Voodoo Lily - question

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Experiences with deer resistance?
Zone? Any luck with 7a?
overall satisfaction?
Plants Delight catalogue is tempting me!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

PLants delight is just out of Raleigh so of course it will live in Hillsborough
Seen quite a few in that area also one in Hickory-big bad smelling one.LOL

Lavina

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Look at the one on the Aroid forum

Lavinia - Plants Delight sells lots of tropicals that won't make it here. I think their location is also heavy 7b and protected whereas I have a lot of 7a - wouldn't think it would make that much difference but it does. It looks tasty too ( when not delighting us with its fragrance!) and you see what I have sleeping all over the place

This message was edited Aug 21, 2013 8:57 AM

Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie Thumbnail by missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

missingrosie ~ love the first picture of the "baby". They are cute and fun to watch until they start munching on our plants -- then they turn into monsters, right? Looks like you get quite a few in your yard.

Yes. They sleep out there. So our garden is first place they hit after waking.

I always thought ( I don't know why I did..... Just did) the deer slept with heads up. But I have seen them and they are flat out totally down for the count. The fawn is always well concealed.

Hillsborough, NC

Guess I never thought about how they slept -- nor have I seen them sleeping. They stay deep in our wooded lot and only come into the yard early morning/late night so we rarely see them....but when I do I grab the camera! :-)

I got a few shots of mama and baby this morning. IPAD is so easy...but I should have camera nearby and USE it....it would do better..IPAD has limitations with clarity and in woods that matters.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I have a voodoo lily that was sent to me by a person in PA. They can be hardier than you'd think.
I love mine and got one from PDN.
Barb

Well jury is in going to give a go - thanks all

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.