Fitting that will connect garden hose to kitchen sink faucet

Arlington, VA

What is a good fitting and where can I get it? My balcony (7'X14') is about 20 feet from the kitchen and I want to fit a connector to the tap so I can connect a garden hose to it and spray and water my plants and veggies on the balcony.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

I would think Lowe's or Home Depot or any good hardware store would carry them.

This second link shows a picture of one with a price from Amazon!

This message was edited Jun 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Ayrshire Scotland, United Kingdom

Any of the hardware stores should be able to help you out as this type of fitting is quite common, BUT, make sure it is a fitting that you can also screw onto your tap so it wont be easy to slip off, when that fitting falls OFF the tap, believe me it will empty all the water in the hose all over your kitchen floor, what I had to do many years ago in your same situation was add a string / rope / chain or something like that placed on the hosepipe and can be tied around the tap to prevent it falling onto the floor IF you use too strong a flow of water, add the extra tie as a secondary safety precaution.

Hope this helps you out. Best Regards. WeeNel.

Opp, AL(Zone 8b)

Agreed, just ask at the hardware store, they will help you find this. You may want a splitter, either at the level where the water exits the spout, or under the cabinet, so you don't have to undo/replace the regular flow each time, just attach the hose or even use splitter with a lever to regulate which flow is active at different times.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.