Creeping Phlox not blooming this year

Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

Does anyone know why creeping phlox would not bloom? Here is a photo from 2012, it's blooming full and beautifully, behind the short iris.

Thumbnail by cindyeo
Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

and here is a photo from today, almost no blooms

Thumbnail by cindyeo
Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

It looks like it's struggling to come back from the winter. Is it just me or does it look smaller in the second photo than in the first? Your phlox looks like mine did 5 weeks ago..sorry but I'm not sure what's going on there. Do you see any pests in the area? Any rabbit damage?

Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

yes, it is smaller, because I dug up some of the edges to make new plants, which did bloom. I do have rabbits in the yard, but have been watching carefully for munching and I really don't think that's why it didn't bloom, I don't see any chewed off stems.

Duxbury, MA(Zone 7a)

I have another fuscia colored one that has never bloomed for me. I took a small piece of a friend's plant. The plant has done well, doubled in size many times, so I now have 2 plants, but neither of them bloom! Until this year at least the lavender one bloomed, but now that has stopped, too.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

That's weird, I'm not quite sure what's going on there. I wonder if they get too much shade?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.