Spring Central TX RU April 27 pictures

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Share your pictures here everyone!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Joy feeding the donkeys...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

More pictures

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Joy heading out to get a load of manure...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

These babies were so darn cute!!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

More baby pictures.. Look at those flowers!! Just love them!!

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Everyone loved these babies... Wish I would have recorded them as they sounded so cute.. I could listen to them all day long...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

guess I forgot to attach the pictures in the last post...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Joy has all kinds of beautiful animals...

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

Feeding time..

Iola, TX(Zone 8b)

This is the last of my pictures... Thought I took more pictures of everyone... Hope someone else got some pictures and will post them...

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Looks like so much fun!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It is awesome out there, Joy, I have been curious if those triplets made it all the way...I have no pix this time...anybody else?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

It was great!!!
Stephanietx, think about coming down in the fall! Joy's place is worth the drive down!!!
Gymgirl will be there---with :Lille Mae's Greens!!!
s

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here are the few pictures that I took (along with LK!) that day. :)

(The painted buntings were a great surprise that morning!)

Love that painted bunting, I am glad I was there to see it also!
Here are a few more I took.

The fat little piggy on the way to market! Plus "Pomp and Circumstance" :)

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Careyana,
How is it you manage to never show up in the pics???!!!

I made a rendezvous with Marty yesterday. Thank you for the 4-nerve daisies and the bulbs!

And, thanks to everyone for including me in the swap!

Can't wait to see you guys next time.

P.S. I'm making more gardening friends right in my neighborhood! Can't wait for ya'll to meet at the next RU!

Hugs!

Linda, it is a doggoned skill! :) Glad you like the daisies!! (I still owe you a dmail with pictures. I'm awful slow!)

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Kitt, the trips we were worried about made it just fine and are in the pics everyone took. We had our last kid during the night. Had to make a trip to TAMU at midnight with Violet who ended up with a C-section and a gorgeous buckling that was huge. Will get a pic up later.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you! What breed do you raise Joy? I keep meaning to ask...time to go to work, drat.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

What are "trips"? Lambs or goats?

I think she is talking about triplet goats.

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, LK. I had forgotten that she had just had triplets.

Y'all are right, trips is short for triplets, Star's to be exact. She was suffering from keto acidosis late in her pregnancy and the kids were not very strong when they were born. They were the bigger three little monsters y'all were feeding. The smaller two were part of another set of trips that are a week younger.

Kitt they are Nubian dairy goats.

Here is Pinky,

Whoever got some of my pink rain lilies, here is one that is blooming this morning?

I watched a video yesterday by [email protected] He was visiting a homesteader who raises Nubian Goats for their milk. Seem's it's very rich.

They pasteurize it, then feed it back to the babies in a contraption that's really fun to watch them eat from. Actually, it's just a bucket with holes drilled in it with tubes and nipples on the outside.

Linda

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My nubian was black n tan. We used buckets w/ nips on calves 50 yrs ago. Now they teach em to drink straight from the bucket. I had wondered! Thanx Joy

Carey is in this one.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I missed being there. Good to see so many friends! Hope Joy is doin better and everyone got lots of goodies!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I had a blast as usual with all the great company and the animals were all so precious. I don't know how I missed the pig ? My granddaughter had the most wonderful time especially riding the golf cart around to get a closer look at the donkeys, cows and horse. Then feeding them she really enjoyed. David also enjoyed meeting all of you and all the plants and peace of Joy's place and company. I always feel so at home with all of you.
Joy Thanks again!!!

Sandy, the pig was in a yard as we were driving to the round up, I had to turn around so we could get pictures of it!

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Joy, this is a wonderful thing you are doing, people around your area needed a place to gather and meet and you are providing it.
Thank you for keeping the group down there together.
It sure looks like you guys had a great time, I hope one of these days I will be able to make it over to your place.
Josephine.

Josephine, love your picture, what is that plant please?

Thank you Linda, it is Everblooming Texas Sage, and it is beautiful.

LK, looks like you caught me in mid normal expression - complete confusion! :D

Josephine, we'd love to have you visit with us! I'm sure Joy could ask you tons of native plant questions that I had no idea how to answer. :)

Well, I am just thinking that it would be nice to come, but it would have to work out with time and schedules. We shall see.

I MISS you guys!!! But, so glad ya'll had a great time.

Thank you, Joy, for providing such a wonderful retreat for the body, spirit and soul!

Sure did miss you. Always glad to have everyone visit.

Oh, dear, did I remember to thank everyone for the plants? If I forgot, "THANK YOU!!!!"

For the 4-nerve daisies!
The daffodil bulbs
The basil
The rosemary, and,
The butterfly weed.

And "THANK YOU," Marty, for the courier delivery!

Hugs! ^^_^^

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.