SUMMER 2013 #2

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jo, love that pink and purple combo too. How much do you have to pay for smilebox?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have the Smile club membership level so I didnt send albums with ads.
Its around $30.00 a year.
I use it for cards and invites too not just flower images.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That's worth it if you send enough cards and invites ;)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes: For albums I like the Facebook program,many people I sent Smilebox flower albums couldnt open the link.If you have ann old computer it is a problem opening SB.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Jo and Celeste!

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Smilebox can hijack your computer. Google it, I got malware with it. Big Problem! Big $$$ to solve!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WOW.

Thomaston, CT

Good grief....can't trust anything any more!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

not on facebook so could not see the pics

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Bill, I didnt know that was a requirment.Guess I'll keep Smilebox then.
I did "oversend" albums in the past.
Too much enthusiasm over the garden.The list of friends is about 30 .I have a Garden Party here in late June.This year there were about 20 people.
Later in the week a couple of them called and confessed they missed the party because they had been used to deleting the mail from me if they didnt have time to look a yet another album from Jo Ann

.I got the message.When I related the tale to DD,she just looked out of the tops of her eyes and I got a "harrumph"
I am pickier about the number of photos I keep and send.
Good thing Daves allows only 5 at a time,it makes me more selective.

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

I am on Facebook and I couldn't see the pictures with the first link. I think it's because I don't leave myself logged in. The second link worked great though. Very nice photos. BIll you should try the second one.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I wonder if I forgot to choose Public.

Yours worked for me, I was referring to Pixies, not sure if Bill was or not.

Question? Does anyone know how to tell the leaves between morning glories and moonflowers apart? I planted what I thought were Moonflower seeds and Cardinal Flower seeds. The plants seemed very vigorous for moonflowers and now I have regular Grandpa Otis Morning Glories! Ugh! I know I had some Moonflower seeds because the seeds are big and tan not small and black like the Cardinal Flower seeds. They were from a seed swap a long time ago, so most likely the person accidentally mixed Grandpa Otts and Cardinal Climber seeds together because I have some Cardinal Vines, they are easy to tell with their funky leaves.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Meredith, this site is great you can check out seedling leaves to see what they look like
http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings.html

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

For me, moonflower leaves look like MG leaves on steroids. Hard to tell the difference in seedlings at first, but once they get going in the garden, they are much, much bigger.

These have gotten going! lol I'll have to get a pic. They are as tall as me though.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Moonflower (Datura) or moonflower vine? I have both growing now. Camera is charging.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Sorry Bill, im working on an alternative. :)

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

With the difficulty I have been having seeing the posts, I was debating whether to renew when my notice arrived. I decided to be honest with Terry and Melody and tell them I just wasn't sure I wanted to hang on, having to read with a magnifier. As busy and frustrated as they must be, I got a very kind and thorough explanation from Terry right away. That is impressive to me, so I will be renewing and trying harder to be patient with what they feel they need to do to keep the site current. I wanted to share with all of you my sense that they are being as responsive as they can be with their very full plates, as I know a lot of you were also feeling very frustrated.

Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook Thumbnail by DonnieBrook

I so miss the extras tab, and being ale to easily get to my tradelists and this scrolling back and forth is tiring. A few pictures from yesterday. I don't know the official name but I call them goosenecks, beautiful enough to be changed to swan necks don't you think? This Japanese iris is Royal Game. Not too many buds left to open, so the iris bloom season is coming to a close.. Thank goodness the water lilies continue to put on a colorful show.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Thomaston, CT

Hang in there, Louise....hopefully the print will get better for you....I love DL #4....name? Mittsy, another pretty JI.....mine have a few buds left......

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Nice, Jo!!

Thomaston, CT

Beautiful phlox & lily combo, Jo! Here's a DL & lily combo I like, & DL Gavin Pettit.

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

louise you did not ask permission from us to drop out!!

glad you are staying on - I have had no issues with the new set up and confused by the comments?

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Sorry, Marilyn...I forgot to name names! LoL. In order:
Riseman's Flame
(Not sure right now)
Red Rum (from Celeste)
Indian Giver
Ming Porcelain & Wild Mustangs

I love that combo & Gavin is very pretty!

Nice, Jo! You have done so much!

LOL, Bill! I'm going nowhere.....as long as I remember to pay up! hahahaha.
You aren't having trouble with the changes either because you are too young still or you have goggles for glasses. 😜

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Louise, how large is your computer screen? Mine is pretty wide so I can enlarge everything and read it OK. I am sure they have been trying to fix things, but it's two steps forward and one step back.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Also, do you hit the control and the plus key together when you see the print is suddenly smaller? That seems to fix it for me.

South Hamilton, MA

Very nice photos Jo. type is fine for reply--HATE the reading type.

I'm growing the Moonflower Vine. The leaves are just like morning glory leaves. I think I have noticed some of the leaves are slightly paler and a little different, like they are not as shiny and rougher. I am hoping because I really don't need more Grandpa OTTs MGs I have a huge clump of them growing up my arbor

Hi Louise, def. try that control key and the + button at the same time. Each time you do it, your screen should zoom in more. IT helps with small print!

South Hamilton, MA

I just did that which you suggested. I will see if it helps.

Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Louise....I will be looking for Indian Giver.....

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Rosemary! The problem is I exclusively use my ipad, and so there is no control key option. I can pinch and expand, but to see some of the teeny places, you have to keep going back and forth. No worry, I will just be patient. They are working as fast as they can.

Hi Meredith.....nice to see you posting!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Glad
Lobelia
Salmon Star
Double Pompon
Red spotted purple

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen

Beautiful butterfly on the butterfly bush!

A few of my daylilies
Rosella Sheridan, 2 of Cleo, Celtic Magic, Elegant Candy, a trio of Dad's Best White.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Patch of Honeymoon

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Wonderful blooms! Thanks for sharing them.....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice Jen, I like the lobelia.
Pretty daylilies Mitsy

South Hamilton, MA

Enjoying all the photos.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.