Has anyone seen a toy like this?

(Zone 9a)

Years ago we bought this chew toy for our dog and he loves it. He spends about 15 minutes every night chewing on it. We laugh about him brushing his teeth after dinner.

It is still in fairly good condition but just in case it falls apart any time soon, we are looking for a replacement. Naturally I can't remember where we might have bought it to begin with and our local pet stores do not recognize it. We have tried other toys that are good for their teeth and gums but none have caught his fancy.

Have any of my DG friends seen this anywhere? It is about 6" long.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

we have one too... no idea where it came from though. I think one of my kids bought it. Have had it for years...

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

i've been searching, using various search terms.... this is the closest I got....
http://www.indestructibledog.com/collections/dog-toys/products/bristle-bone

bristle bone.

(Zone 9a)

Thanks, that is very close and I may try it but it probably wouldn't work for us. Boolie completely ignores any hard toys like the ends on that one look like they are.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Have you checked Amazon.com??

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Sandy -- I jsut flipped thru 20 pgs on amazon.... only 1 looks similar with the 'knobs' but nothing like the image she posted.

the neat thing about that 'toy' is it's knobby and each section spins... so great for teeth cleaning.

(Zone 9a)

I've googled until my eyes are blurry, that's why I turned to DG. :-)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

lol... i hear ya, so did i, looking for it too.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Check out the "Busy Buddy dog toys" it looked like some I saw at a pet store

(Zone 9a)

Thanks Sandy, I looked at some of those at PetSmart, they are close. The one that looks most like this one has these hard bone ends and my guy does not chew hard things. He must have some strong retriever genes in him because he has a very soft mouth.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I've been browsing for bones for my Buddy, and came across this .. .
http://www.chewy.com/dog/busy-buddy-bristle-bone-dog-toy/dp/48839

and then Farm and Fleet has something similar...
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/515728-nylabone-double-action-dental-dog-chew-toy.html#.VHfj-snilX8

I wonder if I'd be able to find Buddy's old one... he never likes it. It has to be in a box or bucket in the garage. It is pretty spot on to the one in your post.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

I get a lot at Chewy.com.

(Zone 9a)

Mr. Chewy is the coolest site to deal with. We have been very happy with them but sadly, the toys are not the same, we have tried and he does not like those hard end parts. :-(
So far our original is still holding up and we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed that it continues. Boolie still chews on that thing every night.

Spokane, WA(Zone 6a)

Ardesia : I'm not a fan of the plastic Nylabone chew toys, so I am glad you are not getting those. I have seen this dental toy in other countries. Yep, I think I just found it...…

Rubber Pet Dog Puppy Dental Teething Healthy Teeth Gums Chew Toy HOT -CB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rubber-Pet-Dog-Puppy-Dental-Teething-Healthy-Teeth-Gums-Chew-Toy-HOT-CB-/351208461378

Is this it?

Thumbnail by OniOni
(Zone 9a)

Well, I'll be! I believe that is it or certainly as close a possible. Who knew his "toothbrush" was imported. LOL

Going to order one right now.

(Zone 9a)

Could not get one through your link, they did not send to the US, but I opened eBay and typed in "rubber pet toy puppy teething toy" and many listings came up with prices from $.01 to $13.95 for the exact item. Essentially they are all shipped from China.

I went with this one, let's hope it gets here. :-) THANK YOU OniOni !
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201203658077?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Spokane, WA(Zone 6a)

Glad to be of service.

(Zone 9a)

LOL, the toy I ordered on January 13th finally arrived, it came on a slow boat from China.

It was only 3.49 so I can't complain but I do intend to make them aware they are not shipping the same toy they advertise. You can see the ad in my post above which is identical to the picture OniOni posted. This is a picture of my original one and the new one. :-)

This message was edited Feb 7, 2015 6:31 AM

Thumbnail by ardesia
Spokane, WA(Zone 6a)

Well, that's a bummer! Altho the wonders of the computer age make some things so pleasant, they can not satisfy all requirements for those of us buying stuff. I truly miss the ability of 'touching' stuff before I buy it. So often the description fails to mention some critical facts and never states something like…warning--item made with extremely shoddy material.
How long is your original toy? I attend dog shows often and the vendors often carry stuff you do not find in the normal markets. I'll keep an eye out for your treasure and if I find one, I'll send it to you. But warning….this may be slower than that boat from China.

(Zone 9a)

Thanks, but I'll just stick with this one for now. The seller had written to me twice asking for feedback so I wrote this morning and said how can I give positive feedback when you show a picture of one thing and ship another. We'll see what she or he says now.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

I ordered something from China awhile back from eBay that like yours cost me less than it cost them to ship it to me. I had to wonder if it was some kind of scam to access my credit card. Why would they send you an item with free shipping from China that cost them more to send it then you paid, never mind the cost of the item also to them?

(Zone 9a)

Hi Kell, How are you? I hope the flooding wind are not wrecking havoc with your beautiful garden.

I wondered the same thing about the dog toy. How do they manufacture and sell something so cheap? I always use PayPal when I question who I am buying from. That way I do not have to give out any credit information to every tom, dick and harry.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi back! It is pouring here and will all day and tomorrow! Thank God. We are so dry!

I was wondering if they could do something with having our address, name and email. Could they hack into our computers with that info? There is just something not right with selling an item for less than it will cost them to mail it from China. There has to be an angle.

Hope you are doing great, Alice! Happy Sunday!

(Zone 9a)

They have been contacting me through eBay, not my personal email and I have my PayPal linked to a checking account where I only keep a small amount of money for purchases like this. I also have eBay linked to an email address I only use there, no personal info goes out on that one. Nothing is foolproof anymore though, if they haven't already been hacked, PayPal and eBay could get hit tomorrow.

Glad you are appreciating the rain, you certainly needed it. We are heading to Tahoe on Thursday and we keep hoping it keeps snowing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.