weather at the barn #14

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL!! Gotta love the drama queens!!

South Hamilton, MA

jumper's vet says strangles is the one that horses usually object to. He was surprised that 'alice' didn't make a fuss about hers this spring. If they are showing in Ohio, they need it.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

the horses object to stuff up their nose. we have younger horses in the barn, so the owner requires the strangles vaccine if we are showing. I think the youngest is about 8 yrs.

Richmond, TX

We got about 2" of rain this morning - pretty much all at once. It was as dark as night at 10:30 AM; streets flooded, there was also hail mixed in. More is expected tonight or tomorrow! Whoop-whoop!

South Hamilton, MA

hold on against the floods. It should help the hay & pasture situation..

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

58 and rainy today

61 and gusty winds. Full on sunshine too. I think I may have a sunburn on my head. So used to cold and dreary I didn't think to grab my hat for work today.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

got up to 80 yesterday and today.

We were in mid 80s yesterday and today we may have reached 80 but more likely stayed in the high 70s. Felt so nice!!

Richmond, TX

86, humid, and mosquitoes!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

sorry to hear about the mosquitoes

Richmond, TX

Yes, right now there are enough of them to count as weather or at least ambiance. We normally don't have this many; it is just because of the recent, welcome rain.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

unfortunately they are a side effect of rain. glad you got rain.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

78 and a north breeze off the Lake. makes it feel cooler.
no triple crown this year:(

81, humid and slightly breezy. Preparing for some major storms tomorrow and Monday.

Richmond, TX

No tornadoes I hope!

92, mostly sunny, humid, almost enough wind to deter the mosquitoes...

Only in Kansas and Olkahoma so far. Roation in city but not here. Hail not happening either. Just major winds causing major damage everywhere.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

83 and sunny. hope the tornados stay away, Pepper
Alice didn't like a horse she went out with the other day. they got a few kicks in before they settled down. she has a small cut and some missing hair on both hind legs. no heat, which is good.

No tornadoes here last night but today there was one that was about an hour southeast of us. It wasn't a strong one though and couldn't hold itself together. We did have some major winds last night but that pretty much was it except for wind. I don't think we even got the hail that was predicted.

South Hamilton, MA

please take care, Pepper

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

90 today. a little warmer than usual for May.

Richmond, TX

Here too - but normal for us.

Never left the 70s today. Pretty cool out. Not complaining though!!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

tomorrow calling for 82, then alot cooler, 60's and 70's.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

only got up to 46 today

Richmond, TX

88 and humid for the past several days. The horses are too wet and sticky to groom, I've either been rinsing them off or riding them dirty (!)

Low 70s, sunny and at times windy.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

hit 85 today. therapy classes start today. DD and I volunteer on tues. we had training all month.

Rain, rain and rain. Highs in high 60s. Same thing tomorrow.

Oh and enjoy the therapy classes! My mom and i did that one year except we just got the horses groomed and tacked so the owners could eat a quick dinner. Otherwise they wouldn't get dinner.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

thanks, Pepper. DD worked at a camp doing this last summer. this is my first time. I can't wait!

Torrential rains this morning, alot of bad flooding this morning but drying out now.

Olkahoma getting hit pretty hard right now. Several tornadoes and one is hitting Moore now.

Richmond, TX

Oh no!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

they don't need that again.

we got lots of rain late yesterday and last night.

Wow, what alot of tornadoes last night!! St. Louis got hit pretty good too. I'm really, really gald that they avoided my area.

Today was a pretty nice day. Highs in the high 60s and mostly sunny til late afternoon when clouds rolled in with some sprinkles.

Richmond, TX

All these tornadoes are scarey; I'm glad they missed you again.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

glad the tornados missed you

68 and sunny today

62 and sunny. Took forever tp reach that point. lol

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

78 and sunny. DD rode Alice outside and I rode a little too. the outdoor arena is crushed stone, so I'm putting shoes on her tomorrow. she is tenderfoooted on the stuff.

Richmond, TX

We had thunder storms this weekend. Yesterday all we got was thunder, but today we got some rain too. 90 both days.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images