Kahori dianthus

Morgantown, WV

I bought the kahori dianthus at lowes last summer and was very happy how they were on my hillside bloomed all summer and fall. I wanted to get more for my bank this spring. I got so lucky on eBay a person named so happy (9747) offered on a auction for 9.99 & 16.00 shipping. For 50 plugs! Shipping was awesome. They came beautiful. They have a sight called bountiful plants. Just wanted to share this. The plugs were even blooming. I promoted them up to small containers and now I will watch them till spring.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Do you have a picture of these dianthus? They sound wonderful.

I purchased Dianthus Desmond from Bluestone Perennials and it came last week. I can't wait to see it bloom. I also just purchased a dianthus called Super Trouper in orange and it has the cutest light orange flowers that look like mini carnations and smell wonderful. They are a zone 6 and it seems like they are sold as annuals. I am putting it in a pot near the porch for the summer and may dig it and pot it and try to keep it indoors for the winter. I'd hate to lose it if we have another bad winter like we had last year.

Linda

Morgantown, WV

I will put pictures on tomorrow I had about 44 plugs survive and they are blooming now. Also the ones I planted last fall survived the winter and is now blooming too. Real happy with these.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I just looked up pictures of your plants. They are indeed lovely. Are they fragrant as well? It looks like they have a nice, long blooming season too. Great for a border or edging plant. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Linda

Morgantown, WV

The first picture is my plugs I had in the house all winter the second is a picture of one I planted last year. So they survive the winter here in zone 6. This past winter was nasty also.

Thumbnail by 1234dottie Thumbnail by 1234dottie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.