Hermione is Free

Mesilla Park, NM

Message from my daughter to her beloved Hermione, a Golden Retreiver that was the sister to the two of mine.

My world feels so shattered, my heart broken in two. You surely must know, I’ll always love you.
You’re playing in heaven and I’m stuck down here. I weep as I write this, a sad lonely tear.
My baby girl, you had a bad seizure. I cradled you gently, I pet your soft fur.
I watched you hurting but couldn’t take it away. Please don’t leave me, is all I could say.
I held your sweet golden face, pet your soft little ears. I wish I could have taken away all your fears.
When it was over, your eyes glazed right passed me. No recognition, my heart cried, “oh my Hermione, please recognize mommy!”
She came around for a moment, the girl that I know. But it wasn’t long for the second seizure to show.
When the doctor said, “tumors and her future is bleek. She’s an old girl and she’s very weak.”
Oh doctor please, she my very best friend. I moaned and I cried, this can’t be the end.
My fury soulmate, my heart carries a hole. You are my angel, the joy in my soul.
When the third seizure grabbed her, my heart ripped in two. This is no life to live, I know what we must do.
My furry best friend, I must say goodbye. I nodded my head and started to cry.
Goodbye my sweet angel, my furry best friend. Some day will come and we’ll be together again.
I cried and I cried gently petting her head. The doctor proceeded and she went to bed.
I whispered soft sobs and begged her to know, I’ll love you forever, and you’ll live on in my soul.
You made me so happy, not a single regret. You were my personal angel, my family’s wonderful pet.
I love you Hermione.
Rest in peace my baby girl.
August 22, 2013

Emerald Hills, CA(Zone 9b)

Condolences & hugs to your daughter. Her poem gave me goosebumps & brought tears to my eyes... Hermione was lucky to experience such wonderful love & devotion!

Lyndonville, NY

I am so very sorry!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

So very sorry for your loss.

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you so much. She was inconsolable and cried for hours straight, then she got quite but the tears ran down. Gosh, I didn't know what to do. I'm afraid soon it will be our turn, all three would have been 12 years old in Oct., mine are slowing down too.

Thank you,

that letter she wrote to Hermione was heartbreaking to say the least.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

{{{hugs}}} for both of you.

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you AYankeeCat..
A.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

so sorry {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you wren,

She is taking this really hard.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Verona, ON

Huge hugs. The loss of your best friend is awfully huge and many of us here know that exact same feeling your DD is feeling. Sending thoughts of comfort. I am so sorry for your loss.
Dianne

Redwood City, CA

Beautiful letter. So very sorry and wishing you the best.

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you all for your kindness, when our children hurt, no matter at what age we hurt for them also.

A.

Mesilla Park, NM

I wasn't sure I could post these from the phone, but this is the furry angel , Hermione ..a week before her passing.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

How beautiful!

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh gosh, one of the feral cats she was feeding passed away yesterday and she buried it under a bush on her property. She caught several cats in the area and had them fixed then released them, but this one in particular. She couldn't catch and it was a deformed female. Anyway she still feeds them. One finally let her pet him. Funny thing is that none of the cats have tails.,

This is Joe jr. Named after a feral cat we have names Hobo Joe.
This cat loves her feet and licks her toes when she stops.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Yesterday, my faithful Dusty joined her sister up in heaven. Her brother is the darker one, they both tried to sleep next to my bed and they somehow made room for each other. They both are over 100lbs so they barely fit at he foot of my bed. The other is with my granddaughter during her visit last month.

Dusty, I love you....

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Belleville , IL(Zone 6b)

Sorry for your loss. All my dogs are getting up in years.It is time that goes too quickly that we have with our fur family. Since coming back from Alabama in 09 I lost Stormy. Hope the missing piece of your heart is soon filled with memories and possibly a new friend handpicked by Dusty for you from his heavenly lookout.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Gourd so sorry for your loss.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

So sorry. They are beautiful dogs.

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

My heart goes out to you and your daughter too. Her poem was beautiful, and the love you all have for your furkids is great.

My precious doggies are also getting to the end of their days I am afraid. We do love them don't we?

Susan

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you everyone. It was a terrible two weeks for me. I'm so heattbroken. My dear Harley is sitting here beside me missing his sisters. He makes me. Cry because he is in mourning and I'm no help. The vet told me he feeds off my emotions so I try to play with him.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.