Is everyone on vacation or washed out

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Never seen it quiet here this many days.
I have Amyrilis<-msp seeds if anyone is interested
Lavina

This message was edited Jul 6, 2013 8:57 PM

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

LOL, saw your post. I was wondering the same thing. Suppose a lot of people took 4 day weekends??

edited to add: It's been a long time since I worked but just remembered that come January and the new calendars, people look at every holiday and decide what vacation days they are going to ask for right off the bat as early as they can. Get theirs in first.

And I was always so surprised to see them all hit my desk at once. Almost like they should have put time clocks on them to tell who got theirs in first. LOL But, I can't remember ever being in one of those positions. I always liked my work so never thought like that. Weird I was.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2013 6:52 PM

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I don't know but some of the forums have gotten real quiet.
And this one usually has lots of activity so I got worried. And its supposed to start raining again Tuesday. My yard is mush. But I am not having to water my plants LOL
Up the Neuse they are expecting flooding hope it passes us by as it goes into the sound.
Lavina

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

And I can't edit my 1st thread for some reason
I have amyrilis seeds if anyone is interested
lavina

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

The rain has stopped here, so I've had to start watering again. ;(
Nearly everything is in bloom including my big crape myrtle that is finally looking good. I've had it for several years, but didn't take care of it properly when I first put it in, so it hasn't performed the way it should. Hopefully it will from now on.
Barb

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

The rain drowned all my roses and my yard has finally stopped feeling like a bog when I walk on it .. now more rain is expected .. lots of more rain. All of my tropicals like the gingers, elephant ears and banana are in heaven with all this rain. I'm almost liking it because I don't have to spend over an hour hand watering things .. but like you Barb, since it hasn't rained since last Wednesday I'm back to hand watering again.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Aaaaand....it rained heavily again this morning and is supposed to continue on and off thru tomorrow.
Barb

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Been gone for two weeks - a boat trip on the Erie Canal with the Captain and 18 year old granddaughter. What fun! Lots of rain in upstate NY where we were, and lots of rain at home in New Bern while we were gone. Our pet sitter said at one point spots in the garden were ankle deep in water. Everything looks lush and green - only lost one plant, a Proven Winners cascading petunia in a deck pot. The tomatoes, however, look terrible and they are in a low spot in a side bed so probably got drowned. More rain the next three days, and glad to be home.
PS - in NY drove by Amish gardens that were spectacular, and many had produce stands along the highway.
Entlie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.