Flea Market Dresser

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

Found this dresser in a flea market and now it is a TV Stand / storage drawers for our bedroom sheets. Was a perfect find for only $7.00!

I already had the paint that I bought on clearance at Walmart for only $5.00 a gallon. I have several gallons all in soft beachy colors.

The drawer I took out is being repourposed as a storage box for under my bed. I am looking for my lost box of caster to add to the bottom of the drawer and will post pictures of it after I have finished it.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Here it is after drawer is removed and boards added to support the tv equiptment. Second picture is of my color pallet I am working with.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf Thumbnail by Mud_Elf
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Great repurpose Elfie. I love the colors. Great eye.
Patti

Thanks. I love it. Working on an old chiftrobe now it will be a more brighter green color. Then going to paint our end tables and night stands.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

REALLY nice job! I enjoy repurposing... something wonderful about giving an item a new lease on life in another form.

Englewood, FL

Great idea Elf, I never seen any thing like that, is the cable box covered with the extra drawer front ?
PS. funny TV show.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice job, Elfie. You do good work.

I will not be covering the cable box ooening as it will interfer with the signal and heat would build up. But I am thinking of possibly covering it with some type of shel fringe??

The show was a comercial for the new season of face off ,, I think.

I also picked up a baby crib for $15.00 at a yard sale it is going to be repourposed into 2 items. 1 is a magazine rack in the bathroom on top of a cube that will hold towels and other items and the rest will become a bench for the deck.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Thanks Civille, as you can tell I have not figured out what to do on the bathroom floor yet. But I am thinking to tile it and put as much insulation under the floor as possible to eep it warm in the wintet. Might even find a solar energy way to heat it too. Reaserching )that one.

After I get the vanity repainted I will upload pictures of it too. I got the vanity and shower doors off of Craigslist for free. Then found out they were painted with lead paint. So cannot sand them. I painted them and all the paint just pealed off. Sigh.... Now I have covered them in a primer and will be repainting them in the next few days. I want to make sure this stuff sticks.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf Thumbnail by Mud_Elf
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

How did you find out it was lead paint?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Elf, tile needs a VERY solid base, even a little give like in a wood base can cause it to break. I really like your crib repurpose, I need to copy your picture and put in my file for the next home. (I'm between homes at the moment, my home in Othello is up for sale and I'm staying part of the time at my Sister's because of the one hour commute to my job.)

The contractor who gave me the vanity told me about the paint. He was told by the owners that it had not been painted in 20 years, so the assumed it was lead based. Better safe than sorry he told me. I agreed. I will post a picture of the bed fter I finish it.

If I do the tile I will pit down concteyte backer board. I might just do linolium though. Just not sure yet.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

You can buy a vial of stuff at big box stores that will let you test for lead in any paint. As I recall, it's pretty cheap.

Everything I've seen indicates that most things painted before 1978 probably have lead paint on them.

Hey Darius!!!!! How are you? I have not talked to you in awhile and missed you at Amandas this year. I will check on the lead paint kit. Glad to know there is one as I am looking at all kinds of projects and really donot want to make myself any sicker than usual. I have cut out most of my meds like you recomended and use almost no pain killers!! I am using alot of vitamins and herbs now. The new doctor has me on B12 shots and I have lots more energy!!

Anyway,, so glad to see you here!!!

Thanks, Kris. We'll get together again one of these days... Goober is looking great!

I'm taking far more vitamins (including B12 shots) than meds. Magnesium seems to be a bigger deal than I thought, as 90% of us are deficient these days. My doc prescribed magnesium oxide (the cheapest kind) that turns out to be only 4% bioavailable. Instead, I'm taking a slow release magnesium chloride, and what a difference it makes in how my muscles feel!

Ask at your library for The Magnesium Miracle
http://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Miracle-Carolyn-Dean/dp/034549458X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1376239428&sr=1-1&keywords=magnesium

I will see if I can get it tomorrow thanks!!!!

Kris, I'd loan you my copy but Susan (FruitOfTheVine) has it right now. I first read a library copy, then decided I needed it in my collection so I ordered a copy from Amazon.

Humm.. Maybe I should do that too?? First I will try to see if our library has it or can get it.

Englewood, FL

Mud_elf you have a real knack for repurposing, I could fill those shelves with magazines in a hurry.

I will have to change them out every month...sigh... we have lots of magazines....lol

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Kris, I love that night stand, the color is so pretty!

This message was edited Aug 11, 2013 7:01 PM

Thanks LK!!

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 10a)

Greetings Mud_Elf -- just wanted to say that I'm inspired and impressed at your "handy woman" skills. I've found a kindred spirit! I like the idea of the magazine rack in the bathroom. After all, we all know there are times when we have to spend a bit more time in there, so why not enjoy a good magazine to read/browse through. Both my bathrooms are on the small side, so this project wouldn't work for me.

Glad to see that you have the "Handyman" magazine hanging there to be read. :) I've got tons of that magazine too. Just wanted to pop in and say hello to you. I'll make sure to check this thread more often now. Have a good week Ms Mud_Elf!! Take care and don't work too hard!!

Jennie

Thanks Jennie. I still have so much more to do. And am always glad for a fresh eye and new friends!!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Very nice job on the dresser. Love your color palette.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Lots of progress, looking real good! Hope the gardens are all doing well, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.