Mushroom shaped turbine fan

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Sorry I don't know to do pic. Has anyone ever made any kind of treasure out of one of the above named???
I have searched the internet and unable to find what I thought I saw, which I don't remember what it had been made into. What can I say???? I'm a senior citizen. Any ideas or thoughts would be so much appreciated. I just know if I throw it away I'll wish I hadn't....I'm sure lots of you have been there and done that!!
May God bless you all dear DG peeps!!!

Sylvia, in Hemet, CA

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

There is a website called DTvintagefans.org...went on bing.com instead of Google and found it...they list by company..so would be really good to check it out.,

This message was edited Jun 7, 2013 12:01 AM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here's an old thread on this topic. I don't know if it has what you're thinking of. :)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293991/

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Good luck with your turbine, Sylvia, I think David of DeLand did a wonderful job with his, but maybe not what you are looking for. Mighty big mushroom though. LOL

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

thanks Motts for the dtvintagefans web site. Unfortunately they do not have ideas for repurposing :(
Cville , your link got my ideas flowing a little more, very helpful, thanks!

Peggy, first how's your DH?? Also what did David do with his?
God bless you all,
Sylvia

Sylvia, DH just had his second round of chemo and it makes him so weak, but his PSA is coming down so that is good. I put him on Ensure to help him out. David painted his turbine and put it on top of a gate into his garden area. It looks good but may not be what you are looking for.

God Bless

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

David's turbine http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293991/

Mesilla Park, NM

I just saw this and this is what I did with mine. I used tin snips and made angle cuts that made the cuts look like little points that you can curl upbwith pliers, I did that all around, then, you can spray paint it green and it becomes a giant barrel cactus. You can then stake it down with a rebar so it won't bow away.. I wish I could find a couple more of these metal turbines..

I hope you don't mind me chimming in..

Antoinette

P.s. I used to live right near you, in Moreno Valley on the Perry's lake side before we moved here...

This message was edited Jun 8, 2013 10:30 PM

I really like Gourd's idea. I can just see that big old barrel cactus sitting in your yard now, Sylvia.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Antionette....................Love your chiming in although it is hard for me to picture what you did with your turbine fan. do you do pics??? I lived in Mo Val for @ 8 yrs near Indian St. You must mean Perris Lake.
I now live in Hemet in the country and love it so much. Lots of trees and birds.
God Bless,
Sylvia

P.S. Pegi...glad to hear your Dh's PSA is down. How's he donin with our Lord, maybe he does not talk @ that much. Praying for you.
Love ya,
Sylvia

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi there,
I also loved Hemet, I did mean Perris Lake, the computer thinks it is fixing my spelling and sometimes I don't catch what it substitutes in there. I wish that feature was not in the systems.

I lived on Oliver st right off of Alessandro st. Near the lake and between the two hospitals there.

Ill take photos tomorrow of what i am talking about.

Antoinette

Thousand Oaks, CA(Zone 10a)

Gourd (and anyone else for that matter),

It appears you have Auto Correct checked in the ON box. To Remove this 'feature' you will need to:
 Open Word
o then under Tools
 find Auto Correct Options
a Auto Correct sheet comes up on your screen
On the bottom of that sheet, it there is a
 Automatically use suggestions from Spell Checker.......if this feature is ON, it will be checked. To remove this feature, Uncheck it.

Hope this helps. When I worked in an office, it was amazing what this feature would do to peoples names, some were not very nice.

Oh, silly me, I just realized that DG may not use the features from Word. In that case, Duh, I'm lost.
Sue

Sue

Mesilla Park, NM

Here are two photos, one shows the aviator tin snips that will cut this metal like cutting butter... Mbe sure to use gloves. It is easier than you think it would be. Just takes time. Then, spray green.. I want to make a few more. Post photos when you are done, and I will also. I need to spray mine. Here is my barrel cactus in the beginning.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

My iPad is correcting my stuff. Thank you Sue..

I guess there were three photos..sorry about that,,

I didn't imagine it quit that way Gourd, but similar to it. It will make a great cactus. Do you plan on putting something on the top? Well, looks like Sylvia will own a turbine cactus too.
A couple of years ago we put a turbine on our garage, they don't come cheap either. One day I may find an old to to experiment on. Anxious to see the cactus when finished.

Sylvia, don't think DH is talking to the Lord, but I am hoping one day he will see the wonderful things He has done. He is feeling better now, but on the 25th he has another chemo treatment and the yuckies will hit him again.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

I like your idea Gourd, however I'm not really into cactus, thanks anyway. Love David's idea however I do not have a fence that size to put it on. Still obsessing on what to do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.