Happy birthday Pirl!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

That sounds like it would make a great video!

Thomaston, CT

Poor Smitty! Suey hates baths, good thing she only needs a wipe down every so often.....would love to see Cliffie & the hose!

Dogs and hoses are one of the greatest outdoor experiences people can have. My kids (48 and 44) still talk about one of our dogs who couldn't get enough of watching our bearded collie trying to "bite" the water.

Sherrie In, NH(Zone 5a)

I will never forget Pirl. Was playing scrabble online and I placed the tiles. Nope Pirl is not a word. Well Pirl is a word. I got booted :-)

How cute! Sorry you got booted. I love scrabble!

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Happy Birthday!
And could you tell me what kind of lily you use for your signature picture?

TIA
LAS

Thanks, LAS. I don't use any avatar but maybe you're referring to Jen's lily at the start of this thread. I'm sure she could tell you the name of it.

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Oh, right, Pirl. Silly me. You didn't start this thread to wish you a happy birthday! :-)

FlowAjen, can you tell me the name of the lily in your first post?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

it's Honeymoon

This message was edited Aug 8, 2013 11:24 PM

Thumbnail by flowAjen

I know you're looking for a yellow lily, LAS, so here's what Honeymoon looks like here.

Thumbnail by pirl
Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Pirl, I've put myself into a "notify when back in stock" list at the only vendor I can find and have D-mailed someone who has it in trade lists. Certainly looks like it's worth a try.

It is lovely!

Albany, ME(Zone 4b)

FlowAjen and Pirl, the two photos of Honeymoon differ in the amount of white on the edges. Is this a matter of the age of the flower? Does it start out one way and end up another? I have noticed that lilies can vary a lot in color, depending on location and weather.

TIA
LAS

Mine always has a wide white rim gently going into yellow.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.