Looking for rednyr

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Anyone know how I can get in touch with Donna?

(Zone 9a)

How are you doing X?

I think Rednyr's name was Deana but I am not positive on that. I do not have her contact info either. You used to be able to find other DG's addresses but I have not seen that feature lately.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Doing ok .. having a hard time though .. had cataract surgery, right eye in October that didn't go so well. I'm twice as nearsighted now in that eye as I was before the surgery .. on a good note though .. colors are awesome without the yellow tinge my left eye sees.

Ahh .. I believe you are correct Deana .. the reason I'm trying to find her is because it looks like I'll be moving to Sumter in the late Spring and I could use her advice.

(Zone 9a)

Ouch, sorry about the cataract surgery mishap. I had it years ago and it was very successful but just yesterday I was in Charleston seeing my surgeon, I have begun to get a film on the lens in my left eye, it happens sometimes. It is only a quick laser procedure to fix it however. Will do that in January. Yes, the colors are amazing, who knew what we had been missing.

Hopefully someone will chime in with the needed info. I use to live in Columbia but do not know a whole lot about Sumter. There was another gal here from Sumter for quite a while but for the life of me I can;t remember her name either right now.

(Zone 9a)

The brain is finally waking up. The other gal was donnacreation, I think her real name was Jeannie, she lives in Sumter. Deana was living in Newberry but I think she was moving or has moved to Sumter.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Deanna is well, and working in town. I sent you a d-mail, MmeX, and I'm thrilled you're moving to Sumter!

Jeannie

(Zone 9a)

Hi Jeanie, Happy New Year!
alice

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Hi Alice, and a Happy New Year to you! Have you had a freeze yet?

(Zone 9a)

No, it did get down to 39 early one morning but it only stays there for an hour or so. I still have bananas on a tree, this bunch was very late in forming and I am holding out picking them until they get a bit bigger. Nearby areas have had freezes, I have been lucky.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I've had several lows in the low 20's. My out of zone Phoexix sylvestris palms are too big to protect, and they're already looking a little fried. It will be interesting to see if they can survive whatever winter has in store. They would certainly be happier down your way.

(Zone 9a)

Someone in my neighborhood has a Queen palm. It took many years to become established and looked pretty raggy some winters but now it is lovely and seems to handle the cold more easily. Let's hope yours do the same.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I had one queen palm survive last winter. It was super burnt, but by the end of the summer it had grown new fronds. There's no way it's going to survive this winter, but it was an interesting experiment in cold hardiness.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.