...she let me hold her and she went to sleep while I was holding her...poor little thing is sick though....she was very lethargic...I worry about her...she is taking medicine and going to the vet and Haley says she is a lot better than she was. So she is working 9-6 M-F so helping me with the house....she says she can come from 6-9pm but Phil will be here...he is so wiped after work he really doesn't want to deal with anyone...we will see...

Lyndonville, NY

You have got to see this commercial. I swear someone that knows me stole our story. If it doesn't show the "dog" commercial first, then go to the second one.

http://about.bankofamerica.com/en-us/lifes-better-connected/brand-TV.html?cm_mmc=EBZ-CorpRep-_-MSN-PS-_-bank%20of%20america%20commercial-_-Brand%20Launch-General%20Advertisement#fbid=BybDbIcMlic

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

That is too funny Debbie!!

morning everyone s and a

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

Melva - sounds like the little puppy girl was lucky Haley adopted her!

Debbie - I'll have to watch upstairs. I can't get the sound to work on my personal laptop.

Where do you guys add the picture/avatar?

It looks like a miserable day weather-wise. The AC guys were going to come to drain the system and finish moving the last of the lines to allow the bathroom to be closed up. (A coolant line went through the old wall & it requires special equipment to recover the coolant).

Electricians are here. And the fun begins another day!

Today I am meeting a couple of neighbors/friends from Allentown for lunch.
Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Tam, go to the "personal" page where you can add your member information, address and picture. There is now a place to add Avatar.

Wicked weather here again. It is worse across the lake for Dianne.

somewhere, PA

I just don't see it! That's where I looked yesterday & just now. OK. Will look again.
Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Ok,

My Tools.....My info.....scroll all the way down. Do you have a member picture? Click "Edit this picture"
Down below that....when it is open, should give you Avatar option so you can have two pictures.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Tam -- after I noticed elsie's avatar, I went on a hunt.... took some time to find it...

My Info | Preferences | Your Picture -- then the 3rd "box" down is for adding an avatar.

Debbie -- too funny on the video.

It finally stopped raining... at least it wasn't snow or ice.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning!

Weather was so weird yesterday! Drive was fine but slushy on the back roads. Started up again before we left work of course! Layer of ice on the cars and then it started snowing just before we left. Further south I got the more snow on the ground. Rained some during the night then snow and more rain and more snow. Now nothing.

IT CAN STOP ANY TIME!

Melva glad you heard from Haley and that she adopted that little girl!

somewhere, PA

Well it took my avatar but I think I could have used more pixels. Will try later. Electricians kicked me
out of the living room so they could work on the wiring of the lights.

Tam

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh Heavens.... the sun just popped out!! still lots of clouds, but sun to the south... there is HOPE.

Lyndonville, NY

We still have rain.....but the ice on my lilac bush is gone

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Sun has tried poking out a few times! Hope it is a good sign!

Partly cloudy but with sun and way to hot.

Yard guys are here almost done for the days. I have raised beds but no dirt yet. LOL

Andre is very tired out.

Sandy and an pooped pup

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

It was rather cold and rainy today. This afternoon there is a cold mist that just feels freezing.

Work seemed like a three ring circus and Teddy wasn't there to entertain us. We have a new man at work - he is the marketing person. He went into my co-workers office and laid down on the floor. He's only been there like a week and a half.

I'm going to heat up a frozen pizza and have dinner. I'm hoping to have a short nap.

somewhere, PA

The sun is still hiding out here. At least the rain slowed by lunchtime and seems to be a little drizzle every once in a while since.

We have no heat in the bedroom. Sigh. We decided not to bother the plumbers. Of course we noticed it late Fri after they'd all left!

Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Oh Tam, all weekend with no heat in there? You better start collecting cats for bed warmers!

Elsie, he went in there to nap on the floor? Ballsy I say, especially the first week.

My "achievement" today was FINALLY getting through to Cleveland with someone to help, and I have both my appointments on
the same day now....instead of four days apart! That would mean driving to Ohio twice, or boarding Izzy for 5 days...which I won't do
anymore unless good reason.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Debbie, that is good to get the two appointments on the same day. The guy at work just collapsed - I don't know what happened but I think he was overwhelmed with something. I think he was being funny.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

elsie... i think we had the same weather.... misting and COLD all day. we had about 3 mintues of sun this morning, then the rain/mist started again... did that for about 7 hrs. It is very raw out there.

DH took me out to dinner.
We have a new chinese buffet in town... it replaced an older one that was there about 15 yrs.
this place is much better... they renovated it, and it's really nice... food is a better quality too.
we were there last Friday -- it was my choice [we took all the kids out for dinner] and Dh said I made good choice.
I did not over eat like i did last week.

somewhere, PA

Woo Hoo Debbie! That would have been awful to make two trips so close to each other.
And we have zoned heat so its just the master bedroom. Well.actually the living room too 'cause they didn't connect the thermostat yet. But its to be 65 deg tomorrow and if its sunny, it'll get warm in the house.

Loretta - do you like the new guy or is it too soon to tell? It seems like his sense of humor will fit right in.

I had a really nice lunch out. The food was wonderful! And it was nice to see the girls. The one was my next door neighbor. She's a bit older than me and her husband is in his 80s. He's got Alzheimer's and it sounds like its pretty far advanced. I think she really appreciated getting out of the house & with people she could talk to.

Tam

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

Where is everyone?

Tam

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Good Morning, I was asleep earlier. hehe Kind of a dreary day here.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

we have snow flurries.... what's up with that??

Ham is in the oven and i'm on my second cup of coffee....

Lyndonville, NY

Dreary and draggin here too....

I just now sat down with my coffee

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Debbie -- who is the Black one? frankie??

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! Back later!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.