If you haven't visited Brookgreen Gardens, GO

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Volunteers planted 60,000 caladium bulbs throughout Brookgreen Gardens in Spring, 2013 .(http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/06/04/3520401/60000-bulbs-to-create-new-wave.html )

(Over abundace of water certainly has not harmed these gorgeous plantings. Hope you enjoy these few photost.

I encourage you to make a trip to see this place. It is truly breathtaking any time of the year!

Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet
(Zone 9a)

Just extraordinary! I love Brookgreen and couldn't agree more - everyone should visit and visit often as the plant displays change seasonally.

This photo was taken at Brookgreen a few years ago. I had to run right out and buy a red pot and a false agave, Furcraea foetida medipicta.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

OK y'all, drool!
I'm going already! ;)
Barb

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I was there two years ago and it is absolutely spectacular. The cost of admission incluldes two days and is inexpensive at any price. We did the boat tour which adds to the massive dimension of the area.

Entile

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Entlie, actually the tickets are good for 7 consecutive days; yes, the boat tour is great. Actually the whole Lowcountry tour is quiet educational.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

There's a boat tour?? Cool!
Barb

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Thanks! I didn't know it was for 7 days! Next time we do a time share in Myrtle Beach, I'm on it!
Entlie

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Some friends and I are going down to Charleston tomorrow for a paddle board race on Saturday. On the way down, we're going to visit Brookgreen. Can't wait!
Barb

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

AND...it was awesome! We wandered around for several hours. I loved the plantings (thought of you pictures several times) and the sculptures are truly wonderful. My favorites are the pig and the Cherub and Sea horse.
I'm so glad we went!
Barb

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Barb, every time we go back we find something new. I love the ideas that I get then miniaturize for my own garden.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Gessieviolet, I hope you don't mine me piggy-backing, but you have an excellent Brookgreen posting here so I wanted to share. We went to BG on New Year's Eve. This year they extended the limited Christmas season "Night of a Thousand Candles" and added Dec. 31st. It is really magic and I've included a few photos, which really don't do it justice.

Thumbnail by DebinSC Thumbnail by DebinSC Thumbnail by DebinSC
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

That looks absolutely magical.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

It was such a wonderful evening; There were musicians as well and refreshments. The candles and lights alone would have been more than enough, though- showing off the shapes of the gardens.

(Zone 9a)

Great photos Deb!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks, A!

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

DebinSC, Thanks for sharing. Anyone else who wants to add comments and photos, I certainly have no objection. This is a magical garden for sure, however, it is viewed!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.