First freeze for coastal SC?

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

I see we have a freeze warning here in Georgetown County. Fortunately, I just put the finishing touches on my "greenhouse" yesterday. (See photo for the reason that's in quotes.) Only 39 days til solstice. ;)

This being the first winter in our new house, it's been tough finding good winter homes for my tropicals and tender plants.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 9a)

Hey, it looks good to me! What a great idea.

We stayed above freezing here, but not by much. It was around 40 at 7a.m. The wind was pretty bad though and the house was pelted with pine cones all night long.
This year I almost wish it would freeze here to get rid of the mosquitoes and sand gnats.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I woke up to snow BRRRRRRRR
We skipped the frost.LOL
Green house looks great

Got all my plants in last week.

Lavina

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Love your greenhouse! We had a skiff of snow night before last, and a hard freeze last night. I have a couple of things to bring in, but covered them last night. We refinished our deck this year (took forever), but I had to clean out all my pots early.

Entlie

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

We ended up with a flurry of snow and the wind really did a number on the sheeting. I've fixed that now ~~ and then last night a low of exactly 32. Low in the "greenhouse" was 39" so - not bad - but needs some tweaking.

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

It actually got snow in Wilmington, it was the earliest recorded snowfall in Wilmington history. We did get a tensy bit in Kure Beach, I only know because there was some on the chair cushions in our front yard.
Now it's back up near 70 and we should be getting rain tonight.
Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.