Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

Meyers Lemon trees

Melbourne, FL

Do they do well in central florida, specifically the Melbourne area?
thanks
jackie

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

They do just fine in JAX area!!!!!

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I grew up in Melbourne ( Indialantic), and they do just fine. They probably do better on the mainland, I know oranges do.

Rockledge, FL(Zone 9b)

Our tree in Rockledge was doing good for years, had a lot of big lemons, just until it was infested with something, canker maybe. I try to save with spraying - but no, it was incurable. Just cut it last week. :(

Marco Island, FL(Zone 10b)

Still have to watch the cold. We had one in Ocala andit did well, though small. We sold that house and noticed this past winter the cold had done it in. Most people in the Ocala area cover their citrus--there were some nights down to 16--kinda why we don't live there anymore!!
Debi

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

I think a lot depends on the "stock" the plant is grafted on. Some is hardier; some stays smaller. Hopefully if you find a good, local nursery, you will get one that does well in your area.

Indian Harbour Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I live in Indian Harbour Beach; I have my first fruit this year and they're all quite healthy looking and beginning to turn yellow. I hope the tree makes it through the "greening" happening in our state.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I have one lone lemon. The tree was loaded with flowers, then we had that one late freeze.

Marco Island, FL(Zone 10b)

Mine, although still green and just starting to yellow have been delicious. Some are splitting due to the lovely rains we have had.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.