How do you eat your soup?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Drum roll please........this goes with the other soup thread. Which of these methods best describes the way you eat your soup:
LARGE SPOON
SMALL SPOON
DRINK FROM MUG
DRINK FROM BOWL

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Small spoon (no comments about my big mouth, but those big ole soup spoons are too big!)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

small spoon, but it has to be rounded, not oval.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

small spoon with soup mug my favorite use color is red with gold hearts around outside the mug.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Small spoon

GoVols, would I say anything about your big, uh sorry, I mean your tiny mouth?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

drink from a mug. I hate the spoon thing 'cuz I always slop it.

This message was edited Tuesday, Nov 6th 12:02 AM

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

Small spoon, old t shirt, slurp the leftovers
(hehe, im just covering all the bases)
jen

This message was edited Tuesday, Nov 6th 12:38 AM

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Large spoon...Yep I do have a big mouth!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

small spoon, clean it up with the homemade bread!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

small SOUP spoon.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

small spoon!
On rare occasions when I go out to dinner I use one of those cute rounded ones!
sue

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Drink it from a Big old soup mug, and use a soup spoon for vegggies & noodles....ahh!

"eyes"

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Large soup spoon, then slurp and gobble as the kiddos say.
Mike

Midland, PA

Big spoon and then what's left in the bowl is for the sandwich to "sweep" up. Can't waste good soup.

Kitchener, ON(Zone 5A)

Gotta have a mug for my tomato soup with a wide enough brim to dip the sandwich in

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Large spoon.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Large soup spoon!

But I must admit that I use my good ole soupcooler's to slurp up the last bit of juice outta the bowl LOL

This message was edited Thursday, Nov 8th 9:35 AM

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I'm with tiG, small, but round spoon - haven't heard anyone mention a straw yet!

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

With a large spoon in a bowl with some nice crackers.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Right out of the pot with the stirring spoon. Large spoon! :) Then slurp from the bowl.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

large soup spoon. It was chilly here this morning and all this soup talk..well,I've got a batch of veggie going in the crockpot. :-))))

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Large spoon!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I know this will make some of you cring, but the best soup in the world to me is Campbells alphabet soup with storebought white bread dipped in it. There is no greater comfort food in the world.
Haighr, I found a bunch of those spoons at a closeout sale once for a nickel apiece. I only bought 20, but wish I'd bought the whole box.

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

A small plastic spoon in a stryofoam cup,not too hot!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

A big spoon and a big bowl and of course add some TABASCO!!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh yeah love Tabasco for hot-n- Spicy any soup YUMMY!!!

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

LOL Haighr! Eating soup with a straw reminded me that I have actually done that. After I was in a car accident in 1996 my jaw was wired shut, so I got real good at eating out of a straw! Definitely wasn't my favorite way though.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Large soup spoon out of a large bowl.

love soup.......have soup at least once a week in the winter. (homemade soup of course)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

If I'm sick, I make chicken soup with a cracked egg in it and drink it from a mug.........otherwise I use a big spoon :o)

Can you believe it, it's been over a month now and I'm still sick :o(

Ok, here are the personality answers........
LARGE SPOON...you are purposeful traditionalist, know what you want, use simplest way to get from one point to another
SMALL SPOON...cautious connoisseur, avoid making a fuss, cautious, reliable, good organizer
DRINK FROM BOWL...free spirited enthusiast, lives life to the fullest, don't care what others think, different but very happy.
DRINK FROM MUG...carefree independent, not concerned with etiquette, self-reliant, on the go, knows what they like, doesn't like to be told how to do things.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm tempted to eat it with a fork...LOL, who remembers those commercials? Small spoon, here. I want to make it last longer. Then tip the mug and down the rest.

Hey, Flowox - long time no see! Maybe it's that raw egg in there keeping ya sick, girl! ;o)

This message was edited Wednesday, Nov 7th 3:45 AM

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Flowox, ya gotta be careful with those raw eggs......they got to be kept really cold, and not left at room temperature or dropped immediately into hot liquid or they can cause you some real misery!

"eyes"

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

thanks guys.......haven't really had one of those eggs in my soup for a long time :o)
I make sure it cooks in though, don't want to eat it slimy......yuck......guess I should have explained more.....LOL.

Well, I'm feeling a bit better today, a little tired though still. Yesterday it hit me hard and I had fever and chills and was on the couch with a pillow and blanket all day :o(

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.