How was your day? #384

somewhere, PA

Please pull up a chair and join us for a while. Or at least give Truffles a nice belly rub. :-)

We're all friendly & pet lovers!

Thumbnail by Tammy
Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Tammy, thanks for the new thread. The other one was getting very long due to all of our chatter.

I sat and read this afternoon, nodded off a couple of times, but didn't really nap. I showered and DH and I went out to eat, and the purpose of going out was to get a new prescription filled for me. Well DH had to eat first and by the time we got to the pharmacy, they were closed. Will have to get out and go on Monday.

Bonnie, I have been thinking about the Dr and them (he/she) calling the police. I know that they can report someone who they think shouldn't be driving due to medical issues, but I think the ultimate authority for revoking a driver's license is with the state. I am certainly not advocating you try out driving, but I am sure that for it to be legal you will/should receive a notice from the agency that regulates drivers license in your state. With your car license still being in Texas, I think it would be awhile before they unravel it and try to find you to serve you a notice. JMHO. Please don't stress over it as I am sure that as soon as your medical condition improves that you will be provided an avenue to appeal, and to get the license back.You do have to take care of yourself, and if being dependent on a personal assistant to get you around, you may end up resting and taking better care of yourself. You remind me so much of my DH, who works himself into exhaustion by doing for others. An admirable trait, but if it is compromising your health, then you need to slow down and take care of yourself. You know no one else will do that for you. I only say this out of love and concern, certainly not any criticism intended.

Tammy sounds like you got lots done outside. I had to laugh about there being no dirt or grease in your kitchen, I would imagine so, as they is absolutely nothing in your kitchen right now!

Elsie, glad that you napped with Chloe today. There is no nicer thing to do on a cool and unpleasant day.

Happytails, you too. I imagine with you being so close to the water that when the air temps cool, it is cooler there with the water all around.

Just had to give DH the "talk" about him cluttering up the house. I told him there are only two of who live here, and only one of us cleans regularly. So it is his responsibility to pick up after himself, to actually open the door to the dishwasher and put in his dirty dishes, to make sure his dirty clothes get to the laundry hamper, etc. I don't want to have to have his messes to clean up now that the house is all clean and orderly. Wonder how long that will last?

We stopped by the niece's house when we came back from eating out. She has really done lots of work on her DD's house and has had to move in more or less in the middle of the remodel. Surprisingly she has things quite organized and doesn't seem to be living out of boxes like I thought she would be.

Hopefully another week and JohnJohn will be able to go home, and he will be with her on the farm. I know he misses being there, so hope that he will feel right at home when we take him there to leave him. I am sure that I will visit him often, as the little devil has really grown on me.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I had the driving issue with my parents about 10 years ago. It was a painful ordeal, and I tried to be understanding. I have no idea what your situation is, Bonnie, but with my parents, neither of them should have been driving. I would have felt horrible if one of them had injured someone else. It was hard, but it was the right thing for them to do, giving up their driving privileges. Momma had macular degeneration, and Daddy just didn't have the judgment to continue making good decisions while driving. He also had "restless leg syndrome" and couldn't control the movement of his legs. He would jerk violently, which you can see why it would be detrimental to driving. I wish you the best of luck with the issue. I know it is very, very hard to give up that freedom. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted on what is happening.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Tam thanks for the new thread

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

New Smyrna Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

BonnieB, I wonder if they track by car tag or simply send the notice to my address. That is do they target the car or the driver or both? Since the notification comes by mail all they need is my address. Guess I will find out. I am such a dumb bunny - the reson I am nodding off is I have not been using my sleep apnea machine at night. The doc caught me off guard and had me so shocked that all that was racing through my mind was how was I going to get to the ALF to take care of my mom and deliver the payroll checks to the people sitting with her and take Swiper back to the vet and navigate between Destin and MexiconBeach when I go there next month. All that flashed by in a matter of seconds I could not think of excuses. Happytails, Tammy , Elsie , Debbie , Vicki, Sandy, Adina, tTeres, thank you all for your comments and concern . I am going to try my hardest to take the necessary measures to correct my problem. I am calming down and my sense of panic is easing as I have definitely decided to hire someone to drive for me for a few hours a couple days each week.

Going to bed now. Good night.

Bonnie

Tammy I forgot to say thanks for the mileage reimbursement rates. Thanks,

Good morning everyone

Bonnie just give a shout if you need me to come down there. Knee is doing better, keeping fingers crossed.

Sandy and Andre

Good morning, it is sunny but chilly. Need to start preparation for going to church.

Bonnie, everything always looks better in the light of day, and now that you have had a bit to digest this news, I know you will find a way to get things done. Just remember, you are not alone, we are all standing ready to help, even if it is just listening, or with words of encouragement. I can only imagine your panic when you heard that Drs pronouncement. Sending big ((((hugs))) to you, and strength to get through this.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning!

Bonnie I knew you would get on track fast and you proved me right! Good luck on finding the right person.

BonnieB hope your DH surprises you and it becomes a good habit for him.

Elsie your nap sounded perfect!

Tam when you are done can you come and help me outside? I will be so far behind when the good weather finally gets here! Thanks for the new thread. Love the belly shot.

GUESS WHAT ! IT IS SNOWING AND WHO HAS THE DAY OFF! ME! YES ME! YES I AM YELLING! It is white out there again!

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

Vicki - I would be yelling too! That's just awful. I feel so far behind but at least we finally got spring here. I don't remember ever a year when we didn't need to start mowing the grass before late Mar. My first mowing was 2 days ago.

Bonnie - Vicki said it well. I knew you'd collect yourself & get to the problem solving part. Perhaps you should sit yourself down and make a list of what you can do to improve your health and then make sure you look at it every day. Use the sleep apnea machine. Get the leg pump on as often as recommended. Eat well. Don't push yourself when you are feeling on the edge. Say no to things that put your health at risk. And I can only imagine your reaction. I would be absolutely and totally vapor locked with that news too!

Loretta - we have sun here today. But its colder. How's the weather looking for your day? Will you be able to get out to run those errands?

BonneB - I hope your DH "cleans up his act" so to speak. Its funny (kinda) that I had these long talks with DH early on about neatness. Well - he keeps almost all his clutter just to his office and his shop. Every square inch is optimized to be usable. And its me that has my stuff around. I'm not really all that messy but I do leave stuff out when I get busy and end up having to neaten my stuff up when its time to clean. I'm happy that I've been able to prune down my possessions with this reno. And it sounds like you've done the same with the house clean! I have one window that desparately needs to be cleaned and that will be my spring cleaning this year. :-)

Happytail - I meant to ask you about your avatar. Is that stained glass? Another hobby or just a favorite image?

Dianne - is spring emerging up there at all yet?

Adina - I hope you post soon. I just love seeing that smiling face of your avatar every time you post! (and hearing your news of course)

Melva - when do those roses arrive?

Debbie - how's the professor and the rest of your crew today?

Sandy - how's the knitting coming along?

~~~ to everyone. I plan to get outside again later morning. I'm so sore - forearms especially from all the pulling and shaking I suppose.

Tam

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Tammy, the avatar is a quilt. Another hobby.

somewhere, PA

I started a quilt when I was in my teens and have always wanted to get back to try again. I am so much more patient now. But I always find something else to fill my time so I guess its something to try when I am a little more patient yet or when I can convert my home office to a sewing room!

Tam

Tam I am still fighting with it. It is strange that I have not trouble controlling the yarn with my left hand when I crochet but I can not when I try to knit. I am looking for a solution.

Played with the dog, get a little done outside, and read a couple of short books---is it nap time yet???
OH and fought with the laptop.

sandy and andre

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Sandy, I know for sure that I do not knit like others. I control the yarn with my right had. I think that with the continental way to knit you have the yarn in your left hand. Try it however it works best for you.

Back from church and dinner is in the oven, finishing up. Found a container of frozen lasagna, and it sounded good to me, and quick and simple to boot. DH said he didn't sleep well last night, and I believe him, he went to sleep in church, and my elbow had to find a sensitive rib to poke him awake. Can't be too obvious, and I always hope that it doesn't startle him and he yells! Now that would be embarrasing to both of us.

Bonnie, you sound on the "up" side this morning, and I hope that you will continue that way. I know that it would throw me for a loop, but instead of an "all at once" ultimatum, I am undergoing a gradual loss of my freedom with my poor eyesight. So I know what you are going through. Either way, whether fast or slow, it still is an adjustment for us.

Tammy, you sound so eager to be outside and pulling weeds. I may make it this afternoon, as I have one bed that is just covered in creeping charlie. Need to plant the cana bulbs in that bed, so it calls for the weeds being gone.

Oven just dinged, so guess lunch is ready.

somewhere, PA

I put together a raised bed with the stones dug out when they put in the water line & then the stone steps. DH had to help with the biggest. It looks soooo much better back there. I'm gonna plant it with a few things and take a photo.

Tam

what happened to summer???? Just a couple of days ago it was in the 80's and now it is in the 60's and wet.

I think part of the problem is I can not feel the yarn on my fingers, with crocheting I can watch what that hand is doing but with the knitting I am concentrating on the needles. I also think I need to get shorter needles to start with. they are coming

Sandy and andre

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Tam, thanks for the new thread. I hope you get some rest with all the hard work.

Bonnie, I'm glad to hear that you are trying to calm down and get use to the fact that you won't be able to drive. Sending you more strength and big hugs!

Vicki, no more snow!!!!! I remember we had snow in May about 10 years ago...crazy!

Happytail, sorry for your parents ...so sad! Beautiful quilt!

Sandy, Elsie, now you got me worried...I can't remember with what hand I'm controlling the yarn when knitting...it's been a while!LOL

BonnieB, how did your DH received the "talk"? I sure hope he will respect your work and be more tidy.

I don't have good news...the last puppy, a girl, died too and I was so sad when I found her. Mom was worried when I took her puppy, ,so I left her inside the doghouse last night. Today I saw her with the puppy in her mouth going on the field where she left it. She seemed to dig...could be that she was burying her puppy? Posting some pics with the puppy and her Mom, 2 days ago.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti Thumbnail by adinamiti

Tammy you and I are on the same wave length. Yes! I resolved and actually started doing most of the very things you mentioned. The one thing I have not been able to do - yet - eat well. But I am determined to do so. Wouldn't you know I am between a rock and a hard place . Opened yesterday's mail this morning to find the registration renewal (to get a new tag) for my car which requires an emissions inspection report. It is due by the end of May. Will have to call and say I am vacationing here and ask if I can get an emissions inspection in this state to send with my online renewal. Or I will have to register the car in FL which will tell my insurance company that I no longer live in TX and they will begin charging me "empty house" insurance rates instead of "homeowners" insurance rates. Prayers. I need prayers. Vicki, Debbie, BonnieB, Elsie, thanks for the votes of confidence. Sandy you are a sweetheart. One day when you are better you and Pat can drive over and pick me up for lunch at Aunt Catfish's.

Lyndonville, NY

Adina, I am so sorry about the puppy. I wonder if the mama is sick or like you said someone kicked her and injured her babies. You did everything
possible to help.

DH and I have been working outside most of the day. We started early. Remember my huge tree they trimmed in the front, and everything died
under it (no longer shade garden). We took that garden completely out and planted grass. Weeded and moved my memorial garden around and are in the process of moving my succulant garden and planting grass around that tree. It is just always ants and thorny weeds. Can't get anything to grow there!

SO took my old antique wagon, filled with compost and dirt...and put my succulants in there. And with it being on wheels, can get pulled around the yard
when DH mows.

Now it is bad of me, but the neighbors next door were foreclosed on 2 years ago...house is empty and owned by bank. I am going over and "borrow" some
some lonely tulips....and give them a home. Is that bad? Better not say!

Be back in a bit....Izzy is "sniffing" with Nikko next door under the fence.

Debbie that is called a rescue mission.

Bonnie we will do that. I am trying to eat better also. I have been getting bottles of fruit juices at Publex

Sandy and Andre

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Sandy my favorite needles are circular needles. I bought Knit Picks Harmony needles - I love them. But the shorter needles are easier to work with than the longer ones.

Bonnie, I hope things fall into place for you.

Adina, that is a shame about the puppies.

Debbie, I hope your new garden works well for you.

Tammy, you make me tired.

The sunday paper had an insert on the northwest part of the county I live in. This would be on the way to the Delaware River. Walpack is a very, very old town. The population is 17. I knew it was small but I didn't realize it was that small.

somewhere, PA

Loretta - I make me tired too. lol

Here's the rock wall. It took Gary & I over an hour to maneuver the huge rock into place. After that, I was able to handle them on my own. (First photo, lower right corner of the wall - that is a HUGE stone that we moved up hill about 6' and got into a reasonable spot to make the raised bed work).
Two pictures of spring.

Sandy - it is SPRING until 6/21. Not summer. :-)

Bonnie - Oh lets hope your home sells quickly too and you are through with Katy all together!

Adina - so sorry for those puppies.

Debbie - cool idea! I'd love to see a photo of that wagon of plants. Sounds like a great idea. And I think the rescue mission is fine.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy Thumbnail by Tammy
Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Snow turned to rain. DS came out for a short visit. WE lounged around for awhile. Had lunch. I kind of tried to nap. We decided to go to Klinger;s since his race wasn't very good. The weather wasn't the best. But I found lots and will go back when DH isn't with me. Actually found the tomatoes I was going to start from seed. Yipee!

Got petunias, marigolds. impatiens, oh what else. Found the most wonderful petunia called Pretty Much Picasso! Pink with a green throat. Of course they were in a bigger pot and cost more but it was my splurge. Also got some Chenille plants they vine and that will be a nice change. They are not hardy here. But i was so excited when I found those petunias and not in a hanging planter!

Adina I am so sorry about the puppy and the poor mom! Give her hugs for me! So good of you to take her in. Like you wouldn't!

Tam that looks wonderful. I know all about moving big rocks. But I really like how flat yours are. Sometimes ours are just too round and hard to work with. The picture of the blooming tree looks like it was added in the picture to fill it out! LOL

Deb picture of the wagon please. I bet it felt good to work outside! I don't know how that feels yet.

Tam It might be "spring on the calendar but here the "summer" heat hit early and stays long. This is not normal weather for us.

Sandy and Andre

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Vicki, can't wait to see pictures. I guess you need Chloe to help with your napping skills.

Lyndonville, NY

I was out in a coat and froze. Was honestly too cold to be doing what we did, but the ones we had to move were still dormant and we needed to do it
quick. Will try and get pictures of the wagon soon.

Love all that work you did Tam, so pretty!

Vicki, will you keep those plants in pots inside until it warms a bit, or did you get seeds to plant?

Bonnie, you are doing the right thing. Write a list of questions and goals when you talk to the doctor, so she can't throw you off
and make you forget your own goals. Your safety and well being is the biggest priority.

I need Chloe to help...I didn't get a nap at all in 3 days, even trying!

I just might sneak off to Home Depot garden tomorrow.

Debbie

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Deb they are in the GH. I turned the heat on this week. figured it would only be for a week or so but I am thinking it might be longer. LOL

Good evening. Debbie, I agree, sometimes we are just called upon to do a rescue mission. Those poor tulips over there with nobody to admire them. You are making them feel loved! Glad you got the gardens all dug up and moved. I think the idea of the wagon is cute sounding. That way you can move them if where they are parked is not an optimal place.

Elsie, wow, that is a small town. I think at one time the little town we used to live in (Defoe) had 75 residents. I think it is way less than it was. It is a very old town and was once named Sweet Home. It was renamed for the writer Defoe, can't remember his first name. I bet Chloe can give some good napping lessons.

Adina, I am so sorry to hear about the last puppy. Sometimes they just don't get good nourishment before being born. I suspect if the mamma is a stray, she just ate whatever was available, and probably not good nourishment for the puppies development. I am sorry, but take good care of mamma, and that will probably mean spaying so that other litters won't wear her down.

Sandy, I neither knit or crochet, so no help with any tips to help you out with the knitting. I admire those who can do both crafts, but my DM didn't learn to do either, so no good teacher when I was of an age to learn. I think the weather is strange in all places. Hang on the heat will be back.

Vicki, good score on your flowers. I have yet to visit a greenhouse, and won't until it is safe to plant anything out. About two years ago I found a geranium named Martha Washington which was an unusual color, but couldn't find it last year at all. Glad you are pleased with the petunias. Try to save some seed. If they are hybrid, they will come true for the next year, but iffy after that. Usually revert to one or the other parent plants used to make the cross.

Tammy, my back is hurting just looking at that rock edged flower bed. I know that some of them were easier to move, but golly that big one looks like it needed a professional weight lifter to help with moving it. I didn't realize you were that close to the highway, but the picture with the tree, I see the highway right there. The tree is pretty, what kind is it?

Bonnie, I agree with Debbie, you were probably in such shock that you couldn't think of any questions to ask the Dr. My first one would be, if you get your health issues under control can you regain your driver's license, and does she know what all is required of you. Seems like she should have been more focused on your health, after delivering that shocking news. Did she offer any help to you in accomplishing any improvements on your health issues? What is a DO, anyway? I seem to remember that it is a kind of holistic treatment, ??

Terese evidently you made it to WI, despite the weather. Hope that you are getting settled in, and that the weather isn't bad on top of getting back to work.

Tomorrow I have an appointment for a check up with my gynocologist who found the cancer. This is the first follow up since the last surgery, and I am so hoping that everything is fine. Keep me in your thoughts.

Plan to stop by a Home Depot to get deck stain and a sealer for the exposed aggregate concrete on the front porch and sidewalk. That is always the first spring chore that I do each year. I do need to find time to get out and week out a flower bed, plant some cana bulbs, and sow some flower seeds. After the seeds germinate, I will put down a layer of preen, as creeping charlie (which wasn't there last year) is just about to take over that bed.

Lyndonville, NY

Will be there with you BonnieB, praying for good outcome and results.

I have to laugh as DH hates stuff out in the yard, yet he buys it for me for a gift. Like the large wishing well we are trying
to figure out where to put! Has to be some place he can mow around. He got the big picnic table, which weighs well over 200 lbs, and
he grumbles having to move that. No way to mow under or around, all one piece.

Vicki, I have no place to store any plants except the rickety old garage and that has no heat in it whatsoever. And inside the cat critters
will gnaw on them. I can still go have a look and plan! lol

I need to go to bed, but suddenly am wide awake. Sigh.

I have to go to the dental collage tomorrow, so I better get off this thing

Good night everyone

sandy and andre

Lyndonville, NY

Safe travels tomorrow Sandy,get some rest

Good morning, everybody must be sleeping in. I have to head to the shower and start the process of getting ready to leave.

Sunny day, so hope that I will be able to get out this afternoon and weed.

somewhere, PA

Good Morning!

I managed to sleep straight through 'til 6:15am! Wow that was nice.

Debbie - I hate having stuff in the way when I mow. Its the reason I plant so few
trees. I would put gravel or something under the picnic table and leave it in place.

BonnieB - Keeping you in my thoughts today, hoping all is healed and no more
nasty treatments! Oh, there is no highway near us. I wonder if you are seeing
the wood fence around the field behind the tree? Its a magnolia. Was a tiny
thing when we moved in 15yrs ago. 3 blooms the first year.

Sandy - hope all goes well for the trip to the dental collage.

Vicki - you will be all set to go with all those pretty plants!

Loretta - channeling peace & happy customers for you this week.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Tam

Lyndonville, NY

Sandy & BonnieB, thinking of you as you travel to doctors today.

Bonnie, I hope you have a good day and can implement a plan for you.

I am trying to get my floors cleaned and things picked up, and I know once I get on here
that shoots a few hours because I start browsing! Putting myself on a "work agenda' haha

Back later
Debbie

Nothing much today, was the last appointment with this student. We did impressions and x-rays, now I have to wait until I am assigned a new student. Hurry up and wait.
Another yucky day came home and took a nap, wake up with heart burn big time. Note to self-do not take a nap after eating at Taco Bell!!!

Sandy and Andre

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

a recap -- DH and I got up here about 10am on Friday. few flurries on the way up, and I was just watching the temperature drop... left at 39f got here and it was 35f. Think we had the gambit of snow, sleet and rain, and a dabble of sun.

I've worked every day I've been here, but anywhere from 3 - 5.5 hrs. I've caught up on a lot... nothing was filed in the past 6 months. Got the main off all ship-shape ... I'll probably take Wed or Thurs off, weather depending.

I guess today was a nice day, though i worked til dinner time -- DH grilled some Ital. sausages. Then we got the Trike and my car out of storage [we've cancelled our storage unit] and now are both sitting outside on laptops enjoying the evening [it's about 57f] with the fur kids. Supposed to rain and be about 42f tomorrow.

I read most of what was posted the past 4 days, but don't recall much... but

{{{{{ Bonnie }}}}} -- oh I bet you were fit to be tied with that DO. I'm sure things will all work out. Mostly to get yourself healthy.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

I just got back from my parents house. They are doing well. Saw my niece and her BF. We will all get together for Meadow's 3rd birthday. Doesn't seem possible she is 3. I'm pretty sure it's way past my nap time.

somewhere, PA

Loretta - I hear Chloe gives great napping lessons. :-)

Terese - glad to hear you made it safely & have things in good shape already! Dinner sounds good.

Dianne - Been thinking of you.

Tam

Good evening. Got back from Louisville about 2:30, changed clothes and DS and I headed out to put stain on our deck. Got one coat on, and the product recommends two, so will do that sometime tomorrow, weather permitting.

Have another appointment on May 6, for a biopsy again, still, etc. No visible cancer, but unless a biopsy is performed won't be sure if the cancer is gone, or still hiding in tissue.

Terese, glad you made it, and it sure sounds like you have worked really hard to get everything caught up.

Elsie, glad that you could see your parents and wow can't believe Meadow is going to be 3 yrs old. I remember the tiny little girl in the pictures.

Tammy, hope you had a nice day and was able to work despite the noise of the remodel.

Sandy, how long does it usually take to get assigned to another dental student? Well, at least impressions were done.

I am off to bed shortly. Nursing home day tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.