Accessorize navy blue and white polka dot shift

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Looking for advice wearing this to a wedding in July.
Would orange slip on sandals work? no collar on dress so what kind/color necklace? I do not want matchy look.
thank you.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

do you have a picture of the dress?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I have been out of town.
Maybe will try to post a photo

thanks

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

this is very similar but my dress has short sleeves straight skirt linen blend

Thumbnail by anastatia
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hot pink, red, yellow or orange accessories would work. It's a happy'fun occasion so wouldn't go subdued white or neutral

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

It's just me, but I'd accessorize this with black shoes/sandles, and pearl earrings and necklace.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

black shoes with a navy blue dress???

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Yes - very classy look.

Virginia Beach, VA

I would go for gold or blue pumps 2-3 inch heels or platform wedge sling back or sandal . platform wedge will look good. Try to get a press cork if you can. No black with blue for me.

Just my style...Belle

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

flirty strappy sandals in silver would look great too

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i would do white, strappy sandals and a "pop of color" clutch in any of the colors mentioned.
i would stick with studs and a bracelet, no necklace.
just remember if you wear a shoe that shows your feet/toes, don't forget a good pedicure (polish could match the clutch) and whatever you do--NO stockings.
keep your fingernail polish either clear or faint ballet pink.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Thanks t-i-s. Why no necklace?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think it would compete too much with the polka dots.
in re-reading my post above, i think i would change the white strappy sandals for navy. you never want to be matchy-matchy with shoes and purse and outfit but sometimes white will draw attention to your feet more. navy or black, as kay suggested, would be prefectly acceptable. i love navy & black together.
my final answer is navy shoes with a green or pink clutch or small strap/chain over shoulder purse. if you did pink, you could coordinate the pink polish throughout.
i can see it perfectly in my head!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I agree, white shoes bring attention to feet.

Navy w/ black? I imagine patent leather but are you talking otherwise?
I wish I had an imagination for accessorizing .

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

for summer, patent leather is perfect. navy leather would be even nicer, i think.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

all depends on where they are having the reception fun and flirty or classic

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i think be yourself. you can be fun and classic at the same time. all eyes will be on the bride.
i wore a navy silk/linen blend dress with polka dots to a wedding last year. i wore black leather pointy toe flats with a black & white clutch....and diamond studs.
don't forget if it's a catholic wedding (or maybe any denomination) to bring a small throw/jacket/sweater for the church. bare shoulders in church is not in good taste.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.