A bee on a geum

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I took about a hundred pictures trying to catch a bee, but it is hard-they only seem to spend about 2 seconds on each one, and just by landing on it they make it move around. But I kind of like this one. The violet background flower is Geranium x magnificum.

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

What a great shot! I especially like the blue/orange thing going on.

It's funny, when I'm trying to take a picture of a flower, I can't keep the bees out of the picture. But if you want a picture of the bee, you can't get him to get in the shot.

I took a picture of a flower the other day and when I looked at it on the computer,
all you could see was this huge daddy long legs perched on top.
I hadn't even noticed him while taking the picture...

Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Fabulous picture.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

I love the colors of the geum and the cranesbill together. You did a great job with your pictures.

Linda

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Very Pretty !!! Nice relaxing natural look ! ^_^

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Pretty sweet setup MLM. What geranium is that in the background?

That is G. x magnificum that I planted about 5? years ago. The label said 2 feet tall and wide. I just measured it at 28" x 8 feet wide. This is the first year it opened up a bit in the center after a hard rain, I guess it it's time to divide it. It is a clumper not a sprawler. I also have a new cultivar I planted last year called "Rosemoor' that is billed as a bit smaller, a bit later, and a bit more extended bloom. It is just getting going blooming now, about 2 weeks later than the regular one.
Here is a photo today of the geums and geranium, on which the bees are busy...

Thumbnail by Pistil
Saint Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Still love the orange/blue combo.
Either a stroke of inspiration or happy accident - beautiful in either case!

Thank you, I did plan it. My first try was the yellow yarrow in the background, but it won't bloom until the day after the geranium is done. This is the first year the geums have bloomed so splendidly, but they are about done now, and I will have another week of the geranium. I just pulled out an unhappy yellow helianthemum on the other side and planted a yellow Peony Molly-the-Witch, we will see what happens. The leaves on Molly are really pretty and contrast with the geranium, so I thought it would be nice all summer even if the bloom times are off.
Ok, now I really gotta go to work, but this chatting is so much more fun...

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Well that sure is a large geranium! I bet it's even prettier in person.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.