Old plastic framed mirrors from the 70's on the side of ?

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

....An old shed or a house!

The first picture is a splice of the same shed in one picture, showing how effective these old mirrors look on the side of a metal shed that has been painted interestingly. Adding wood shutters and a wooden planter box finished the look!

The mirrors were thrown out to the roadside. Love a great find for free!

David

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Once again you did a superb job of repurposing something(s) that looks fantastic !
That plastic stuff from the '70's really does fit well into gardens when done the way you have.
Great job.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Great idea and great execution. Thanks!

Newark, DE

David - you always come up great ideas! Love them!!!

Debbie

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Looks awesome!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I would have never thought of that how nice it looks.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

David ~ you are the real treasure here. I just admire your clever ideas and reuse of mundane items. Fun to follow your posts. Thanks, Kristi

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Beautiful, as always, David!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I was sure that I had responded in the past to many of your kind words on this fairly simple project, yet it seems to be missing now?

Every single one of your comments has been appreciated very much by me.

Keep watching those trash days in your locales. Someone is always throwing a treasure away!

Thank you again, from JasperDale right on down to Kay. All of you.

Debbie, I'll bet you found a lot of cool stuff to work with in your decluttering phase! I need to work harder at that too!

David

Newark, DE

David I wish.....

I was out pulling some mighty big morning glory vines from my big cedar tree. I thought it was going well until the vine really started fighting back. Rocky Balboa I'm not. The vine broke, then so did I. When the vine broke, the tension worked like a rubber band, I guess. I heard and felt my right knee pop, which threw me to the ground. Bad enough, right? Nope. Dummy me tried to catch myself with my right, and dominate, hand. I heard and felt it snap and from the Frankenstein twist in it, it was clearly both arm bones. Both wrist and knee injured, I couldn't even get up. So I just kept screaming until DH heard me. He had just got comfortable on the couch, recuperating from his back surgery a few months ago. A few more minutes and he would have been asleep!

Anyway, a trip to the ER showed I broke the end off the ulna (smaller forearm bone), but shattered the larger one, (the radial). I saw the orthopedic surgeon in 2 days, but the soonest he could get me in for surgery was a week later. I can honestly say, I don't know how many screws it took to put the puzzle pieces back, but it hurt worse than when I broke it. The surgeon told DH this was a very painful operation. He was right. It was worse than either of my knee surgeries or even a complete abdominal hysterectomy. For several days, the pain was so bad I was nauseated constantly and strong pain pills never told it anything. Swelling is starting to subside and pain pills are finally doing something so I am pecking the keyboard with one finger on my left hand

I started physical therapy yesterday and it went okay. They actually took the cast thing I had on, off! They custom molded one to fit that I can remove. In fact, I have to because I have exercises I need to do 3-4 times a day, to increase range of motion. The constant moving of the joints will also keep scar tissue from growing, which can limit mobility too. Now if it had broken where there are no joints, they could have splinted it with a cast until the bone grows together and done. I was not that lucky. I got the painful kindů.lucky me. I also have P.T. 3 x a week.

I am going back to the surgeon this afternoon. I assume he'll be removing the stitches, since surgery was a week ago. One down and 5 more to go.

The knee that popped was my bad one anyway, so I just wear my old brace when I am up. I suppose by the time my wrist heals I'll know if the knee needs more attention.

Needless to say all gardening has stopped. As far as de-cluttering all I can do is look at it. AAARRRRGGGG!!!! Hey, at least when I get to when I can do anything, I'll have a fair idea of what goes where.LOL

Good to hear you summer is going better.

Debbie

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Debbie good to hear from you. You are really missed. Ruby has let us all know about the injury and we sure do hope you will be on the mend and feeling better soon. Those bad breaks sure can take a long time to heal.

Newark, DE

Hi Holly!!!!

Me..... missed?...Wow!

I ventured a walk outside yesterday before PT and the daylilly you gave has 3-4 stems with a few buds on each. It wasn't marked, and you didn't remember so color will be a surprise. From what I can see it looks dark -maybe a dark red or purple? They may not even come in that color but we'll see. It got planted before my mishap. Luckily, almost all did after I had made beds for them. I never got the edging in and I want to get some mulch around them to finish the beds. I'll try to catch Dan (Dave's son) and get him to help me finish them out. I have some buds in the Shasta Daisy from Ruby too. So, I guess this gardening thing I did right - or at least okay. Though I should have found another way to get rid of vines. LOL

Ruby is such a sweet lady. She checks in on me and I have called her a couple times because typing isn't easy. As busy as she is with getting her store up and ready to open this weekend, she's found time for me. Awesome to have someone who cares about me. I'm not used to that. Thank you for your kind words too.

Time to get ready to go see the surgeon.......

Debbie

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I am wishing you better times soon Debbie. I am not checking in on DG much these days and am moving in other directions.

All the best your way!

David

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

As always, I love your creations! We have an annual free day at the dump and after talking to one my friends who helps with the county, I'm hoping to be THERE next year to rescue great finds!

new york, United States

[deleted by admin]

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Good grief... I have not seen these letters posted publicly, I'll be sending a note to Admin.

Mesilla Park, NM

From afar they look like windows, before opening the photo.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

I have a plastic frame like that, but no mirror was in it when I found it. I sure do like that idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.