How to make my kitchen more cosy??

Dallas, United States

Hello Guys,

I want to renovate my kitchen but I don't have any idea how can i do that?? I want to make my kitchen more cosy & too attractive..How can it's possible??

Check out the image of my kitchen:

Thumbnail by adamrobinson
Canal Fulton, OH

I think you should change your wall and cabinet colors.You can have the backslash under the wall cabinets that would look really cool and Hardwood Flooring if your budget allows you to do so. Hanging light and very much in trend these days. Experiments with different color decor to give contrast look to your kitchen.

[Link deleted by admin]

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Nice tile floor- I bet you don't want to rip that up.
Cabinets are nice but simple.
Neat and tidy but kind of boring (please excuse me, but you asked!) not much contrast
You can add excitement and interest with light fixtures -pendants over the island (shop online, there are thousands)
and cabinet pulls- online ditto--
Maybe a new countertop. Some are doing the island different from the main counter.
Wall paint and backsplash are easy and inexpensive.

I like your colored containers in the glass cab inet. Need more pops of color like that. Cover the stool seats with something brighter. I'd like dark cabinet pulls- can get some for a couple bucks each online, bigger choice and cheaper than the local store.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2013 7:40 AM

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Most of the things mentioned are pretty expensive. I think there are too many colors the same, ceiling, walls, counter top, floor, etc. Cheapest way to change that is paint. And, I think the suggestion for ceiling fixtures, tho expensive, not as bad as other things.

Think I would start there, then step back and look, and see how that looks and if it needs more. That is unless you are ready to spend a lot more.

Agawam, MA

I agree with you Jnette. Paint is the only cheapest way to give a new look to your kitchen than other things.

Nashville, TN(Zone 7a)

I would consider adding a rug on "this" side of the island and crown molding. A hanging pot rack or interesting light fixture above the island would be nice too. I think it looks nice just needs some added interest.

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Yes, area rugs are really in now, and from what the picture looks like, you have plenty of space for one. Something colorful. Still think I would do some painting first tho. Too much the same color. OR, maybe a colorful rug would take care of that.

Also something with a little height to it on the island. But, if you do some hanging lighting over the island you may not need that.

You might be sorry you asked. LOL

Agawam, MA

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

James, the roseland homes aqre beautiful, but the counter tops don't look like laminated material to me. But then they weren't closeup shots either. Don't know why they would put laminated in homes in those price ranges.

San Jose, CA

Add some decorative things in your kitchen.Open shelving is an another way to make your kitchen cozy.Table lamps also make your kitchen beautiful.

Moab, UT

[deleted for spam]

toronto, Canada

[deleted for spam]

Knoxville, TN

[deleted for spam]

Thumbnail by ramonahershberg

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.