Brrrrrrr its cold

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hope all are safe and warm
Sleet has finallystoped and its snowing

Lavina

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

20 degrees here this morning. We have about 3 inches of hard crust of sleet and ice, with a couple of inches of snow on top of that. It's impossible to shovel. There was a very cold male cardinal hunched up on our porch rail this morning, below the bird feeder, and there are bird tracks on the floor of the front porch. Guessing they got on the porch to keep warm.

Entlie

Hillsborough, NC

It's 18 degrees here. Snow accumulation out where we are is approximately an inch and a half with some crunchy ice beneath. Bird activity at my feeders this morning is very heavy especially the cardinals. Their color is so pretty against all the white. Watching them flit about has me hoping for an early spring!

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Only a slushy inch in Sumter with low of 24f. Dreading tonight's forecast low of 13f.

(Zone 9a)

Well, this "blizzard: has brought things to a standstill down here. :-) We are ill prepared for ice in this neck of the woods.

The storm has now passed us but the temp appears to be going down; the bridges will still be dangerous for a while.

Thumbnail by ardesia Thumbnail by ardesia Thumbnail by ardesia
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

lovely shots, alice, even though i hate the thought of you having to contend with it.

(Zone 9a)

The deck is still covered with a solid sheet of ice. Hard to believe such a bit of weather can create such havoc. My heart goes out to those stuck along the roads in GA.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Are folks still stuck out on the roads? I heard that the schools had quite a few little guests overnight. My brother real sick and on phone with family and updates and have not turned on radio or TV to get news.

Hillsborough, NC

Rosie -- I'll be praying all goes well for your brother and family.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank you..this has been an ordeal. Cardiac Bypass gone horribly wrong. Elective surgery too...walked right in to the hospital under his own steam.

How are the secondary roads? I have not tried Borland. It is steep and curvy. No reaon to go out and have a feeling it is icy.

Hillsborough, NC

Husband went out around 1:00 this afternoon to go to the gym. When he came home he said the roads were icy and dangerous -- he wished he'd just stayed home! Secondary roads will definitely be bad in the morning. However, in a couple of days the temps will be warmer and all this will be gone. :-) Stay safe everyone.

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Sounds like rain out side my office window everything is thawing out.

Hugs yall

Lavina

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

The snow that had been shoveled against the medians at my work finally melted away last night.
It actually was warm and sunny yesterday...and I worked.
I'm off tomorrow though, so it's supposed to rain! Yea!!! ;)
Barb
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:28449.1.99999

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.