SUMMER 2013 #2

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Jen, your berm is stunning! That filled out very nicely...love all the colors and textures! Woohoo!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Butterflies

I haven't seen any monarchs this year, but TONS of Swallowtails
and a few Red spotted purple and a Viceroy(he won't stay still long enough for me to get his pic)

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hummingbird Moth
This was my favorite Coleus this year
DLs

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Agastache Golden Jubilee, Surprise Mini sunflower under bird feeders

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for sharing your photos, love the butterfly pics and the red coleus, wow.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Jen I had to come tell you this....I had almost sent this to you...it was on it's last year here. This is year 3 and I said if it didn't open all the way it was going to Jen's in Jersey! It is a stunning 2 toned pink but would never fully open. Finally this year it opened all the way...'Strawberry Yum'

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560

That is beautiful, glad you waited. Until I looked at my photos I didn't realize I am drawn to the apricot peachy pink tones.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Thomaston, CT

Love all the DLs! Jen, great butterfly photos! I have some pretty lilies right now....will get some photos later.....

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Jen LOVE that coleus!! What's the name?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Celeste that is so pretty!!!
Ronnie, I've been trying to locate the name on that one, will let you know

Thomaston, CT

A lot of my lilies have gone bye because of the heat, but here are a few still cheering me up.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just lovely!!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

They are all nice but the yellow one is special!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Ronnie, pretty sure it's Alabama Sunset

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Jen I'll watch for it next year!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Welcome

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Very pretty, Marilyn. I like that yellow one as well.

Not a lily but nice just the same. Downey youngster, Gazania grown from seed liberated from S Culp in Sat Bch.

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Nice downy shots, Mittsy, and the liberated gazania seedling is very pretty! Love it when you can do that! Starting seeds.....especially liberated ones.....always feel
Ike a miracle to me! Exciting after all these years still. Nice job!

South Hamilton, MA

DL 'Pumpkin Time' is still blooming. It can last through Sept some years. Saw our first golden rod (solidago) this morning. It does NOT have a wind distributed pollen. Blame the rag weed.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Neat looking Gazania

Thomaston, CT

That is a pretty gazania.....I believe the yellow DL is Blueberry Sundae....yes, I've seen goldenrod blooming also....

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

A few weekend pics

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Nice, Pam!

Oops- hit the wrong button!

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Nice Pam, love the BFs!

Great visitors Mittsy!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Had to use the flash because it got dark on that side of the house

glad and 4 o'clocks

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Beautiful pix.The patio shot is so nice and inviting.The kairne is right at home too.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I've been up in MA/NH visiting DD/DS for the past week. Although I've not enjoyed the cool & damp weather, I have been loving the plants. I've only been in FL for 18 months & do miss my northern plants.
So nice to see the purple coneflowers & all the Hosta. And the beautiful Begonias. Too humid in FL for them to do well.

I would like to bring to your attention that the Lowell Quilt Festival is next weekend, 8-10 August. www.lowellquiltfestival.org

I'm heading back to FL today & looking forward to seeing what all is blooming there.

May all your weeds shrivel & die. .............Happy Gardening.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Speaking of Lowell, I believe their big folk festival is this weekend.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I've been meaning to ask Pam, what are those very green mounded plants at the top of the garden, and some are bordering at the bottom. Looks like evergreen, maybe a boxwood, or a Japanese holly maybe? They really complete the look.

Yes, they are boxwoods. They must be dwarfs, as they were unprinted for several years after the previous owner retired to Florida and before DH bought the house. The ones at the top were pruned in M's and W's, but some of the pattern was lost when they became overgrown.

Thumbnail by Pfg
Thomaston, CT

I never noticed! The man ran a nursery, correct?

Yes, John Savage, Unusual Perennials and Alpines. He was here from the early 30's until 1970. DH came in 1978.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks. I like the shape in which they're planted very much. It seems to mimic natural.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

rebloom on Immortality

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Keep forgetting to order that one!

No reblooms for me.

Nor me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.