Green Shrimp plant?

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

I planted Green Shrimp (Blechum pyramidatum) in this space where False Nettle (Boehmeria cylindrica) grew last year. Various seedlings are coming up and i'm trying to identify which is the Green Shrimp. After looking at images on the internet, i am still not sure. I think the first photo above may be the False Nettle returning. I am hoping the second photo above is Green Shrimp? What do you think? Thank you.

Thumbnail by vitrsna Thumbnail by vitrsna
Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

The seedling on your right (2nd photo) is the Green Shrimp plant.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That is difficult ,, only the Green Shrimp plant has those round mint looking leaves , good pic of a difficulty ! .

Kissimmee, FL

I am pretty certain your nettles is the other photo.

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

As i say in my post above, the 2nd photo is the green shrimp plant. The leaves do not have teeth. The first plant is boehmeria cylindrica (False Nettle) coming back after last year (host for the Red Admiral). I know this because i let them both grow up. Actually i have removed them from my garden to replace with Red Shrimp Plant (Justicia brandegeeana) which is the plant i really wanted but couldn't get my hands on until quite recently...a gift from a blessed gardener from Louisiana along with Odontonema callistachyum (Mexican Firespike). Both the Shrimp Plant (which will attract Malachites, Peacocks, and Buckeyes as a host) and also the Firespike (nectar, not a host as far as i know) couldn't wait to germinate...they almost jumped out of their seed coats. The Justicia i transplanted just a couple of days ago and the Odontonema is waiting until i can prepare the space where it will grow. Thanks for your comments Juhur and Viceroy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.