Grandkids special

Englewood, FL

$7 garage sale find, all I had to do was clean them up, make a few repairs. The dresser was painted an ugly coral, the night stand was a wood finish but the veneer was pealing.

Thumbnail by ifantail
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think the grandkids will love them!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They turned out great, and very pretty . I agree the grandkids will love them. It nice to breathe new life into something that would get thrown on the dump. I just hate our throw away society. Great job.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

NEXT year, when it's the free day at the land fill I intend to go and bring a truck and just wait and see what kind of things I can score for free!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

That's great that they have a free day at your landfill, Pat. Wish they did that here. I agree, Patti, waaay too much throw away in our society. Not a good thing.

Last year, a friend who works there, was telling about all the stuff that went to the dump. Perfectly good leather couch, dressers etc etc... hey! I NEED some of that stuff!! LOL

Vernonburg, GA

C'ville-
Have you looked into your local Freecycle group. Everything there is free.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Yes, thanks. The group here is highly competitive, let's put it that way. :)

I have picked up and given away a number of things thru Craigslist and freecycle. I admit mostly I just put my stuff on the curb with a sign and it's GONE.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

To be able to score some things at a dump would put me in junk heaven. You could furnish a home with some throw aways. I have an old dresser that was given to me for baby clothes. Well, that baby is now 52 and still have the dresser. Some day I will strip off old paint and re-new it. I've been saying that for years and still haven't done anything about it.

It's been 52 years... no rush now! LOL

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

No, I'm not rushing it!! LOL My mother had the dresser for several years and she painted it her way. Then she gave it back and been using it as is, but I get so many ideas from these threads I like. Maybe it will never get painted, but who knows when an idea will strike me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.