Is anyone a fan of reality TV?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

If so, what are your faves and why?

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Duck Dynasty and Storage Wars. I have no idea why.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I've not seen Duck Dynasty but do know that those fellas are quite wealthy from selling their duck calls. A good case for not judging the book by its cover.

Storage Wars I have seen and find it interesting. Perhaps the idea that you never know what you might find in those storage lockers. And the fact I like junkin' as well. :)

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I can't believe I even admitted to watching those. I like SWs bc I'm from that area and I like to see the "junk". The kids got me started on DD but now I get the TV to watch it. LOL. They still hand make every duck call the monotony would drive me nuts. I never cared for fascial hair but it does grow on you. (pun intended).

What shows do you watch?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

lol. Seems these shows do grow on you. I usually watch from beginning to end The Voice, Bachelor, Fashion Star. So You Think You Can Dance is hit and miss, Survivor is hit and miss, Apprentice is hit and miss as well. I really like the competition shows on Food Network: Next Food Network Star, Chopped, Iron Chef, etc. I feel like I learn something there even if I don't use most of it. Haha. A rationale for sure. It's really for the entertainment. I'm sure there are others I watch but can't think of them at the moment. That's how much impact they have, I guess.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Forgot about Shark Tank. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Quiet over here. :) Well, Next Food Network Star begins again soon. At least they are trying to help end childhood hunger on that reality network. So I'll end with a plug for that: http://www.nokidhungry.org/core-partner/23

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hells Kitchen, Master Chef, Design Star, The Bachelorette and the Bachelor

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

The Bachelorette is interesting this time. There seems to be more of serious tone to it. But it appears she may have already made her decision.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

In the previews of the final looks like she gets her heart broken...unless they edited it to make more people watch it

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

It does appear that way. But they are sneaky like that. Since she's already declared a preference, maybe they felt they had to use the reverse psychology thing.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

I recently had a couple of "the girls" at my orthodontist's office tell me about "Duck Dynasty" and that I've just GOT to watch it... maybe I should give it a try... but meanwhile, my favourite reality shows are Counting Cars, Ice Road Truckers, and Swamp People.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I watched an episode of Swamp People and got hooked for awhile. I'm not sure what's so fascinating about it, but it is. There are some real characters on that program. My favorite program on the History Channel is American Pickers. Luv that one. I also like Pawn Stars and Counting Cars. American Restoration is interesting as well. I've never seen Ice Road Truckers. That might be a good one to watch while it's so hot!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Well, phooey on this season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette. All that time and effort just to come up empty, so to speak. I may have to write that one off my list for next season. :(

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That annoyed me! I can't believe we have to wait till next week to see the conclusion

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I agree.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was pleased with the outcome of the Bachelorette. I think they will be a very happy couple.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

They do look good together and seem to be very compatible. I didn't see that it was such a "shocking" ending but that's the hype, of course. Seems the majority of the audience thought Brooks would actually return. lol. I just don't think he is ready for marriage and probably got cold feet.

So now on to Juan Pablo. Everyone seemed to be tickled pink with that choice. And such an adorable daughter he has.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Surprisingly Juan Pablo couldn't find a woman on his own, he sure had the whole audience to choose from last night ^_^

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Very true. We'll see how this goes. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Well, it's kick-off time for the new season of just about everything. I'm not sure which ones I'll follow this season. Seems like it's feast or famine.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Always American Pickers ... also Dancing With The Stars, Storage Wars, Chopped, Food Truck Race, Master Chef, and Shark Tank.

Oh, I really like Mike and Frank from American Pickers, they are really good guys! =) Now that football season has started we no longer have time for "those other shows", heeheeheee.... well, except for Top Gear! =)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

lol, speedie. We are watching the Titans this year since it's looking like they won't be nearly as dreadful as they have been the last two years. But that's usually about the only football we watch. Now NCAA basketball ... that's an entirely different story. ;)

Oh gosh, they look really strong so far this season, huh?

I am a STEELERS fan, but over-all, I really am a football fan. We get the NFL Sunday Ticket and just *have* to watch 3-5 games a week, or so.... or more. ;)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

You go, girl!

Yes, the Titans do look strong. Needless to say, it's about time! lol.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Dancing with the Stars starts next week right? I hope Snooki gets kicked off early

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, I believe it does. I see you aren't a Snookie fan. :) I'd have to say she's not my favorite either. I'm rooting for Valerie Harper for one. You never know who is going to emerge as a contender, do you. Some of them improve immensely as the season goes along and some are good right from the beginning. Makes it interesting.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Awesome talent on The Voice this season. So far, that has to be my favorite realty/competition show, hands-down.

Dancing With The Stars is good this season as well. I think Snooki is still there. lol.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was disappointed she was actually good the first week(thought I would have instantly disliked her), this week..... not so much
Obviously Bill Nye just has to go!

Very happy with who won Master Chef

I never had an opportunity to watch The Voice

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, Snooki was good the first week. Bill Nye has a lot of fans. It could take awhile for him to be eliminated.

I agree, Luca was a good choice as the winner of MC.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's the 1 thing that drives me crazy about the show...it's a DANCE competition, lets vote for the ones that can actually DANCE

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

On a side note ....Maksim Chmerkovskiy just opened a new dance studio in Northern NJ, I just may have to make a road trip!!!!

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

Has anyone watched Cutthroat Kitchen? Also like World's Worst Cooks, House Hunters, Tattoo Nightmare, Bad Ink, Ink Master. Some of those tattoos look like they should be framed and hung on a wall. I wouldn't get a tattoo (unless it's one that says "DNR") but I admire the art that they create. Also love. "Face Off ". Again, I admire the art. I find it fascinating to see how monsters are made. (Other than the ones that tear up & down the aisles at Walmart.) LOL

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I too want a Medic alert Tattoo. Just be careful. I did some reading on the legality of it and it says just putting DRN could be confused with a loved ones initials and it should be place out in open by its self. I plan to get a small Medic Alert Symbol on inner wrist with DNR on top of it and No Life Support below it so there is no mistaking my choice. I will one day once I get over being a big chicken lol.

I love all those Tattoo shows too. Really hate Josh got sent home last night. Some of the Tat's are amazing

Love Iron Chef America, The Guy & Rachael Challenges especially the new one with the kids. They are amazing. Love Cut Throat Kitchen, Chopped, Mystery Diner, Buying Alaska, Auction Hunters, Baggage Battles, Storage Wars, Storage Wars Texas, and Storage Hunters. I was disappointed when it came out that they were baiting some of the lockers on Storage Wars.

Duck Dynasty and Swamp People I am sort of burnt out on. DD First season was great, 2nd season was kind of bad and this season its like they are making things up to do for the show. Do you honestly believe that Jase would bring a stinking beaver into the house and put in the kitchen sink??? They are all big hunters & fishers. They have cleaning stations outside.

Swamp People is they same repeat after repeat. The only difference is they have gone from not cursing to a lot of cursing which removes it from your children being able to watch it

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My hubby just started watching that tattoo nightmares
How about that 1 guy blaming the letter of his old girlfriend for his 2 failed marriages? uh dude, don't think it was because of a 2" tat that you got divorced twice

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

lol. That's a good one. Anything but take responsibility for one's self and actions.

Yes, I watch Cutthroat Kitchen sometimes. Iron Chef, Mystery Diners, Restaurant Stakeout, Storage Wars - I was disappointed about the baiting too. :(

I agree about DDynasty and Swamp People. Lots and lots and lats of repetition. Same with Mountain Men.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

This season of The Voice has so much talent! Each week seems to get better and I change my mind about my favorites all the time. Of course, it's much too early at this point in time. I hope Kaley Cuoco's sister, Briana, does well on her own. She isn't my favorite, but I imagine it would be difficult to live in the shadow of a famous sibling.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

And on she goes thanks to a steal by Blake. But in addition, the talent overall is displaying noticeable growth since the mentoring began.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

And another season of The Bachelor is underway. The special showing the couples who have "made it" and are still together was lovely. And another wedding coming up "live" next Sunday night.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.