Swirlology

Richmond, TX

I just read an article about using the horse's pattern of hair swirls to predict its character and trainability. Anyone have any thoughts?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I've heard alot of things over the years but never that. I'll have to look it up and ask some people in my area.

Alba, TX(Zone 8a)

So...if your horse has a few cowlicks in his mane maybe he will be a good cow-horse? I had one trainer swear to me that you can tell how easy a horse will be to train by the shape of the hoof. I suppose hair swirls would run along those same lines.

Richmond, TX

I have been meaning to take a few picture of my horses' swirls that seem to back up the theory. Apparently it works for cows too.

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I've only heard about temperament connected to the forehead swirls. One of the horse mags ran an article about it several years ago. Pretty interesting.

Richmond, TX

An article that covers it rather extensively: http://foxpointfarm.com/Swirlology.html

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

This article is interesting, porkpal.

Richmond, TX

I am not sure I buy the fact that the forehead hair is connected to the brain, but it is true that the embryonic cells that develop into nervous tissue also grow up to be skin cells.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images