Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi everybody.

Are there some international rescue sites for animals ? A friend of mine from Romania , rescued another dog , but since she already has 4 big ones , all rescued too, I was thinking that I would like to adopt her. Is there a way to make it happen ? There are so many abandoned dogs there that it brakes my heart.

Thanks

Regina

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I think there are but the price to ship a dog over here is high. Much better if you can donate money to a rescue site over there.

Lyndonville, NY

We have family that wanted to move their dog from Connecticut....to Hawaii. Still in the states....and the dog had to be quarantined for 3 months or
so.

If you are serious....I would call an airlines and ask them. They should know shipping procedure for international travels with dogs.

Is this Adina's new pup Minnie?

Debbie

GREAT VALLEY, NY

I think they need to be quarantined for 6 months.

Not quarantined but must have health certificate and all shots and if I remember right there are some other import papers but I might be wrong on this, was a long time ago that I looked into this

Found this info on importing a dog http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I imported a dog from Sweden years ago, at that time, he was too young for a rabies vaccination. I had to have him vet checked within 10 days and he was on house quarantine until 30 days after he received his rabies shot. . The breeder handled everything on that end, so I don't know what was involved. 10 years ago it cost about $650 to ship a puppy from Sweden.
I don't know about international airfare these days, but it cost about $800 (plus the cost of a crate) to ship an adult afghan ( about 55lbs) from Florida to Illinois last year, we had been quoted about $600 over the phone, but because he is tall, the airline insisted on a huge crate which cost over $200, and the airfare is based on size of the crate rather than weight.

If it's a possibility, look in to traveling there and bringing the dog back as excess baggage. It might actually be cheaper than cargo for the dog alone.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks everybody.
Debbie, it is Minnie but I think Adina is falling in love with her and I would not dare take her away. I am going to send some money for Adina to take her to the vet and have her fixed plus for meds to take care of fleas and other pets. She is an adorable dog and Adina is a wonderful lady to take all of the strays she finds. She needs every help she can get.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Whether you take Minnie and bring her here or help Adina with money either are a great thing to do. Either will be much appreciated. Good luck with whichever way you go.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Adina is , as I said, a wonderful person and I know how hard it is to do the right thing by abandoned animals in Romania. She is saving every animal that comes her way and I am honored to call her my friend and helping with whatever I can.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.