October 2013 Shorter Days & Longer Nights

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Raining cats and dogs now!! Bring it on because I don't want to water my trees. lol

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes, been raining all day here today. The weather man was so right on. Waiting for the leaves to drop so I can use my new leaf blower!! Will be fun. Am missing all my plants hard for them to go dormant. Had a good day at work kinda fun for being halloween. Busy. Dog does not like to go for a walk when its raining so she is moping

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

It has been rainy here too. Yesterday morning, we had fog so thick that visibility was only 1/2 block away. Walking to the bus stop those 5 blocks in the dark & dense fog was really creepy.

I spend yesterday evening twisting 30 balloon animals and was out the door grocery shopping at 6 a.m. this morning. Back home to run my daughter to the bus stop at 8 am. Then, I put together a craft for 30 kids & made it to my gr-daughter's classroom party just in time. Back home around 3 & making brownies to leave to the next party that our church is putting on at a home for developmentally disabled adults. We always have a great time there. I'm just glad that it's a long ride because I'd like to sleep.

Stay safe and dry. Talk next month on the new thread.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, it was pouring good right outside the door alright! In that fifth pic up there you can see the little hails on the porch, there were more, they melted quick, it was in the 60's.
Plenty of raining cats and dogs around here the last few days! Hey, guess what all?! I interviewed for a job at pepper's work today! Fingers are crossed, from past interviews, I'm not sure that Home Depot likes my kind though! Not getting a good vibe on employment from that company, I never have..lol Yes, I get good and bad vibes from companies just like I do people..lol

I already took out the front porch light out of it's socket, we don't want no bedwetters coming to the front door. I'm just kidding but we aren't a trick or treat home, one of many I'm sure. I had to take the porch light out because the tool that remodeled in 2012 wired our porch light up hot.

That Persimmon is looking good for Fall. pic #1

Here is that Persimmon tree up close, okay, it don't look so good up close. - pic #2 See the persimmons? I might make Persimmon Pie.

Here is the Dogwood in a nice red. It's too bad saplings generally have better attributes than when they're full grown. - pic #3

Yes, wow, November is already here, Thanksgiving and Christmas and everything!
Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour tomorrow nite!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf Thumbnail by shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Here's the Nov. thread. - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1340034/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.