Positive thoughts, affirmations, and prayers for Jeremy

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

My buddy Jeremy is having surgery today. July 2, 2013.
Please hold him in your heart today.
I'll post again and let you know how he is doing as soon as I get word.
Sidney

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Sidney. I knew he must be ill, as he hasn't dmailed me in a while. I dmailed him a couple of months ago and got no response. I hope Christina is able to be with him during this difficult time. Prayers will be said for both he and Christina.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I will pray for him. Please keep us posted.

thanks.
Sylvain.

Christina called last evening to say Jeremy was resting comfortably following yesterday's successful surgery. He's expected to be in the hospital through the weekend. The mass was removed; some additional cancer cells were found and removed. Everything was working well; he's hungry (after a month of only liquids and smoothies) and eager for solid food.
Sounds like he's doing well. As time goes I think he will be back.
Sidney

Thanks for the update - will continue to pray for him and Christina.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much for your updates. So glad they got the mass out and he is on the road to feeling well again. Its been a log 'pull', thats for sure.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Will keep Jeremy in my prayers, also his wife. He has had a tough row to hoe.
Sydney,
please tell him we are all praying for him and for a speedy recovery. Having good health is the greatest blessing there is.
Thank you for keeping us informed.
Bonnie

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Forgive the spelling only have 1 eye working well. I'll try not to do it again. SIDNEY
Bonnie

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Forgive me for missing this post to begin with. I'm glad the surgery went well and being hungry a good sign. Poor guy has been through so much, but he is a fighter. I'll keep him in my prayers. I hope to see him back here again real soon with all his wonderful plant knowledge.
Thank you Sidney for the updates.
-Sherri

Bwahahaha, Bonnie.
Jeremy is coming home tomorrrow!! He had solid food today for the first time in weeks and tubes are coming out. Doctor said he is recovering wonderfully and he was able to walk the 3rd floor today. Thank you all for the love and support....it's meant a lot. Peace and love back at ya!!
This was posted on Jeremy's FB page by Christina about an hour ago.
Sidney

Oh, boy - now, Christina's trials begin - we all know how a man recovering from just a scratch acts - Jeremy has had major surgery - behave, our Friend! Your wife deserves a model patient as you recover, ya know! We love both of you!!!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

LOLOL
I have a feeling since Jeremy went all over town with an IV pole, on a city bus, he will do fine.

Not sure what and where his tubes were. I remember when I had open heart surgery, and they finally took the tubes out, the Dr. kept saying..Pump your morphine pump..pump pump pump. I was like just pull it now and pull it fast, Ill hold my breath. I hated that morphine. I know he is glad that is behind him and he now 'free'. Going home day is so exciting.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Good to hear he is going HOME. :)

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

This message was edited Jul 11, 2013 7:31 AM

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I know Jeremy is going to really enjoy seeing your stuff David. I sure hope he can get on at some point to see it. Those mini gardens are really going to 'get' him.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Best cure after surgery is going home to familiar surroundings. Here's hoping Jeremy will heal up and be in much better health.
I miss his articulate, lengthy writings.
Bonnie

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Have had Jeremy in my prayers and keep updated with his progress on Facebook.

He has been through so much, and it is so good to hear some good news from Christina.

Kay, can you relay the good news for those of us not on Facebook, please.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Quote from KayJones :
Kay, can you relay the good news for those of us not on Facebook, please.

Jeremy posted yesterday that he finally feels for the first time in 10 months that he is on an upward swing toward restoration of health and happiness and that the prayers and reassurance of friends are part of his strategy for staying alive.

He is always so gracious even in this difficult ordeal! He truly amazes me!

Jeremy continues to be on my prayer list!!

Thanks for keeping us informed - I am always praying for Jeremy and Christina.

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

I think about you a lot Jeremy- you're such a well-rounded great guy! Please have a speedy recovery!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I won't leave Garden Glory hanging out there without a message above it to make since of hers. It seemed cold and self-centered.
Replacing my comments here on this same thread from last night in possibly a less mean and selfcentered way.......:

With all the respect and attention Jeremy, and now Christina being mentioned recently, have garnered with prayer requests and such from a newcomers viewpoint, and whom complied and did pray;..I find it odd to hear,... that whoever is sending messages out to FB has the ability to talk on FB yet not respond at least once on this thread (or another on the subject.) here on DG in answer?

I believe that is ungracious if in fact its true. Sick or not.

David

This message was edited Jul 11, 2013 7:30 AM

This message was edited Jul 11, 2013 8:03 PM

This message was edited Jul 11, 2013 8:06 PM

This message was edited Jul 11, 2013 8:11 PM

This message was edited Jul 12, 2013 5:25 AM

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

That very kind of you to have offered your prayers.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2013 1:46 PM

This message was edited Jul 15, 2013 10:08 AM

Indian Harbour Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I have been away, and my iPad didn't work. That said, I too wish Jeremy a speedy recovery and join in all the good wishes being sent his way.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Jeremy would like all DGers to know that he appreciates all of your prayers for his health and well-being.

He has asked me to also tell you that he feels huge pangs of guilt for not checking in DG, but with F/B, he has contact with his closest family and friends and can stay current with life situations.

It becomes somewhat overwhelming to check in at any other websites just from a standpoint of time and energy, but he will make a more focused effort to drop in to the Florida Forum on a more regular basis.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

You tell Jeremy to not feel one bit guilty. Him getting better is all any of us want.

What Gardenglory said - same goes for me - you tell our dear friend to take care of himself!

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm on my way over there now, and I will most certainly tell him!. Jeremy is so selfless that he actually feels guilt for not posting here!

He is one of a kind, to be sure!

Give him a hug from me, please!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Wonderful to hear that Jeremy is doing so much better. I will continue prayers for him.

Got my new glasses yesterday and am seeing the world in a whole new lite. The anti-glare feature on both sun shades and reading glasses is just wonderful. My fish even look brighter. So glad all that
cataract suregery and eye drops is behind me. Still have to use lubricant but heck thats nothing.
Hope all gardners are doing well and hold up during this heat we are having.
Bonnie

Bonnie, all is well here! Glad you are doing o.k. The boys and I are headed out to Kansas City for a week - meeting their dad there - we are so excited!!!

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Kay
Enjoy your trip and don't carry any plants home. LOL

No, I won't!!! Thanks for the good wishes.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Called and talked to Jeremy a while ago. Sounds very weak. Said he has to go in hyperbaric chamber every day for 90 mins. for about 9 weeks and it saps his strength.
I told him we will all keep praying for him. Chamber is supposed to speed recovery due to pure oxygen in it.
Lord be with him.
Bonnie

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

Ive never heard of that. It must be 'trying'. Doing anything, even something fun, for nine weeks in a row is daunting. Also, laying still for 90 minutes at a time seems torture in and of itself.
Im coming unglued over a heart cath., before surgery. Makes me feel silly.
Best wishes and prayers sent his way.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for the news, Bonnie. I have seen people undergoing hyperbaric treatments before. It's not painful per se. You sit in a sealed capsule and they increase the inside pressure by injecting oxygen into it. For me, it would be the fact that I am totally enclosed into what is basically the equivalent of a pressure cooker. And when the treatment is done, they have to decrease the pressure very gradually to the outside pressure so you can get out. I am not claustrophobic, but that would drive me nuts. All my best wishes and prayers for his speedy and effective recovery.

Sylvain.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Sylvain,
I am HIGHLY claustrophobic so it would not be an option for me. Just looking at an MRI mach. once did it for me. I ran out of theroom and went straight to my car and left. Jeremy said he fell asleep once in it so I thought thats wonderful.
Keep up the prayers all I know he appreciates them.
Bonnie

Everglades, FL(Zone 10a)

I hear the that chamber is very noisy too. From having frequent pet scans, I have learned to ask for music or if I can wear a headset. It isn't quite so unnerving. I bet the control booth hears me singing away! Jeremy is awesome and has such a great attitude- I think he will be able to psyche himself out in a good way and get thru all this.

Last week Jeremy wrote 6 paragraphs to respond to a simple question, so he is going to be just fine!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

LOLOLOLOL Yep, thats Jeremy. I guess I need to get on facebook and hunt him down

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.